Become a Patron!

DIY Juice - First Purchase Questions

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I finally received my first order! That has most of my base notes etc in it. Plus the extra PG. I had only went with one 500ml of PG since I'm trying to get away from it. Well, I did order the nic in PG but to me it would have a better shelf life and I could handle a wee bit.
I'll be mixing more in the next few coming up. So any pointers on just anything would help.
I did another run of that chocolate concoction of mine. It's pretty tasty, the first one I did is basically gone. The banana nutbread, still steeping. The caramel cream I can see needs a little help or just time.

On some recipes if it calls for one flavor I don't have, is it totally acceptable to try the ones I do have? Do I keep with the brand suggested % or the recipe %? I tried the brand but I've read to keep the recipe % on a few. That was a little concerning to me. ..:)

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Apparently I need to tweak my flavors more. If any of you could be so kind to see what all I'm definitely needing to order. It seems I'm not doing well on finding decent recipes since I'm missing at least two to four ingredients on each one.

In my earlier posts you'll find the three orders and my flavors that I have. Any tweaking on the must have flavors that you all keep on hand would greatly be appreciated.

I see that raspberry and lemon are already needed plus a reg Peanut Butter of some kind. On the recipe stash button where you find the ones you can make are not really popping out much less are coming in at 5 stars either.

My Chocolate Lava mix is the only true winner that I love plus the spearmint one. My flavor profiles are custards, ice creams, chocolate, pies, cakes, donuts, some mints but not like candies as in jolly ranchers. ...I guess bakery, desserts, choc bars etc would be my tastes. I like sweets, cinnamon, middle of the road and not really anything sour.

Looks as if I just need to place another order to tweak what I have.

I thank everyone here in advance for all your help! :) It's fun mixing and outside of my bought cookie butter juice I don't plan on buying anymore! :)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ok. I scanned back and have completely forgotten what you have. Lol! But here’s my opinion anyway.

Tfa Dx peanut butter backed up by a touch of flv Pb is the way to go. Pb fades and the combo takes longer to fade and works really well. If I’m remembering correctly, there’s also a trick with coconut, but can’t remember what it is.

Raspberry is tricky. It can go floral or harsh or fade. It’s another one that benefits from layering. The one you have is good. My favorite is INW shisha raspberry.

FW or JF yellow cake is an essential for bakeries. FW is the king, IMO, but it has sugar in it and it’s been said to be unsafe for vaping. That said, it’s sooooo good. JF is a very good alternative.

You want FE lemon and FA lemon Sicily.

You’ve got sugar cookie and biscuit. Good. Flv Rich Cinnamon is stupid strong but so damn good. Like one drop in a mix strong. Check out any of VT chocolates and LB lava cake. Also, LB VBIC. FA Vienna cream is useful. FA Apple pie for crusts and actual apple pie up higher. FA marzipan is glorious and very helpful for a subtle cherry note. If you want some fun flavors, check out WF. I’m in love with so many of their flavors right now.......get a butter of some ilk and INW custard for a non super vanilla type.

I’ll add more later......

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok. I scanned back and have completely forgotten what you have. Lol! But here’s my opinion anyway.

Tfa Dx peanut butter backed up by a touch of flv Pb is the way to go. Pb fades and the combo takes longer to fade and works really well. If I’m remembering correctly, there’s also a trick with coconut, but can’t remember what it is.

Raspberry is tricky. It can go floral or harsh or fade. It’s another one that benefits from layering. The one you have is good. My favorite is INW shisha raspberry.

FW or JF yellow cake is an essential for bakeries. FW is the king, IMO, but it has sugar in it and it’s been said to be unsafe for vaping. That said, it’s sooooo good. JF is a very good alternative.

You want FE lemon and FA lemon Sicily.

You’ve got sugar cookie and biscuit. Good. Flv Rich Cinnamon is stupid strong but so damn good. Like one drop in a mix strong. Check out any of VT chocolates and LB lava cake. Also, LB VBIC. FA Vienna cream is useful. FA Apple pie for crusts and actual apple pie up higher. FA marzipan is glorious and very helpful for a subtle cherry note. If you want some fun flavors, check out WF. I’m in love with so many of their flavors right now.......get a butter of some ilk and INW custard for a non super vanilla type.

I’ll add more later......

A huge thank you for helping me tweak this. I literally did a screen shot on my phone so once everything is compiled I'll put these in the cart (scared to add to a cart so quickly since they purge them from time to time).

Those little flavors just seem to come up here and there and I know it would make or break any recipe. Like the lemons and raspberry ones.

I'm so eager just to jump in but whenever I do, I'm missing vital flavors. I tried one recipe and omitted a few flavors and chunked it out. Lol. I learned quickly.

I'm sure once I have everything tweaked I'll do just fine.

Thank you so much for helping me with this! :)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A huge thank you for helping me tweak this. I literally did a screen shot on my phone so once everything is compiled I'll put these in the cart (scared to add to a cart so quickly since they purge them from time to time).

Those little flavors just seem to come up here and there and I know it would make or break any recipe. Like the lemons and raspberry ones.

I'm so eager just to jump in but whenever I do, I'm missing vital flavors. I tried one recipe and omitted a few flavors and chunked it out. Lol. I learned quickly.

I'm sure once I have everything tweaked I'll do just fine.

Thank you so much for helping me with this! :)
I’ll add more later. Make a wish list at Bull City. They don’t purge those.;)

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I’m thinking of ordering all my initial flavours (hopefully less than 20 x 10ml) as FA from DashVapes. From what the folks at the CBSA told me, importing anything over 20$ from the US will get hit heavily with taxes, federal and provincial. Not to mention the duties on nic are exorbitant, and it’s impossible to import anything over 66mg/g anyway.

I’m thinking:

1 x 500ml Erlenmeyer flask with a screw top
Several syringes and syringe tips ranging from 3-10ml
A 500ml graduated cylinder
Several pipettes
A 500g 0.01g electronic scale
<20 x 10ml FA flavours to get started.
4 x 1L Masonic Illuminati jars for tobacco steeping
1L VG
1L PG
1L 60mg nic
Box of vinyl gloves

I’ve got quite a few leftover 30 and 60ml commercial bottles, so I think for 2-3 months I’ll be ok with those.

Am i forgetting anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know!!! Big BOO and Argh!!! Funny thing is I was on my computer and there was no cart. My phone still had the page up and I immediately started to do screenshots!! I didn't lose the flavors that way. Now they are in my phone to where I'll just load everything all at once!! I swear I was on their a few hours and adding here and there! Bummer but that's Jen's luck as I say!! LOL

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m thinking of ordering all my initial flavours (hopefully less than 20 x 10ml) as FA from DashVapes. From what the folks at the CBSA told me, importing anything over 20$ from the US will get hit heavily with taxes, federal and provincial. Not to mention the duties on nic are exorbitant, and it’s impossible to import anything over 66mg/g anyway.

I’m thinking:

1 x 500ml Erlenmeyer flask with a screw top
Several syringes and syringe tips ranging from 3-10ml
A 500ml graduated cylinder
Several pipettes
A 500g 0.01g electronic scale
<20 x 10ml FA flavours to get started.
4 x 1L Masonic Illuminati jars for tobacco steeping
1L VG
1L PG
1L 60mg nic
Box of vinyl gloves

I’ve got quite a few leftover 30 and 60ml commercial bottles, so I think for 2-3 months I’ll be ok with those.

Am i forgetting anything?

I'm not sure where you live or the costs of shipping but I've seen some pretty decent deals online. I ordered two kits with everything in them to include 15-15ml bottles of flavor per kit from Nic River. Then had other flavors that pushed me to a little over 100+ flavors to start with. If you get a decent sized order up along with enough base liquids and nicotine you might could fair off doing a decent sized order. Not sure how much is in your budget but a huge first order could be beneficial that way. I'm about to add more PG and Nic to this upcoming order. Figured each flavor order I'll add my base liquids to keep shipping down myself.

My refrigerators and freezers are starting to look somewhat of a science experiment going on. To include my cupboards of equipment. Go ahead and laugh but a friend of mine went to find something in the wrong cabinet and came across a few syringes. She didn't even realize they were blunt tips and asked if I was now a diabetic. I was like, "Huh?" Had to explain my new found chemistry thing going on here!! It was funny!! :)

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I'm not sure where you live or the costs of shipping but I've seen some pretty decent deals online. I ordered two kits with everything in them to include 15-15ml bottles of flavor per kit from Nic River. Then had other flavors that pushed me to a little over 100+ flavors to start with. If you get a decent sized order up along with enough base liquids and nicotine you might could fair off doing a decent sized order. Not sure how much is in your budget but a huge first order could be beneficial that way. I'm about to add more PG and Nic to this upcoming order. Figured each flavor order I'll add my base liquids to keep shipping down myself.

My refrigerators and freezers are starting to look somewhat of a science experiment going on. To include my cupboards of equipment. Go ahead and laugh but a friend of mine went to find something in the wrong cabinet and came across a few syringes. She didn't even realize they were blunt tips and asked if I was now a diabetic. I was like, "Huh?" Had to explain my new found chemistry thing going on here!! It was funny!! :)

I live in Montreal. The provincial sales tax is like 15% in Quebec. FML. Found good deals on ecigexpress, but the taxes wipe out any savings anyway. I’ll likely just order from DashVapes.

Budget wise I don’t really know how much I oughta target for a first order... 100$? 200$? Is that too little? I have no clue.

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I live in Montreal. The provincial sales tax is like 15% in Quebec. FML. Found good deals on ecigexpress, but the taxes wipe out any savings anyway. I’ll likely just order from DashVapes.

Budget wise I don’t really know how much I oughta target for a first order... 100$? 200$? Is that too little? I have no clue.

I did three separate orders and came up to a little less than $200. Reasonable, I think. I have 2 bottles of 48mg nic and 150ml 100mg of nic along with plenty of VG (about 2500ml) and a 500ml of PG (I don't use it since I'm doing the max VG thing). Then if you look on my post you should find a pic or maybe on the vape mail thread of the kits with buckets. Each kit came with tons of supplies. Only thing I really needed was bottles and another scale since the one I had only went to 0.10g and I needed a 0.01g. I'd personally do the math on everything. The initial setup could be worth shipping if all ordered at once. The guys there at Nic River were super with me. Maybe a large order with everything included they might could drop a discount or half the shipping to help you, ask them! :)

I just didn't think too well on my orders with flavors. I need to tweak my flavors just a tad here and I'm done for a really long time...You could also factor in how much the initial purchase is vs juice buying if that helps ease your mind. Helped me, a lot! I was buying juice anywhere from $15.99 to $25.00 per 100ml. Now I cannot see buying any juice (well one if I can't duplicate it) in well over a year with this setup. I will order more flavors but the base liquid is good for 25+ bottles of 100ml on VG alone. No telling how far on my nic. Currently I am mixing in 30ml bottles and 10's since I'm so new and just starting. But I want to say a 30ml bottle is roughly $0.80-$1.60 and that's it! Just depends on how the % of flavors add up. With that being said the upfront costs is totally foreseeable at $200. For the $200 that could be 8 of my $25 bottles at the store. Hope this helps with your decision on whether to add in shipping or not since if you do it right the first time it could be worthwhile. :)

VU Sponsors