Become a Patron!

diy nicotene question

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If I'm going to buy some pg and VG should the nicotine be in the pg or the VG or does it matter? I'm trying to get a 80pg/20vg at 24mg of nicotine. I just was wandering if the nicotine should be in the pg or vg. Thanks

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you know you're going to stick with 80/20, I'd get the nicotine in PG. I use higher VG, so that's what I got mine in.

Sent from the Otter Box around my Galaxy S4.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
PG nicotine is easier to work with IMO.
If you are doing 80/20 ratio, PG is what you want.

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the advice. I don't care to much about blowing big clouds and IMO more pg is sweeter.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I'm going to buy some pg and VG should the nicotine be in the pg or the VG or does it matter? I'm trying to get a 80pg/20vg at 24mg of nicotine. I just was wandering if the nicotine should be in the pg or vg. Thanks

Depends on the concentration of your nic base too: if you start with, say, a 36 mg VG base and you target a 24 mg finished juice, obviously it'll have to be at least 66% VG. If you start with a 100 mg VG base, you can drop to 24% VG in the finished juice.

Another example: I use a 18 mg VG nic base myself - being a VG vaper - but I routinely supply 80% PG / 20% VG juices at 3 mg for a friend who's happy enough with that low nic concentration.

In short, for your nic base, you should aim for the base solvent you use most (VG or PG) in your finished liquid, but the higher the difference between the concentrations in the base and in the finished liquid, the less it matters and the more options you have for different final VG/PG ratios.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use PG nic and mix 80/20, 70/30, and some at 50/50.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pretty much same as Heabob - I use PG nic and mix at 80/20 for me and 50/50 for friends.

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a PG nic base as well, in 100 mg. Mix a 50/50 juice. I agree that its easier to work with in PG base.

Sophia

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
if the nicotine in the pg or vg doesn't matter.
As a friendly advice, 24mg is too high, prolonged smoking harm the body greatly.

VU Sponsors