DNA 40

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just watching Phil's video talking about the new DNA 40. Love the idea of coil temp control. This sounds like it will be a pretty awesome board.

What do you guys think?!?

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anything by Evolve is worth checking out .

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
VaporJoe has a big sticky about this board.

I'll have to look for that. See if there is any info that wasn't talked about in the video. Thanks!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
COULD NOT RESIST.....you may have your thread back now.

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My understanding is that you shouldn't notice any difference using it with temp control or without. Unless that is you run low on juice or airflow. Your coil should never get very hot as long as its saturated with juice. The only time temp control will kick in is when there isn't enough juice on the coil to prevent it from getting hotter. This would mean that the power would then drop off to prevent burning. If my wick is unable to keep up with my power then I need to reduce power anyway. Thus for me it would eliminate the bad taste I get if I push my dripper to far before redripping. Since I am now using the big dripper I know to give it a couple of pumps every 3 draws. I think this is a great advance in vaping tech but will have minimal effect for me personally. I will probably buy a board to play with but not till they have a chance to find any bugs and rectify. The most interesting thing about this board is it kind of nullifies the difference in coil resistance.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If Dr. F's report comes in and shows that burning juices over 600 degrees is harmful, Evolv's new board will become the only "type" allowed, then using N200 wire and temp controlled boards will become a mandatory....leaving the mech mods banned. Safer, yes. However, they will effectively be narrowing our choices, again. I see this as another step in controlling the market and leading us back to the BT companies pastures. They will most likely, eventually, make a board that will not work with Kanthal at all. The US controls Nickel mining here. So we will be buying nickel from them to make the wire, we will lose the flavors in our juices because they burn to hot or are dangerous, leaving BT to sell their tobacco to juice manufacturers for flavoring (or to produce the liquids themselves), which leads all juices to be a tobacco product. Finally, people will only be able to purchase regulated devices with this newly patented board, use pre made coils and tanks (if we are lucky they don't force the sale of non refillable tanks or clearomizers), be forced to pay a tobacco tax and lose the flavors that have helped us so much. Killing off the competition and small business owners who produce e liquids and product. The US gets the sales and the taxes, the Big Tobacco gets their customers back, sales and run of the market.....Check and Mate.

This is just my opinion on the matter. I like the idea of the new board, I like the idea of the safety, I feel as if they have no idea what secret plans are behind their new venture however. I believe they are being led down a very dark path, as we all are............... Wolf in Sheeps Clothing.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Just watching Phil's video talking about the new DNA 40. Love the idea of coil temp control. This sounds like it will be a pretty awesome board.

What do you guys think?!?
In my serious honest opinion this coil temp was made for other then e-juice vaping because of the temperature control. DABs! Which might get frowned upon in this vaping community from most. Just giving some more ammunition to our government for banning vaping. Capturetge4g.JPG Capturehrhb3g3t4t.JPG

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
In my serious honest opinion this coil temp was made for other then e-juice vaping because of the temperature control. DABs! Which might get frowned upon in this vaping community from most. Just giving some more ammunition to our government for banning vaping. View attachment 7053 View attachment 7054
The way I understand it it is more about temperature limitation. That glowing metal for the "dabs" is almost certainly higher than the temperature limits of the DNA40. If anything it would make these devices less applicable for these alternative uses.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
The way I understand it it is more about temperature limitation. That glowing metal for the "dabs" is almost certainly higher than the temperature limits of the DNA40. If anything it would make these devices less applicable for these alternative uses.
Not sure about that since I am not a user, but the creator inventor of this might be a different story.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
In my serious honest opinion this coil temp was made for other then e-juice vaping because of the temperature control. DABs! Which might get frowned upon in this vaping community from most. Just giving some more ammunition to our government for banning vaping. View attachment 7053 View attachment 7054

I totally agree Mr. Smokie.

Keep vaping for vapers.

Keep the other uses separate and elsewhere on a forum that is not this one.

If I should ever plan to use something different than E-Liquids, I will use it in the traditional way and not with an APV.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
if we worried about what government thought we would be vaping cigalikes. free market is always stronger than scare tactics, tired of hearing "giving more ammo" as if they operate based on facts and they have any intention of playing fair. they have all the ammo they need, politics. they use emotion and they can use whatever the hell they want to stir up emotion in uneducated people

as far as temp controlling for dabs go, you dont need to control temp for dabs nor do people even use it (as you can see in the pictures that have shared with us). people use dry herb vaporizers that control temp but that temperature is using convection style ceramic heating which is completely different than monitoring a coil temp. seems to me like its the vapers trying to mix the two up, not some misinformed government. lets shoot ourselves in the foot shall we?

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not sure about that since I am not a user, but the creator inventor of this might be a different story.
I don't think I understand. The temperature control on the DNA40 regulates between 200-600 degrees. Per google search metal glows red starting at about 930 degrees and in that picture probably more like 1450. I'm not a user of dabs either but seems pretty ridiculous to assume that this DNA board was designed for it.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I don't think I understand. The temperature control on the DNA40 regulates between 200-600 degrees. Per google search metal glows red starting at about 930 degrees and in that picture probably more like 1450. I'm not a user of dabs either but seems pretty ridiculous to assume that this DNA board was designed for it.
Maybe not designed exclusively just for dabs but the dry herb market is a definite. If you knew about the designer then maybe you would understand a little better, $$$ from both markets.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Maybe not designed exclusively just for dabs but the dry herb market is a definite. If you knew about the designer then maybe you would understand a little better, $$$ from both markets.
Ah, I don't know anything about dry herb vaporizing but what is the relation the Evolve? Is it just the possibility of making money off of two markets? The CEO didn't mention anything about it in the interview with Phil Busardo.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ah, I don't know anything about dry herb vaporizing but what is the relation the Evolve? Is it just the possibility of making money off of two markets? The CEO didn't mention anything about it in the interview with Phil Busardo.
evolv likes to do things right, so if they were to make a ceramic convection style dry herb vape it would have to include preheat and oven style heating on the chip, which this does not. this is a push button on off system specifically for vaping eliquid. i dont see why they would waste their time trying to half ass a feature for an entirely different market when they could produce something like this rather quickly on its own merit. this is just vape drama

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
evolv likes to do things right, so if they were to make a ceramic convection style dry herb vape it would have to include preheat and oven style heating on the chip, which this does not. this is a push button on off system specifically for vaping eliquid. i dont see why they would waste their time trying to half ass a feature for an entirely different market when they could produce something like this rather quickly on its own merit. this is just vape drama
What a herb user wrote I copied that only confirms what I have been saying: I use Medicinal Cannabis and have been since I was 10 years young, this Temp Control isn't new at all and is strictly for controlling the Temp for BHO or other forms of Cannabis.

Vapers don't need a Temp Control System period.

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I still do not understand why so many feel that making something more complicated, makes it somehow better.

Last edited:

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The flask v2 mod has the new chip in it. I believe that's what Phil said in the vid.
But they also when PG OR VG Reaches 536 degrees that's when bad Chemical supposedly come out.

Idk. When someone dies a test the vap Community doesn't like it. When someone else's does a test the NON vap people don't like it. So no one will ever agree on the test. Just my 2c.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Celtic Fog's sound paranoid logic is appealing to the small-l libertarian in me. Even this little moment of geek evokes the biggest and oldest of political conflicts: Freedom To vs. Freedom From.

What could possibly be bad about vapedom at long last winning its FREEDOM FROM THE DRY HIT ?

Nothing, absolutely nothing, says the technocrat. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree that this is a good idea. No dry hits is a healthier vape. Who fucking cares if the dry herb users use it. If it works for us that's all that should matter. Lot's of things were designed for one thing and get misused to do another. Like the batteries in our mods.

indian ocean steamcloud

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just watched the pbusardo vid about this today and I gathered that the idea of the temp. control was to prevent the ejuice from reaching too high a temperature where it is likely to break down into harmful chemicals that we/I don't want to be inhaling and to prevent the wicking medium from burning/charring...sounds good to me.
If Dr F does find that juice turns nasty at "X" degrees I certainly will be adjusting my vape to be below that temperature. If that means buying a DNA controlled device then so be it.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will agree....I love the idea of being safer, love DNA products.....Just hope this is not monetarily driven, or being employed as a tactic to narrow our choices. Streep politics taught me a lot about deception and interpretation. I love the fact that they make their boards available to modders, small and large, that part is very comforting. Power = Plumage, not temp, so that keeps us getting good clouds, I like that. Lets hope for the best.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are dry hits still a major issue ? Only time i experienced them is when i first started vaping and didn't know what i was doing.

bwent

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love my drippers, normally a .2 to .3 ohm coil, and a good movie makes me smile. I can see the temp protection being great for the times I forget to refill.

One of the greatest things to happen with not smoking anymore is my taste and smell coming back. Smoking cotton is the nasty, and can still taste it after several refills.

I will be buying this board in the hope that it solves this problem.

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anyone seen these boards available to anyone other than the larger distribution modders?

Nevermind, Evolv has updated their web page since I last looked to include the DNA 40.

Official release date for the DNA 40 is Tuesday October 14th

Last edited:

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What a herb user wrote I copied that only confirms what I have been saying: I use Medicinal Cannabis and have been since I was 10 years young, this Temp Control isn't new at all and is strictly for controlling the Temp for BHO or other forms of Cannabis.

Vapers don't need a Temp Control System period.
It doesn't confirm anything. It does support the idea that temperature control could make the DNA40 more applicable for dry herb vaporizing in one way. His assertion that "Vapers don't need a Temp Control System period." Is a pretty bold claim that Evolv is deceiving us about the advantages they are advertising. Of course "need" is a convenient qualifier but he follows up with "period" so take it how you will. Why is temperature control "strictly for controlling the Temp for BHO or other forms of Cannabis"? Will it not accomplish what Evolv is claiming for e-juice vaporizers?
I will agree....I love the idea of being safer, love DNA products.....Just hope this is not monetarily driven, or being employed as a tactic to narrow our choices. Streep politics taught me a lot about deception and interpretation. I love the fact that they make their boards available to modders, small and large, that part is very comforting. Power = Plumage, not temp, so that keeps us getting good clouds, I like that. Lets hope for the best.
Just wondering what problem you have with a product being "monetarily driven"?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
It doesn't confirm anything. It does support the idea that temperature control could make the DNA40 more applicable for dry herb vaporizing in one way. His assertion that "Vapers don't need a Temp Control System period." Is a pretty bold claim that Evolv is deceiving us about the advantages they are advertising. Of course "need" is a convenient qualifier but he follows up with "period" so take it how you will. Why is temperature control "strictly for controlling the Temp for BHO or other forms of Cannabis"? Will it not accomplish what Evolv is claiming for e-juice vaporizers?

Just wondering what problem you have with a product being "monetarily driven"?
I have no problem with any vaping device that is designed for strictly vaping e-juice.

VU Sponsors