Become a Patron!

Do 50A 18650 Batteries Even Exist?

Zovers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I recently acquired an IPV3 and while reading the owners manul I noticed that you can upgrade the mod to 200w capability but it was recommended to use 50A batteries to do so. I have scoured the internet in search of these fabled 50A continuous draw batteries but so far have been unable to find any. Do these batteries even exist and if so where can I get them?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In lipo packs only

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
LifePo4 Batteries can discharge up to almost 100+ amps and are the closest thing to the new marketing hype you see lately but they are in the 3.2V-3.3V range each and its just not enough, plus their Mah ratings are very low. Lipo packs are the next highest discharge batteries but often are large and blocky and expensive (40C+). Samsung and LG He2/4 18650 batteries are the next best in Rating (Out of 10 Sony VCT series usually 2-3 are Authentic, buy from Reputable vendors only)

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No, Only LiPO Packs have that ability like Raymo2u said.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
No, Only LiPO Packs have that ability like Raymo2u said.
Lipo and LifePo4 can ;) But for Vaping use at normal voltages only Lipo can....could go 6V but then you wouldnt even need the amps that high

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd love to see a 50A, but as everyone else has said, no, not with typical 3.6-3.7V (nom) 18650s we have today.

What Pioneer for You are really saying is: "We've made a 200W mod and no cell exists that can power the full output at its continuous rating. Because of that we recommend burying ones head in the sand and buying a cell that just has 50A written on it even though it's not".

Seriously though, you should be fine with VTC4 in that mod. Technically you're over 30A but not by that much. At a push, Samsung have tested the 25R for pulses of 45A for 5 seconds and 30A for 6 seconds. First choice should be the higher continuous rating in most all cases.

VU Sponsors