Become a Patron!

Do It Yourself Mixing Thread

DIY Flavor Shack Inc.

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Everybody!!!

As you know DIY Flavor Shack specializes in mixing your own e-liquid and teaching/helping individuals to become more successful Mixologists. With that being said...I would like to open up the lines of communication with everybody. If you have any questions feel free to ask. If you have any answers feel free to answer.

:) Amber

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With that being said...I would like to open up the lines of communication with everybody. If you have any questions feel free to ask. If you have any answers feel free to answer. :) Amber
That is awesome that you are taking the time to offer help/communication about something we all love and enjoy.

Do you have a recipe or two you could share with us?
I am sure these would generate questions and whatnot.

What is it like doing what you do?

Do you vape? If you do, what gear do you have?

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm curious as to what your 'gotta-haves' are ... can you tell us a few of your flavoring favorites and perhaps a little bit on why? :)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I asked you guys a question over a year ago and got no response.

DIY Flavor Shack Inc.

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
I'm curious as to what your 'gotta-haves' are ... can you tell us a few of your flavoring favorites and perhaps a little bit on why? :)
We have so many flavors it is hard to choose a favorite :) I love creamy flavors and the cereals are so much fun. My ultimate flavor is our Interstellar. It is a Lucky Charms e-liquid that tastes just like the real thing. Then second would be our Jolly line...especially the jolly watermelon. I love candy and this one is the best

DIY Flavor Shack Inc.

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
I asked you guys a question over a year ago and got no response.
I am so sorry to hear this. I would love to know and answer your question. We have been going through some big changes at DIY and I am sorry if you got lost in the shuffle. We are working so hard to fix that issue!!!

DIY Flavor Shack Inc.

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
That is awesome that you are taking the time to offer help/communication about something we all love and enjoy.

Do you have a recipe or two you could share with us?
I am sure these would generate questions and whatnot.

What is it like doing what you do?

Do you vape? If you do, what gear do you have?

Hmmm!!!!!

I got a recipe that I can share...It is one of my personal favorites and is not even offered on the website because I vape it all to myself ;)

It is a 100% VG blend with VG Chocolate 10% VG Banana 10% and VG Blueberry 10% with the rest VG. (I don't use nic but you can always add if you want)

As for what I do. I have been with DIY Flavor Shack for over 6 years now and would have to say it is one of the most interesting jobs I have every had. The owner Dawn is amazing. (a little crazy lol but who isn't) and the individuals that work with me are amazing as well. I am the global logistics manager and everything in between!!! But i definitely love my job. I have developed a love for this and for the community that comes along with it.

Yes I do vape!!! I don't really have anything fancy as the trend isn't really what I do...My set up is a Bamboo Mod with a Doge Atty!!! (yes i am a girl and yes I do drip :)

Why not tell me a little about you?

Sincerely,
Amber

DIY Flavor Shack Inc.

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
You need a link to your website in your signature. :) In addition, do you sell fire % ice flavoring for DIY?

Hmmmm. Not the flavoring but you can buy the cinnamon flavor for the fire and the menthol for the ice!!! It is simple. We have a red hots flavoring It's not on the site but if you were to order just ask for it in replacement of a different flavor. You would use 15% of this flavor and then add your vg and pg. (i recommend a 50/50 because Cinnamon and Menthol like this much better :) You can add as much menthol as you are comfortable with, heat, and then shake really well. It gives you absolute control over the flavor which is always a good thing. You can also try to experiment with different types of cinnamon or spicy flavorings as well!!!!

P.S.

I put a link in there lol

Thanks
Amber

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't imagine using 10% of any of your flavors in a mix! I have quite a few and I always compare them to Flavourart standards as far as percentages. A little goes a long way, they're very concentrated to me.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i am confused
what brand of flavors are you selling. it doesnt say if those are fa,tfa,ia etc
and no mention of DA/AP/BA in common flavors that have it

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I started my diy quest with DiyFS. I have several flavors I've bought in the past. My problem is that I'm terrible at creating my own recipes. I'm good at finding others recipes to try, But I just don't have the talent to be creative like others. That created an issue in that I had to buy TFA, FA to get flavors for what a recipe would call for. If it were possible, I'd like to see some recipes from DiyFs, and others that do use them regularly. I bet this would create more interest in the possibilities when using DiyFS flavors. I personally like the watermelon, the blueberry, coconut, Mt Dew, and a few others I use regularly. I always like how Dawn will throw in some freebie flavors. I can say that the service is exceptional. Fast shipping and lots of flavors to offer.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Teresa P I've been re trying out some of their flavors in the past couple days. I think I agree that they are along the lines of Fa when mixing, a little goes a long way. I mixed up strawberry a 5% to test(forgot I had it)and boy was it strong. I didn't like it on it's own, so I diluted it, and mixed 1 or 2% of TFA bananas foster and about .5 caps vanilla custard and it's not too bad. Not great lol, but not too bad.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love their stuff, don't know why they're not more popular on here. You tried the birthday cake?

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No birthday cake, it sounds yummy though. I have some pound cake I want to figure out what to do with.

DIY Flavor Shack Inc.

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
I can't imagine using 10% of any of your flavors in a mix! I have quite a few and I always compare them to Flavourart standards as far as percentages. A little goes a long way, they're very concentrated to me.
VG Flavors are very light in taste and can actually be vaped alone. They may not taste as good but its the truth. :) and yes we are our own brand of flavoring. We have offered DIY Flavoring for e-cigs for just over 10 years now. (crazy!!!)

VU Sponsors