Become a Patron!
So I've read all I could read about using Light Corn Syrup as a sweetener and the risks to the atty. But i decided to go ahead and tinker with it regardless.

I started with my pre diluted VG which I make.

15ml distilled water per 150ml of VG. I found this to be perefect for my mixes.

The Sweetener Mix:
5ml PDVG
5ml Light Corn Syrup w/Vanilla
5ml Distilled Water

Stir or shake to mix. Its blends quickly.
I then add 2.5ml to 5ml to a 30ml mix.

I have had no issues with my atty at all using this mix. The main atty I use is a Sense Herakles.

I do get a bit of harshness that adds to the throat hit but its welcome since I use 100% VG in my mixes. Not a fan of PG.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think you mean "sweetener"... I don't need anything to help me sweat. :D

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the :vu: and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Nice to see a DIY'er who experiments. So how has the Sweetening with corn syrup working out? I had a store bought e-Liquid that I really liked but it was an 80/20 and killed 2 coils with only 30 ML. I make my own 80/20 VG/PG and have not had the problem so I am guessing it had a sweetener in it.

Good Luck and keep us updated as you polish of your experimental batch!

Welcome to the :vu: and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Nice to see a DIY'er who experiments. So how has the Sweetening with corn syrup working out? I had a store bought e-Liquid that I really liked but it was an 80/20 and killed 2 coils with only 30 ML. I make my own 80/20 VG/PG and have not had the problem so I am guessing it had a sweetener in it.

Good Luck and keep us updated as you polish of your experimental batch!

I have vaped close to 60ml thru my Herakles including my new flavor which is a coffee concentrate I make with the same sweetener and still have had no issues. The only think I'm working to change is the thickness. Its kind of watery. I'll perfect it tho. The only reason I use water is to disolve the corn syrup completely. It doesn't seem to do this in the VG alone.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the update I prefer 80/20 VG/PG Ratio but have experimented for 75/25. My calculator will adjust for the water if you enter the amount.

VU Sponsors