Become a Patron!

DNA 200 in a GOD MOD 180?

Seven5555

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a GOD MOD that is on its last leg, as far as the chip goes, for the most part, the rest of it is great condition. I was thinking that maybe it would hold a DNA200. Does anyone know if this is a feasible idea? .....enough to consider implementing?

All ideas comments suggestions good or bad are welcome. If you are curious enough and clicked to see what is in this thread, then please add your thought!!!

Thank you

Tcar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Looking at the God 180, it looks like it's it's entirely possible if you replace the buttons in the case with discreet switches and use them on the remote points on the Evolv board. You'd also have to get creative with the screen cutout, charging port, (assuming you are using a lipo, not sure if it would work with the stock cut outs with 18650's) and placing the board. . . I'm thinking you'd have to get creative with a board/screen mount.

Dimensions of the board are on the datasheet.

http://www.evolvapor.com/datasheet/dna200.pdf

While you are in there you could replace that boo-boo ego/510 on it with something better. . FDV/Varitube etc.

Seven5555

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am thinking about using the existing rack for the batteries. I had almost forgotten I made this thread.
I'd like to have a DNA 200 chip but I cannot afford one at this time.
So, do you think that this is more trouble than its worth or something that could be done easy enough that would recycle the God mod to save me money?

Tcar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not sure. To be honest, I think buying a DNA 200 mod might be about the same price in the end, but... I can see the attraction of putting that board in a God Mod... I'd float the idea at some modding groups etc and see what they think.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Seven5555

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm sorry that I may sound lazy but I'm curious to where you think it (in a mod)can be purchased for about the same price?

Which modding forum?

Thank you

Tcar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just figuring $80 for the board, a few bucks in switches, maybe a 10-20 lipo pack... Shipping on stuff... And time. Time costs too.. I think I've seen some of the authentic DNA 200's like HCigar's going pretty cheap. $160 ish...

Check with some of the FB modding groups, they are pretty active...

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got news for you guys. I've been in contact with SMY and they bought DNA 200 chips from the US. It's going to be in their next generation of mods but I don't have any further info as to when they will be ready. I'm hoping to get them when they come out. But one distributor from the US I don't know who is trying to become the sole distributor of them. Guess they don't want us giving you guys great pricing like we do ! Control freaks and opportunists is what they are !

Seven5555

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just figuring $80 for the board, a few bucks in switches, maybe a 10-20 lipo pack... Shipping on stuff... And time. Time costs too.. I think I've seen some of the authentic DNA 200's like HCigar's going pretty cheap. $160 ish...

Check with some of the FB modding groups, they are pretty active...

I am thinking about using the exsisting battry rack with 3 18650's so no lipo pack so I should just need a couple of buttons.

Seven5555

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got news for you guys. I've been in contact with SMY and they bought DNA 200 chips from the US. It's going to be in their next generation of mods but I don't have any further info as to when they will be ready. I'm hoping to get them when they come out. But one distributor from the US I don't know who is trying to become the sole distributor of them. Guess they don't want us giving you guys great pricing like we do ! Control freaks and opportunists is what they are !

Are you saying that they a making a kit to add a DNA200 to currently owned God Mods?

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No they ar
Are you saying that they a making a kit to add a DNA200 to currently owned God Mods?
No they are going to make their own mod with the DNA 200 chip in it. Lot's of places doing that. The DNA chip and the YIHI have always been the tops in their lines.

Seven5555

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No they ar

No they are going to make their own mod with the DNA 200 chip in it. Lot's of places doing that. The DNA chip and the YIHI have always been the tops in their lines.

I know about the chips and companies are coming out with their own mods using the DNA 200 chip along with others.

I am looking to put a DNA 200 chip in a modified GOD mod. What do you think about that?

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sure it could be done. The God Mod has always been good to me. Has worked flawlessly for a long time. It's big though. I guess you could justify it by the triple batteries or a lipo pack in it. I'd love to see pics of it if you do it !

Podunk Steam

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just a guess but with the USB on the board and the need for an extended display cable it could be a large bite to chew trying to fit the DNA 200 in the God Mod.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know lol. We have them. I made that post before they came out

VU Sponsors