Become a Patron!

DIY Tobacco steeping

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Howdy y’all,

Polishing off the last of my Don Cristo XO. Steeped in cigars, it’s an exceptionally smooth tobacco vape. Has anyone had good results steeping DIY juice with tobacco leaves? I’m tempted to try with Dunhill Nightcap and a few other pipe tobaccos that I used to smoke. Any good recipes out there?

I was thinking of starting out with a starter kit from that DIY barn company, unless there’s a better option in terms of cost and quality. Any tips?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi @Izanagi7 ...thanks to @NGAHaze for linking to my thread. Yes I am trying my hand at cold-steeping several types of tobaccos with just good old PG in mason jars. I currently have 12 jars steeping -- 3 with whole leaf (cut up) virginia, 1 with cut up whole leaf burley, 3 with cigar of various types and 5 with pipe tobacco. I am impatiently waiting. The cigars im going to give 3 months or more, the whole leaf i am giving 6 weeks and the pipe tobacco ill prob give 6-8 weeks. The pipe tobaccos got darker the quickest of them all; the cigar ones are getting darker the slowest of them all.

waiting is the haaarrdddessst....paaarrrt (tom petty)

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
derr, i just noticed you'ved been on my thread already...derr. useless post above, ignore it. haha

VU Sponsors