Become a Patron!

DO NOT BUY FROM GEARBEST

MonsterClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
just a tip to all of you. make sure you do thorough research on who your buying from. I bought a box from snow wolf just to realize it took most people 3 months to get there order from them. they even made bots to put fake 5 star reviews on multiple websites.they also lie about the actually base price of what your buying just to make you think that youre getting a better deal than you actually are.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
just a tip to all of you. make sure you do thorough research on who your buying from. I bought a box from snow wolf just to realize it took most people 3 months to get there order from them. they even made bots to put fake 5 star reviews on multiple websites.they also lie about the actually base price of what your buying just to make you think that youre getting a better deal than you actually are.
What? I never had that problem that sounds crazy are you sure?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're ordering from China, expect things to arrive on the slow boat. I've got my first couple GB orders in the mail now, who knows when they'll show up. But I've been using Fasttech for years, some people say the same things about them but I know I'll always get what I order...it just might not be this month.

It seems an old analogy for sports cars may also apply to buying vape gear from online vendors: Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick two.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
GearBest ain't FastTech. I respect that they're making a profit for Joe, just be educated in your purchases.

http://gearbest.pissedconsumer.com/
GEARBEST has bombarded many of the consumer review sites with phony five star reviews. This disclaimer is now on trustpilot's site. As you can see GEARBEST has lots of 5 star reviews just in the last few weeks.
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/gearbest.com
Dear Trustpilot users,
This is a notification to inform you that our proprietary software has discovered a large number of fake reviews on this domain. Consequently, we have investigated all reviews connected to this domain and have removed several hundreds of reviews from the domain. Manipulation of reviews is a great threat to both consumers and businesses. We will continue to fight attempts to manipulate reviews to safeguard the integrity of Trustpilot, and we will share information about such severe and coordinated attempts with our users. Please refer to our blog post to read more about our latest initiatives to combat fake review.

Disclaimer: I don't care where people buy their stuff but I do care about our community.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just had another bump with GearBest. I ordered an item a couple weeks ago and it still hadn't shipped. I contacted them and they said it was out of stock. This was the second time this happened to me with GB. They said I could find another item for the same price and order that or they could add the money to my Wallet. Wallet? I don't use that service, I use PayPal. They did not offer to refund my money. I paid for an item and they can't send it. Now they want to hold onto my money to force me to order something else. What the fuck?

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just had another bump with GearBest. I ordered an item a couple weeks ago and it still hadn't shipped. I contacted them and they said it was out of stock. This was the second time this happened to me with GB. They said I could find another item for the same price and order that or they could add the money to my Wallet. Wallet? I don't use that service, I use PayPal. They did not offer to refund my money. I paid for an item and they can't send it. Now they want to hold onto my money to force me to order something else. What the fuck?

I trust you filed a dispute with PayPal. Showing out of stock items as available is common with GB. Get it back while you're able. You can also add your gripe to the hundreds of others at the BBB if you wish.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I trust you filed a dispute with PayPal. Showing out of stock items as available is common with GB. Get it back while you're able. You can also add your gripe to the hundreds of others at the BBB if you wish.
Not yet. I responded that I expect a refund using my original payment method. That was last night and I'm not sure if they will respond on a Sunday. I'll give them a full business day or two. If they don't offer me a proper refund I'll definitely file a dispute with PayPal. I'm interested to see how they respond.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
GearBest ain't FastTech. I respect that they're making a profit for Joe, just be educated in your purchases.

http://gearbest.pissedconsumer.com/
GEARBEST has bombarded many of the consumer review sites with phony five star reviews. This disclaimer is now on trustpilot's site. As you can see GEARBEST has lots of 5 star reviews just in the last few weeks.
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/gearbest.com
Dear Trustpilot users,
This is a notification to inform you that our proprietary software has discovered a large number of fake reviews on this domain. Consequently, we have investigated all reviews connected to this domain and have removed several hundreds of reviews from the domain. Manipulation of reviews is a great threat to both consumers and businesses. We will continue to fight attempts to manipulate reviews to safeguard the integrity of Trustpilot, and we will share information about such severe and coordinated attempts with our users. Please refer to our blog post to read more about our latest initiatives to combat fake review.

Disclaimer: I don't care where people buy their stuff but I do care about our community.
Duly noted - let's see where these sample orders go, I put them in and have shipping notifications despite the warning posts...no product yet, but it's only been a week or so...

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
ca56245f4e1fc4c9f21ba21a83b466cd.jpg

......they just started following me on instagram. Hmmmmm......

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Duly noted - let's see where these sample orders go, I put them in and have shipping notifications despite the warning posts...no product yet, but it's only been a week or so...

I did a sample order a few months back. Delivery time was about 60 days.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
GearBest ain't FastTech. I respect that they're making a profit for Joe, ...
Then perhaps somebody ought to be having a discussion with Joe. You are known by the company you keep, and GearBest does not sound like the kind of operation with which an honourable person would wish to be associated, in my view.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not yet. I responded that I expect a refund using my original payment method. That was last night and I'm not sure if they will respond on a Sunday. I'll give them a full business day or two. If they don't offer me a proper refund I'll definitely file a dispute with PayPal. I'm interested to see how they respond.
I basically had the same thing happen with an oos item that I canceled. Their wallet is a fancy way of saying store credit. I told them the same thing you did, but I added if they didn't want to do that, I'd just file a claim with PayPal. No problem, I received a refund within a couple business day. Good luck!

Cheers,
Steve

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Then perhaps somebody ought to be having a discussion with Joe. You are known by the company you keep, and GearBest does not sound like the kind of operation with which an honourable person would wish to be associated, in my view.

While I agree, I have no personal (or business) relationship with Joe Petner, hence, no influence other than one more voice in the crowd (and there have been many) who have declared GearBest unethical in their business practices. If the above substantiated information regarding the GearBest sock-puppets posting phoney review isn't enough for Joe to stop profiting from GB mistreating or worse, ripping off the very people who follow him, feed him and populate his forum, the information at BBB isn't enough and the ongoing outcry from the VU community, what can I do? I'm nobody.

It did occur to me how unfortunate it was that GuideToVaping, where many of us went to vote VU and Joe Petner into fame and in the latter case, fortune, didn't have a World's Worst Vendor category.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm really sorry to hear all that but it reinforces why I don't order anything directly from China. Hope you get it worked out soon

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm really sorry to hear all that but it reinforces why I don't order anything directly from China. Hope you get it worked out soon.

At the risk of running this into the ground, while I care not where people buy their stuff, I'm preparing another monthly order from FastTech.

GearBest ain't FastTech.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At the risk of running this into the ground, while I care not where people buy their stuff, I'm preparing another monthly order from FastTech.

GearBest ain't FastTech.
Better you than me waiting on that long boat ride, good luck!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

MorpheusPA

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had a very good experience with GearBest--the order I placed was from the USA warehouse and did, indeed, get shipped from the USA. It was here pretty quickly, in excellent condition.

Given the reviews above and my own experience, I'd probably choose FastTech for orders originating in China. I've had great success with them in the past, plus shipments they auto-split because one item was taking too long. Now that's good customer service!

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had a very good experience with GearBest--the order I placed was from the USA warehouse and did, indeed, get shipped from the USA. It was here pretty quickly, in excellent condition.

Given the reviews above and my own experience, I'd probably choose FastTech for orders originating in China. I've had great success with them in the past, plus shipments they auto-split because one item was taking too long. Now that's good customer service!

GearBest has no US warehouse. Other China vendors do, however.

FT order do come from China. Mine average eight to 10 days consistently and have done so for over a year.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I've only ever ordered anything direct from a Chinese vendor/manufacturer. It was a low-end, but decent (it turned out) flashlight that cost me all of about $10. It took a couple weeks to arrive. The only reason I did it was because I regarded it as a throw-away purchase.

With all due respect to the China-based sellers and manufacturers, here: I would not be inclined to do it for anything that really mattered to me. Simply don't care to wait that long for my purchases, for which I've already paid, to arrive.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
GearBest has no US warehouse. Other China vendors do, however.

FT order do come from China. Mine average eight to 10 days consistently and have done so for over a year.
They do have a USA warehouse. I've ordered from it myself (XTAR charger and a couple of other things). It was a completely different experience for me (compared to ordering from their China Warehouse).. Shipped the next day and I received my order in 5 days iirc.

Last edited:

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Regarding the US warehouse (as if the above helpful posters weren't already aware of this fact) it's news to me. I was wrong and I've been around long enough to know it probably won't be the last time.

That does not change their apparent lack of ethical business practices, but buy where you wish. Just do so an an informed consumer.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sticking up for them @SailCat. I've had a few bad experiences with them myself. Basically I had store credit and wanted to use it up. I noticed the charger I wanted was in stock in their USA warehouse, so I gave it a go.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still waiting for my Koopor 200 plus, contact customer service they will respond via GEARBEST website only... I think there's another thread about them somewhere here in VU

VAPE ON

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not sticking up for them @SailCat. I've had a few bad experiences with them. Basically I had store credit and wanted to use it up. I noticed the charger I wanted was in stock in their USA warehouse, so I gave it a go.

Nor did I mean to imply that's the case. I've just been inundated with negative information on GB over the past few weeks. I felt the need to share that high a degree of suckage with those who might make an uninformed buying decision.

I know you've been around the block, Wingsfan0310. I remember you from ECF.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Isnt that just it though, a uninformed purchase decision? Ive had the same thing happen with FT, I bought a LARGE amount of items and used the free shipping and after paying and waiting I read that shipping may take up to 3-4 months and I was pissed. I now know to but things that can be flown in from china and always use the air-ship method now. You cannot blame a company when you are the one who bought with different expectations, their other problems-being out of stock and showing in stock is a different story altogether....
Always research and read up on a company and its methods before buying from them if its not in your own country or you are unsure, most companies have a F.A.Q. page with all needed information, this keeps you updated if anything changes also.

Moral of the story here is to not expect a company to do what you think it will, read up and see what options you can use so your satisfied.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Isnt that just it though, a uninformed purchase decision? Ive had the same thing happen with FT, I bought a LARGE amount of items and used the free shipping and after paying and waiting I read that shipping may take up to 3-4 months and I was pissed. I now know to but things that can be flown in from china and always use the air-ship method now. You cannot blame a company when you are the one who bought with different expectations, their other problems-being out of stock and showing in stock is a different story altogether....
Always research and read up on a company and its methods before buying from them if its not in your own country or you are unsure, most companies have a F.A.Q. page with all needed information, this keeps you updated if anything changes also.

Moral of the story here is to not expect a company to do what you think it will, read up and see what options you can use so your satisfied.

Conversely, when a company says "In stock" when in fact it is not (as does GB) or ships in 3-4 days (O which they also claim but rarely happens), they have created the expectations to which they should be expected to meet.

I can't know what posts you're reading nor when you ordered from FR but they have really opped their game over the past 18 moths. Deliveries averaging 10 days or less and decent customer service.

As always, buy wherever you wish, just be informed.

MorpheusPA

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I loathe it when companies say something's in stock and it isn't. Or they severely mis-call the in stock dates.

FT just did that to me (a little), but made it up by splitting the shipment. The delay is only three days, and it really isn't something I need anyway, though, so I'm not upset.

Average delivery times from FT have been around 12 days, but do vary by a lot. I'm just careful not to order anything I need right then.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I loathe it when companies say something's in stock and it isn't. Or they severely mis-call the in stock dates.

FT just did that to me (a little), but made it up by splitting the shipment. The delay is only three days, and it really isn't something I need anyway, though, so I'm not upset.

Average delivery times from FT have been around 12 days, but do vary by a lot. I'm just careful not to order anything I need right then.

Yeah, FT will split an order if it is being held up by an item or items. Maybe they all do this, I dunno.

The idea is that you get your stuff as quickly as possible without paying extra(as would be the case) for one or two items.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've thought the same thing numerous times concerning Joe. I understand the need to support his endeavors, but being an affiliate for GearBest is one he should drop. It just reflects badly on him. It would be different if there were just a few disgruntles buyers, but the vastness of their ineptitude is just incredibly nerve racking. To not have an item in stock at a given sale price, then tell the customer (who paid in advance for their particular product) "Not my problem" when they are told GearBest can't get the item any longer, is a deplorable business practice.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've thought the same thing numerous times concerning Joe. I understand the need to support his endeavors, but being an affiliate for GearBest is one he should drop. It just reflects badly on him. It would be different if there were just a few disgruntles buyers, but the vastness of their ineptitude is just incredibly nerve racking. To not have an item in stock at a given sale price, then tell the customer (who paid in advance for their particular product) "Not my problem" when they are told GearBest can't get the item any longer, is a deplorable business practice.

Merely liking your post seemed inadequate, Chef. If there are others (and there should be) who feel this strongly about the issue, what's to be done? Civil disobedience isn't an option as this forum ain't a Democracy. Does anyone short of TygerTyger have any juice with Joe? By 'juice', I mean influence, of course.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
look its simple,
JOE AINT STUPID
Im sure he knows about the complaints about GB on here.
He sees things differently then some of us.
If he feels the GB is making him look bad he will address it.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's making him look bad. Certainly to the majority of the community.

Bottom line: it's the bottom line. Profit is a powerful motivator.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
look its simple,
JOE AINT STUPID
Im sure he knows about the complaints about GB on here.
He sees things differently then some of us.
If he feels the GB is making him look bad he will address it.
You're making an assumption that isn't necessarily valid. As noted in another thread: Profit is a powerful motivator and the buying public doesn't place much value on reputability.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tend to think in the end if they piss off enough of their customers, they will put themselves out of business. I don't care how many people tell me to buy something somewhere. When a place leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I stop doing business with them. Maybe I'm the odd one, but I think the market will sort itself out. Might just take awhile is all.

Cheers,
Steve

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tend to think in the end if they piss off enough of their customers, they will put themselves out of business. I don't care how many people tell me to buy something somewhere. When a place leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I stop doing business with them. Maybe I'm the odd one, but I think the market will sort itself out. Might just take awhile is all.

Cheers,
Steve

Agreed. Unfortunately, Vapor Joes is promoting them, creating an ever-longer list of pissed off people that will remember where they got the recommendation. Who wins in this other than short term profiting by the promoter?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ordered a few things from GB a month ago. Got tweezers from the American warehouse, took about a week to get here. The rest (4 batteries, a Smok Xcube II, and some wire) saved about $30-40 from what I saw the prices being elsewhere at the time. Just got the China shipment in yesterday, ordered Nov 11th, got it Dec 7th. Not to bad honestly, I'm as impatient as anyone so of course I was annoyed a bit, but that's not that bad. Not trying to say they are good, just that not everything is a horror story where they are concerned. One thing is certain though, they make Fasttech look fast ;)

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ordered a few things from GB a month ago. Got tweezers from the American warehouse, took about a week to get here. The rest (4 batteries, a Smok Xcube II, and some wire) saved about $30-40 from what I saw the prices being elsewhere at the time. Just got the China shipment in yesterday, ordered Nov 11th, got it Dec 7th. Not to bad honestly, I'm as impatient as anyone so of course I was annoyed a bit, but that's not that bad. Not trying to say they are good, just that not everything is a horror story where they are concerned. One thing is certain though, they make Fasttech look fast ;)

Yeah, it's really challenging to address what percentage of customers having, as you said, a "horror story" is acceptable. Is 50% acceptable? 20%? Tough call.

Certainly it's 100% if those who complained to the BBB regarding the manner in which this distributor is doing business in the US.

gtrpickr

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I ordered a tank from GB and knew it was coming from china it took about a month to get it. I just ordered another tank from them and knew it was coming from the US warehouse and only took a week. I really dont like ordering from china unless I cant find a good price for it here in the US, but if I do I prepare myself for the wait anything can happen with shipments coming from overseas.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't mind waiting, as long as it's expected. And with GearBest, it's expected. My biggest problem with GB is that if they have 150 pieces of a certain item in stock at a certain price, they have no problem taking 273 orders for that item. Then they won't honor that price for the people that have paid for that item when they run out of stock and need to order more. And then there's the "Great UD Clapton Wire Fiasco Of 2015" where TONS of people never received there order (myself included) for the wire. It was a pre-order sale in July, and supposedly shipped in August. I (and many others) still haven't received it.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't mind waiting, as long as it's expected. And with GearBest, it's expected. My biggest problem with GB is that if they have 150 pieces of a certain item in stock at a certain price, they have no problem taking 273 orders for that item. Then they won't honor that price for the people that have paid for that item when they run out of stock and need to order more. And then there's the "Great UD Clapton Wire Fiasco Of 2015" where TONS of people never received there order (myself included) for the wire. It was a pre-order sale in July, and supposedly shipped in August. I (and many others) still haven't received it.

Wow, realy? That sounds unethical! :rolleyes:

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I basically had the same thing happen with an oos item that I canceled. Their wallet is a fancy way of saying store credit. I told them the same thing you did, but I added if they didn't want to do that, I'd just file a claim with PayPal. No problem, I received a refund within a couple business day. Good luck!

Cheers,
Steve
You were right Steve. I told them I wanted a PayPal refund and I finally got it today. It took them about 5 days to respond to my original ticket but at least they gave me an actual refund.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After lots of back n forth with GBEST
Ordered 11/20 Koopor plus silver
11/27 I was informed the silver color is D/C
SENT AN EMAIL 11/29 I said I will wait...
Received email 12/1
I can pick another color
I sent a message stating I wanted the red color way
12/3 they said there's gonna be a delay again, and I was told to pick another mod..
12/5 sent them an email i will replace the Koopor with the RX200
12/7 they said OK...
12/11 shipment confirmation
BUT WAIT......
They sent me
KOOPOR PLUS SILVER
WTF!!!!!!!!
I'm selling this bad boy when I get it
PM ME..

VAPE ON

GearBest ain't FastTech.
I agree, I have placed many many orders from FastTech over the past three years and although my first order took forever, I have also received an item in 7 days but no matter what I receive that item and if it is not up to par they refund me quickly. I ordered the E Leaf Pico Starter Kit from Gear Best and I am cringing while I read all of this. I really could not afford it but I could not afford not to buy it either, it was such a good deal. Now it has been a week and the tracking still reads that the number is not recognized through the Hungarian Post and I am getting scared they said I would receive it in 10 working days. RRRRR why can't they just be honest, I would rather just know the truth about time I will still usually go for the best price.

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Up to this point I have always had good luck ordering from Gearbest. But, that is apparently ending. Way back when I ordered an Artery Nugget. GB said 3 to 5 business days to ship. Was more like 3 weeks. Then I get a tracking number! What a joke. There it sits, says its been shipped, but it really hasn't been. Day, after day, after day, after day, after day................I think this will be my last order also.

cking2

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I posted a while ago about GearBest and my experience with them. I felt is was the classic bate and switch, but when pressed they did refund my PayPal payment without a dispute.

SuperflyTNT

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Same thing happened to me. took about 2 months to get a snow wolf I didn't want.

StillWaters

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Super... Just ordered my first rta through them. I thought they were a USA vendor, for some inexplicable reason, but my order is shipping from Hungary :eek: Noob mistake... Just hope it doesn't go wonky on me.

VU Sponsors