Become a Patron!

DIY waterproof labels?

JonLookAlive

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello current vendors! I have recently discovered the wonders of the difference in my eliquid taste when using multiple vendors for the better of each flavor respective to individual taste. With that, I've had many friends requesting to buy my juice, which I am legally capable of as I attempted to open a vape shop fairly recently that I never pulled the trigger on - but the business license remains intact.

I will be selling my juices to friends in the blue glass 15 and 30 ml bottles as I currently have a very cheap bottle vendor. So, to avoid the bland "brother" brand labels, I'd like the bottles to look semi professional, as such I took some time to design a label that I find fitting. What do you current vendors use to label your bottles for waterproofing? I realize most of you are probably having them made off site as laminated waterproof stickers you just peel and stick but I want to be able to customize mine and make them from home.

Anybody use any cheap DIY waterproof labels? I've been considering just printing on my inkjet, sealing the printout between two pieces of gorilla clear repair tape and the top piece being large enough to surround the bottle, though I can't speak to exactly how "professional" one can make gorilla tape look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haggie

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
onlinelabels.com my friend.

Incredivapes.com

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We also bought our labels from onlinelabels.com and the waterproof inkjet labels were a waste of money. The ink would never dry. They do look great when you print them, but smear on touch. Even after more than two weeks of a label being printed, it still smeared on touch. We changed to the cheapest label they have and they appear to work great. If people are that fussy about the label, how critical will they be of the juice? Since we offer our juice at such low prices, we would rather concentrate on providing a great flavor and while we wanted to provide an incredible label, we'll just stick to a cheap label and continue to concentrate on what is on the inside, not the outside.

Haggie

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i initially had the same issue. using waterproof glossy white labels. the best material to use is glossy vinyl but i have never looked for it from online labels. that material wont rip. as far as the ink smear. what fixed that issue for me was changing printer options to high quality and selecting photo glossy paper under paper type. at this point iv been using a professional out of san diego for my retail line he only charges $60 for 500. and price breaks with more. and doing home printed labels for my public wholesale line. I agree with the labels not being a significant issue with budget juice but nice labels can make you appear more professional and trustworthy. i find a lot of people are turned off by cheap juice even though the ingredients are all identical and the supplier is simply not ripping the customer off with atrociously high profit margins. good luck with everything hope i helped some.

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Weather-resistant labels for LASER printers work infinitely better than those for ink-jet printers. A bonus is that they're cheaper and makes investing in a laser printer worthwhile.

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i initially had the same issue. using waterproof glossy white labels. the best material to use is glossy vinyl but i have never looked for it from online labels. that material wont rip. as far as the ink smear. what fixed that issue for me was changing printer options to high quality and selecting photo glossy paper under paper type. at this point iv been using a professional out of san diego for my retail line he only charges $60 for 500. and price breaks with more. and doing home printed labels for my public wholesale line. I agree with the labels not being a significant issue with budget juice but nice labels can make you appear more professional and trustworthy. i find a lot of people are turned off by cheap juice even though the ingredients are all identical and the supplier is simply not ripping the customer off with atrociously high profit margins. good luck with everything hope i helped some.

sent you a pm with a few questions

VU Sponsors