Become a Patron!

DNA or Yihi chip?

Looking to purchase a new mod. Wanting a DNA or Yihi chip. Any one prefer one over the other? Heard DNA by evolve has had issues with dieing off and not working anymore. Has anyone ever dealt with thus issue? Also would love to get a custom made box mod. Any good trusting companies out there that someone can vouch for? Price point isn't a issue so all advice is welcome

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
In my opinion it's all in what you want
If you prefer wattage/power mode go with yihi
If you prefer using TC, go with dna.

The top tier SX/yihi boards have a power boost function for a harder or lighter initial hit in power mode, which evolv doesn't offer. Evolv had much better performance in TC.

Another consideration is the stateside support offered by evolv and the 1yr warranty not offered by yihi

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the DNA chip and have had several. I have only had one problem and Evolv fixed it at no charge. I have owned one YiHi equipped mod and it is sitting broken in my drawer. It is an IPV5 and don't know where to get it fixed. It was a good mod till it broke. I currently own 5 DNA mods and love them all.

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I've got three DNA mods, a 75, a 200, and a 250, and haven't any problems out of them. Given the problems that have been reported lately about evolv chips I'm sure it's partially due to luck, but I've got no complaints. The performance is top notch, and if you do have problems you have a full warranty and great customer service.

I've never used a high end Yihi chip, but I've got a G Class on the way so we'll see how it compares.

The FSK board deserves a mention. It's a great performer all around, but the thing I love about it is how smooth the TC is with contact coils. I can get similar results with the DNA but it's takes a fair amount of tweaking.

Edit: Also, as far as custom mods go, I love the Boss 3000. It's definitely overpriced but that doesn't mean it's a shitty mod by any means. I don't regret getting mine.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like the DNA mods for TC they are great but the modes and power curve settings on the newer YIHI Chips are just amazing my go to mod is the new Sx Mini G class the form factor the 30mm perfect .510 connector but mostly the modes are just awesome one thing that is never mentioned on the Sx Mini G class its one hand to do any setting with the joystick is may sound strange it did to me until I used it now I am a convert neither is better

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I'm the opposite!!
I like the DNA chip for power mode...

overall THE DNA mods are the best for the , not to mentioned the resale value of the DNA mods and like what bird said USA CS is top notch!!
You can choose
From DNA 40 to DNA 250 mods...

fsk mods are ugly (SORRY) but they do have SOFTWARE SUPPORT AND GREAT CS IN THE ..and the chip will fire whatever you throw at it..

Yihi mods are (OVERPRICED) (GIRLY) IMO and CHINA CS! GOODLUCK WITH THAT SHIT!
MERICA FIRST!

Since money is not an issue BUY EM ALL... GLWYB

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have 1 FSK, 3 YiHi and 3 DNA. If you want simplicity then I would recommend YiHi. For me, after adjusting/setting up the DNA 200s, they are the best. You just have a lot of up front programming to the board to get it set up to basically do it all. Oh... I also love the Hohm Wrecker G2 performance but I'm not in love with the box. I am considering doing a custom mod and I would choose the DNA 250 board... at this time.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have 2 DNA200 mods and 1 DNA75 mod with another on the way. 3 of my mods are from Lost Vape and the quality is just awesome. I cannot speak for the yihi chips but my DNA mods have been rock solid reliable.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got several DNA200 mods and they all work just fine (hope I didn't jinx it :D ).
Can't really compare DNA to Yihi since the last Yihi owned was in an old IPV2S.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you're a tinkerer and like to control every little aspect of your vape. If you're proficient with a pc. If you like many different form factors then get a DNA.

If you you like adjusting things on your mod or via an app? Right now the app is only available for iPhones. Then get the new Yihi board.

If you want to adjust everything on your mod. If you want to tc anything (including Kanthal)or fire anything then get an FSK board.

In the end we can all speculate which board is the best. The bottom line is the best board is the one that keeps you off cigarettes and works for your personal wants and needs. I say try everything and don't pigeonhole yourself to a specific board. New stuff is always coming out. TBH though if you're not into TC it's kind of a waste to get any one of these boards. Don't get me wrong you will get a very accurate power mode vape but all these boards really shine in TC mode in their own way.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have 4 DNA 200 mods and an SXmini Mclass and vaping in TC SS316L I can't tell a difference between them.
While the P4U YIHI chip mods work well I think that P4U programing and P4U in general is a bit suspect.

VU Sponsors