Become a Patron!

Do you boil your coils?

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found that if I pour boiling water over my new coils, leave them to sit for an hour and drying them completely before using them for the first time gives me the taste I'm looking for after a few puffs rather than breaking in a new one with a tank full of juice.

I'm thinking that the reason why rta's give such good flavor from the start is because we fire the coils before wicking them and therefore getting rid of the coating on the wires we use. And we can't exactly do that with pre-made coils since they already come wicked. Has anyone else tried this out? Or am I just really lucky with the new packs of coils I'm getting?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tried it a while ago with some Kanger coils and it didn't work out so well. They were left with a funky almost musty taste.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I boil them after the flavor starts to fade. 0ne cup of water in a pot, bring to a boil, add a 1/4 teaspoon of salt, boil the coils for 5 minutes, remove and place then on a couple of sheets of writing paper and let dry over night. The paper pulls the moister out of them.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tried it a while ago with some Kanger coils and it didn't work out so well. They were left with a funky almost musty taste.
Where were they drying? Could that have made an impact?

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try drying your coils out thoroughly. After I boil mine, I pat them dry with paper towels then leave them in a covered container filled with rice. 8hrs should do the trick. They taste a little musty for the first few puffs then they start to get the flavor I'm looking for. A few puffs for me are better than wasting a full tank or two of e liquid to break in the coils. Let me know if you have the same effect.

Works for old coils too, my old coils are now reusable again.

VU Sponsors