wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I know you can only take so much on carry on but how about checked bags? going on a trip and wanting to take about 1000mls with me. only thing Im a little worried about is it would all be un labeled

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
No limit with liquids in checked bags.
I don't think labels would matter, you don't need to have them in carry on.
thats what I thought just making sure.thanks :)

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Of course if one of those bomb sniffing dogs catches wind of GOC, all bets are off!

Why you may ask, because it's a :bomb: of delicious goodness which they will likely tear your luggage apart to get at it!

I can almost see wllmc now, being led in handcuffs to the body cavity search area, all while trying to explain, 'it was the GOC that caused it, I'm telling ya'!'. :sneaka:

:giggle:

Last edited:

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
...I can almost see wllmc now, being lead in handcuffs to the body cavity search area......
cavitysearch-smiley.gif

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or you could just mail your vape gear to your destination and not have to worry about what you have to carry with you or what has to be checked.
For my next flight I plan to take 1 full build with me (for layovers) and mail everything else ahead of time.
That way when I get there, all my schtuff is already waiting for me.

But it all depends on who checks your stuff at the airport and the mood they are in.
I had two layovers both directions and they didn't check shit.
In my carry on I had 8 mods, 9 tanks, 24 batteries (all 18650s in cases) and 10 bottles of 30ml juice.
They had 4 chances to find it, they either missed it or didn't care about it 4 times.
However my flight was simply from Indiana to South Dakota round trip.

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Of course if one of those bomb sniffing dogs catches wind of GOC, all bets are off!

Why you may ask, because it's a :bomb: of delicious goodness which they will likely tear your luggage apart to get at it!

I can almost see wllmc now, being led in handcuffs to the body cavity search area, all while trying to explain, 'it was the GOC that caused it, I'm telling ya'!'. :sneaka:

:giggle:
:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can almost see wllmc now, being led in handcuffs to the body cavity search area, ...

That's likely to occur whether he brings along any juice...or not. :eek:

Does BCF deliver to airport security holding areas? :anyone:

Ron
:D:D
---
"If God wanted us to fly, He would have given us tickets."- Mel Brooks

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know you can only take so much on carry on but how about checked bags? going on a trip and wanting to take about 1000mls with me. only thing Im a little worried about is it would all be un labeled

Slightly off-topic, but... I'm old enough to remember a time when people didn't fret about getting into trouble over silly things like labels on bottles when going to the airport - and more importantly, wouldn't have accepted that state of affair. Now people quietly accept stupid arbitrary rules imposed on them. If that's not a sign that the US has gone Orwellian, I don't know what is.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I regularly fly with 250 ml of juice, spare batteries, and 5 loaded squonkers in my carryon. No problems with TSA even in small town airports.

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought batteries and mods were only allowed in carry-on bags. As for juice, I've never had any issues but the safe bet is to follow the 3-1-1 rule: 3.4 ounce containers, 1 quart size clear plastic bag containing as many 3.4 ounce containers as possible and 1 bag per person.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lmao hahaha no even better mama and I are going to hang out with the bull city crew for a few days gonna spike everyone's packages with bread crust lol

Well...I guess my speculation of your doing a stopover in France (to do more Brie Cheese tasting research) won't happen. :sad:

If good BBQ was part of your decision making, you certainly made the correct choice.;)

Ron
---
“If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does.” ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Just to be sure, I think you meant US domestic flights.
Passing through customs, or flying to Singapore, might be different.
Don't think I'd put any labels with the words "Game Over" on them...;)
ya no way customs are aware of the Game Over name lol.... its vanilla massage oil ha ;)

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For checked bags, they might search because of the liquids showing up in the x-ray, they might not. I've had them search my checked bags (got home to find one of those notices inside the bag saying it had been searched) and the only thing that might have made them curious when they x-rayed was a bottle of mouthwash. Which I still found odd, because even if it was something nefarious, you'd need wires and such attached. Of course, for international travel they're going to be extra curious since they're also looking for drugs and such.

For carry on, I usually have handwritten labels on my stuff and the liquids inside the obligatory quart bag. I put my Lithium batteries inside their plastic travel cases and put those in another bag (to keep them together). Never a problem, but have had them swab my vape gear and have had them want to inspect my carry-on bags closer because of things like laptop cooling fan and battery charger.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Well we shall see they took my bag at least lol headed out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well we shall see they took my bag at least...

From information I've found on the internet, you shouldn't expect to be tasered until you pick up your luggage.

Not to worry! I will be honored to start a thread here asking for $$ donations to help fund your legal defense or bail (if granted) :devil:

Ron
---
"If it doesn't make sense, you should find for the defense."- Johnnie Cochran

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years

For extended vacations/ visits, if destination country has PG and VG (at local drug stores), I now bring pre-mixed concentrates in 30ml bottles ... standardized for 1:5, 1:4 or 1:3 mixes ... no measuring equipment (or syringes) required ... I just use the same bottle 3x, 4x or 5x depending on target e-juice.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Well was successful in bringing my buddy Drew a fifth of Game Over Custard :) and a handful of 4oz bottles of some other secret recipes lol. Put in an order today and write in the comments to tell Mama J hi she gonna be working her booty off today :p

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well was successful in bringing my buddy Drew a fifth of Game Over Custard :)

I'm sure Drew will enjoy it!

If you ever visit me, a nice bushel of...
Hatch-chiles.jpg
... would be nice and Very welcome. :rolleyes:

If I ever get done your way, I'll bring ya some Chicago made Polish Sa-sage .

Ron
---
“A master has always something to offer, while we go hungry solely because of our own lack of appreciation.”― Okakura Kakuzō, The Book Of Tea

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I'm sure Drew will enjoy it!

If you ever visit me, a nice bushel of...
View attachment 87502
... would be nice and Very welcome. :rolleyes:

If I ever get done your way, I'll bring ya some Chicago made Polish Sa-sage .

Ron
---
“A master has always something to offer, while we go hungry solely because of our own lack of appreciation.”― Okakura Kakuzō, The Book Of Tea

Hatch green chilies <3 I'll send you some at harvest season

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hatch green chilies <3 I'll send you some at harvest season

Many Thanks for your very kind offer! Unfortunately, I'm thinking any such package will certainly be hijacked en route. :sad:

In addition, at that same time I'm also thinking my Bhut jolokia (AKA ghost pepper) will also be ripening to a nice red...
IMG_20170724_121534438.jpg
.... This event will most likely severely impact my ability to reap the maximum flavor enjoyability of the Hatch peppers. During this ripening period I expect my ability to accurately evaluate any juice mix to also be impaired. :facepalm:

Enjoy the Holiday :drunk:
(Monday, July 24, is National Tequila Day! http://time.com/money/4868254/national-tequila-day-2017-deals-margaritas-shots/ )

Ron
---
"...there's a conflict in every human heart, between the rational and the irrational, between good and evil, and good does not always triumph."-Lieutenant General Corman (Apocalypse Now (1979)

Attachments

• 50291443.jpg
    50291443.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 10

VU Sponsors