Become a Patron!

DIY Juice - First Purchase Questions

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK. Newb here to mixing. I'll start with what I know. I understand things like a kit and what is something of a waste, but I feel this is needed here. Second, I understand some juice calls for sometimes several ml (will touch on this in a sec on flavoring). I have a good profile of desserts that I like and maybe a candy or two in my mix.
Here's the issues and I'm needing help here so I can make my first purchase.

I have a baker friend that is selling 100 dram sized flavors for $85. Mixed lot. Unopened bottles, she found a place in bulk for her needs. All Lorann. I understand that I'll use much of these flavors in a bottle or so. I've checked recipes. In my mind I'm thinking this is a good start with a good choice of different flavors and not crazy priced. Is this a good deal in your eyes?

Next, in thinking of a nic, pg and vg. Would 1 gal vg, 1 liter pg be ok for a 80/20 to start out with? Thinking of 100mg nic for my 6 and 12 mg needs. What size would you get? Looked at the 240ml and not sure about how many 60 to 120ml I'd get from that without thinking this fully out. (My mind is warped at this point. Lol)

Just need a few tips. I'm seeing some recipes that I like have many different flavors in them (4-6) and this is why I'm thinking of an assortment right now, then buy more as I need and try these out first. One recipe called for 1mg of this and 1mg of that so in my thinking 3ml +/- per dram could be either one small 30ml or a couple of 30ml to start out (I'll build up from my small batches after I taste test). Opinions needed here since 100 drams is kinda cheap to figure this whole flavor buying situation out. Am I wrong or headed in a right way?

The kit will help me, so I'm going with a basic one for other flavors and supplies to have on hand.

Just needing opinions to see if I'm going in the right direction. Plus answers. TIA :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I started out small when I first bought stuff for DIY, the problem was, I ran out fast! Back then, I didn't have anything to go on, so looked at a site that had a big variety of flavors, but knew nothing of their quality. Some were good, some not so much. Over time, I found other DIYers and what was working out for them. I'm so thankful for their direction, and I stopped wasting money.

What I'm doing now, I buy PG and VG in gallon sizes (from Essential Depot) even though I use way more PG, I buy nic by the liter in 100mg/ml. I split up my nic into 100ml "packer" bottles, amber glass, and I freeze those, leaving one available for mixing (storing that one in the fridge).

I did still get carried away with ordering flavors, but at the time, I was mixing frequently. I know what I like right now, so I order those particular favorites in 4 oz sizes. Anything I think I might be interested in, I buy in a 10ml size, considering that a sample. There are a lot of quality flavorings available these days. I'm not going to "slam" Lorann, but there are better ones today, though they do have some crowd faves, too.

My top flavor vendor is Bull City Flavors. They're GOOD PEOPLE, and they carry a large assortment of brands, really reasonable prices, as well. It's been a while since I've needed nic, but what I have was purchased mostly at Vaperstek, and I got some from ecigexpress (they also carry flavors).

I use a digital scale that measures to .01, which I got off ebay, some prefer using syringes to measure by volume. Bottles... I have no preferred vendor for plastic ones, I typically pick those up wherever is handy at the time. Glass bottles for nic storage, I've always gotten from Packaging Options Direct. Amazon is also a crowd fave for supplies.

Not sure I really answered your questions, but thought I'd share a bit about what definitely works/has worked, for me.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have a baker friend that is selling 100 dram sized flavors for $85. Mixed lot. Unopened bottles, she found a place in bulk for her needs. All Lorann.

To add to it: many Loran flavorings are not suitable for vaping as they contain actual oils; there are much better brands of flavoring for less money

Huck's wisdom is very, very spot on

Also, for years I just reused old bottles from commercial juice I used to buy, lol

I give a big thumbs up also to Bull City for flavoring - they also have a neat recipe section that many new to DIY find very helpful

It's pretty important if you follow recipes (rather than putting together flavor profiles) to use the recommended brand of flavoring - they are not all the same. Capella caramel is not the same taste as FA caramel, though they are both caramel, if that makes sense. It goes for most flavors, there is usually a very distinct difference in the different brands for the same flavor

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started out small when I first bought stuff for DIY, the problem was, I ran out fast! Back then, I didn't have anything to go on, so looked at a site that had a big variety of flavors, but knew nothing of their quality. Some were good, some not so much. Over time, I found other DIYers and what was working out for them. I'm so thankful for their direction, and I stopped wasting money.

What I'm doing now, I buy PG and VG in gallon sizes (from Essential Depot) even though I use way more PG, I buy nic by the liter in 100mg/ml. I split up my nic into 100ml "packer" bottles, amber glass, and I freeze those, leaving one available for mixing (storing that one in the fridge).

I did still get carried away with ordering flavors, but at the time, I was mixing frequently. I know what I like right now, so I order those particular favorites in 4 oz sizes. Anything I think I might be interested in, I buy in a 10ml size, considering that a sample. There are a lot of quality flavorings available these days. I'm not going to "slam" Lorann, but there are better ones today, though they do have some crowd faves, too.

My top flavor vendor is Bull City Flavors. They're GOOD PEOPLE, and they carry a large assortment of brands, really reasonable prices, as well. It's been a while since I've needed nic, but what I have was purchased mostly at Vaperstek, and I got some from ecigexpress (they also carry flavors).

I use a digital scale that measures to .01, which I got off ebay, some prefer using syringes to measure by volume. Bottles... I have no preferred vendor for plastic ones, I typically pick those up wherever is handy at the time. Glass bottles for nic storage, I've always gotten from Packaging Options Direct. Amazon is also a crowd fave for supplies.

Not sure I really answered your questions, but thought I'd share a bit about what definitely works/has worked, for me.

You really did help. I've been looking on those sites. Well a few. The flavors I'd like are not necessarily Lorann, I'll agree. Much more choices out there. The ones my friend has does match my flavor profile and has a little of each. Only ones I don't care for are maybe the few fruits that I don't care for. I was just thinking between all the blends I could go for maybe my regular flavors and do a trial run of each.

I plan on buying in bigger bottles once I see what I'll need more of and hold back on the others.

Thank you about telling me the nix size, I was a little clueless there. Hmm, maybe up the size of the pg even though I'm trying to get away from it. Looking into the PEG 400 as well.
You truly helped me out with vendor links since I didn't have but a few you had mentioned.
Thank you so much for your reply. :)

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To add to it: many Loran flavorings are not suitable for vaping as they contain actual oils; there are much better brands of flavoring for less money

Also, for years I just reused old bottles from commercial juice I used to buy, lol

I give a big thumbs up also to Bull City for flavoring - they also have a neat recipe section that many new to DIY find very helpful

It's pretty important if you follow recipes (rather than putting together flavor profiles) to use the recommended brand of flavoring - they are not all the same. Capella caramel is not the same taste as FA caramel, though they are both caramel, if that makes sense. It goes for most flavors, there is usually a very distinct difference in the different brands for the same flavor

I looked up some recipes. They call for a little of each. No way this month nor the until April can I buy very much. I'm having to plan for a yearly event in March which requires travel of about 1600 miles, driving/riding. Bike expense coming up. Blah!
I guess my wording was wrong about profiles. I have a few recipes saved to what I'm vaping the days. Their not a two ingredient recipe either. A few I can get away with but most I can't.
You are so right about Lorann as I did see in the mix some oils. Those are fine since I can use those in cooking, like the spearmint and almond oils. I did take that in account after reading this forum on what not to use. I seem to be aiming for FA more in the final since they have a huge selection. Well a few others but that one sticks to my mind right now.
I didn't realize one might be a totally different flavor than the other. That's interesting. I knew about say, ripe strawberry to sweet strawberry etc. Then I ran across what makes up the Cookie Butter and was astonished at what all is in it. Wow! That seems to be an ADV along with a Banana Cheesecake or B. Cream.

I knew a few flavors wouldn't be a fit for me, just didn't know if that would be a decent cost vs having to wait even longer to get started. In thinking of the recipes it looks at though I'll need a good 40 to suit my tastes since I like to vape different flavors from day to day with one or two being an ADV vape from time to time. I believe it's food cravings that I can no longer eat but see recipes and pictures of. Lol.
Thank you for always helping me out in this. I almost backed off of DIY juice after seeing all the flavors I needed last night. Intimidating to start with. :)o_O

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

Our @JuicyLucy is one smart lady ;)
Proud of her!! <3

As far as lorann.. this has been in circulation for years...
https://bestvaporflavors.com/best-lorann-oils-vaping/

I really don't recommend a kit, per say.. buy everything separate, and look for Christmas sales popping up!

Good luck in your search, I know it is hard to figure out, but eventually you will find flavors for your tastebuds! :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When people try to steer people new to DIY I always say look at the cost comparison because buying a kit will enable you to get started easily, quickly and cost effectively. Once you get your groove going then you can expand on your flavoring selection.

Last edited:

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's about where I am. I know the kit itself won't give me much future in juice but everything to get a start would. Plus having extra base liquids on the same order gets you ahead, a little.
I'm looking at the kits now and trying to I believe throw myself in my own debate. It seems that way at the least. Spoke to my friend yesterday and she said she would hold on to it before she offers it to another chef friend which is interested. She's asking $100 from them. I was there to hear it.
I've been looking over a few other recipes and trying to nail down my start off needs, not wants. I'm up to about $60 in just a few bottles and need much more.
May just have to wait a little longer and unfortunately may have to just keep buying juice at my rate.
I had just thought this was a decent deal that I could get into much quicker as in this month.
I'm not giving up though, I'm still searching away. :)

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok. I just spent a few dollars and while the bottles are small I should be able to see how I do this. I bought a tad more of nicotine and VG as well. I checked the calculations out and figured I'd be ok on the PG.
Bought a kit from Nic River plus added some more flavors. I took a few recipes and added flavors then a few more that I thought I would like to add. Figured a custard would go with a spice or another fruit. Most are CAP and FA brand. I bought a few of the same but different company due to recipes. Not sure how that week turn out.
Below is a pic that I uploaded to a page for inventory. I messed up and put the wrong mg on the nic though. Have 48mg and 100mg on the way.
Hope this was a decent deal for $133....Eek! :)Screenshot_2018-12-17-09-07-35.jpg

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok. I just spent a few dollars and while the bottles are small I should be able to see how I do this. I bought a tad more of nicotine and VG as well. I checked the calculations out and figured I'd be ok on the PG.
Bought a kit from Nic River plus added some more flavors. I took a few recipes and added flavors then a few more that I thought I would like to add. Figured a custard would go with a spice or another fruit. Most are CAP and FA brand. I bought a few of the same but different company due to recipes. Not sure how that week turn out.
Below is a pic that I uploaded to a page for inventory. I messed up and put the wrong mg on the nic though. Have 48mg and 100mg on the way.
Hope this was a decent deal for $133....Eek! :)View attachment 126815
I see some that are great picks. I see others where I would've gone with a different brand but that's okay. When starting out it's best to try established recipes. Get to know the flavors used in the recipe individually. It's a great practice to gain experience. I wouldn't try get creative right off the bat. I failed miserably. I have a box of flavors that I won't use. I got them because they sounded good or the picture attracted me. So I suggest don't buy random stuff. Trust the pros at first and get some great liquid to vape. I had such a hard time starting out I almost quit. I'm so glad that I didn't.

I always advise people to get the more expensive brands with the NicRiver kit. Usually Inawera, Hangsen and especially Flavorah cost more than the others. With the kit you can pick however many flavors. It doesn't matter which ones it all costs the same. Then when you do add-ons or need other cheaper brands, do them separately. TFA, FW, and so on cost about half or cheaper. Don't waste them picks on your kit list. This isn't aimed at you. I'm posting this incase future DIYers read this, then they'll know.

Camp fire, I never heard of. Is it smokey?

Last edited:

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see some that are great picks. I see others where I would've gone with a different brand but that's okay. When starting out it's best to try established recipes. Get to know the flavors used in the recipe individually. It's a great practice to gain experience. I wouldn't try get creative right off the bat. I failed miserably. I have a box of flavors that I won't use. I got them because they sounded good or the picture attracted me. So I suggest don't buy random stuff. Trust the pros at first and get some great liquid to vape. I had such a hard time starting out I almost quit. I'm so glad that I didn't.

I always advise people to get the more expensive brands with the NicRiver kit. Usually Inawera, Hangsen and especially Flavorah cost more than the others. With the kit you can pick however many flavors. It doesn't matter which ones it all costs the same. Then when you do add-ons or need other cheaper brands, do them separately. TFA, FW, and so on cost about half or cheaper. Don't waste them picks on your kit list. This isn't aimed at you. I'm posting this incase future DIYers read this, then they'll know.

Camp fire, I never heard of. Is it smokey?

Thank you for your feedback. The first picks I pulled from a recipe. Then a few more. One main one was the Loaded Cookie Butter clone and the other was K Custard. I also did a few custard blends since I like those as well as cinnamon desserts. I figured the mint one would be a good standalone or maybe with a cream. That's probably why there's some weird brands in there. I saw that myself, ugh. I had no clue on pricing and who was better than who. I did however see Lorann wasn't a big player on the list. Maybe I'm wrong but not many offerings. Just glad they are smaller bottles since some may not taste right.

I liked this kit since for one it was on sale and the other was 15 flavors to add to the kit vs 5 or 10. I was pushing for more flavors to start off then the hardware. I hope I faired ok there. Some flavors I read were good on their own and I chose a few of them. The peppermint was on sale and that's a loved flavor of mine. I can add that to any blend if ever needed. Plus if I get sick it will help clear me up. LOL Thank you for letting me know about selections and future buyers since yes that is very much the truth on us newbies.

Camp fire is a all in one Smores flavor. I love smores. Thinking that alone or maybe with more marshmallow or another smooth base, maybe. Might even blend with the donut...I'll make a very simple but small batch on those blends. I may use it alone and try another flavor by a touch.

I tried to read on the flavors that I randomly picked. Read over the reviews and tried to make a decent choice. The strawberry I wasn't that pleased with but another poster on there seemed to like it along with the Ripe Strawberry that was sold out. I needed strawberry of some kind in the kit for my taste buds.

I just hope their shipping time is decent. I have no clue and did read where they had issues last month with the fires..

Thank you again for your help and feedback! Awesome...:)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for your feedback. The first picks I pulled from a recipe. Then a few more. One main one was the Loaded Cookie Butter clone and the other was K Custard. I also did a few custard blends since I like those as well as cinnamon desserts. I figured the mint one would be a good standalone or maybe with a cream. That's probably why there's some weird brands in there. I saw that myself, ugh. I had no clue on pricing and who was better than who. I did however see Lorann wasn't a big player on the list. Maybe I'm wrong but not many offerings. Just glad they are smaller bottles since some may not taste right.

I liked this kit since for one it was on sale and the other was 15 flavors to add to the kit vs 5 or 10. I was pushing for more flavors to start off then the hardware. I hope I faired ok there. Some flavors I read were good on their own and I chose a few of them. The peppermint was on sale and that's a loved flavor of mine. I can add that to any blend if ever needed. Plus if I get sick it will help clear me up. LOL Thank you for letting me know about selections and future buyers since yes that is very much the truth on us newbies.

Camp fire is a all in one Smores flavor. I love smores. Thinking that alone or maybe with more marshmallow or another smooth base, maybe. Might even blend with the donut...I'll make a very simple but small batch on those blends. I may use it alone and try another flavor by a touch.

I tried to read on the flavors that I randomly picked. Read over the reviews and tried to make a decent choice. The strawberry I wasn't that pleased with but another poster on there seemed to like it along with the Ripe Strawberry that was sold out. I needed strawberry of some kind in the kit for my taste buds.

I just hope their shipping time is decent. I have no clue and did read where they had issues last month with the fires..

Thank you again for your help and feedback! Awesome...:)
I haven't tried many Lorann flavors. One I have to have is Cream Cheese Icing. It's one of a kind. I also like their Lemonade. The rest that I've tried I didn't care for much. They tasted ok but some were "off" to me. Like Banana Cream, I just can't get into it. Many peolle think it's wonderful. Their Watermelon was supposed to be the best candy Jolly Rancher type. To me it tasted musky.

I have been trying mints recently. I like peppermint also. I'm not really sure if they're universally strong but TFA's is pretty potent. I have been mixing it with pear.

Capella Sweet Strawberry is pretty popular. Like you said, it's usually used in tandem with another in popular recipes. Sometimes a blend of two or three fruits results in a more rounded fruit flavor. I haven't tried the reduced flashpoint version. I was told it tastes the same as the regular so it should be fine.

NicRiver isn't the fastest but their prices, huge flavor selection, and nicotine availability makes ordering convenient for starters. When I started I wanted to get everything in one place to cut shipping costs. I have usually got my orders within a week. They can take extra long durring sales. When you want your flavors right now go to Bullcity.

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Screenshot_2018-12-18-01-40-33.jpg
I haven't tried many Lorann flavors. One I have to have is Cream Cheese Icing. It's one of a kind. I also like their Lemonade. The rest that I've tried I didn't care for much. They tasted ok but some were "off" to me. Like Banana Cream, I just can't get into it. Many peolle think it's wonderful. Their Watermelon was supposed to be the best candy Jolly Rancher type. To me it tasted musky.

I have been trying mints recently. I like peppermint also. I'm not really sure if they're universally strong but TFA's is pretty potent. I have been mixing it with pear.

Capella Sweet Strawberry is pretty popular. Like you said, it's usually used in tandem with another in popular recipes. Sometimes a blend of two or three fruits results in a more rounded fruit flavor. I haven't tried the reduced flashpoint version. I was told it tastes the same as the regular so it should be fine.

NicRiver isn't the fastest but their prices, huge flavor selection, and nicotine availability makes ordering convenient for starters. When I started I wanted to get everything in one place to cut shipping costs. I have usually got my orders within a week. They can take extra long durring sales. When you want your flavors right now go to Bullcity.

Thank you so much for helping me out. Especially mentioning a few flavors that I might want to pick up. I will certainly do so. I ended up buying another a few minutes after I read into your last post. I plundered around and found the sweeteners or accompanied flavors to keep on hand. ..I.e. supersweet/sweet, smooth, plus double chocolate and the one for a nut flavor. Picked those up and a few more top noted flavors. It was cheaper to get the kit and try them vs spend on each bottle, I believe. Plus more base and nic to start. I'm sure I can't have enough syringes and things of that nature as well.
Peppermint. ...Yep, I'm craving mints myself. I have always loved them. Used to vape Candy Cane which was a coil killer on non rebuildables. I ordered a Shammy while on sale, had to pick up another two more. It's a mint choc chip. Yum. Peppermint I'm sure has an across the board pure flavor hit. Nature of that lovely beast.
I'm going to try this strawberry. Many liked it and I love a true flavor, if not I'll use it in baking. It won't go to waste, maybe an icing worst case scenario. Lol.
I'm so glad I asked you all about the other purchase, no Lorann would not have worked out here. Not in the least bit. Thank you all!
I'm going to load the other order and that's what I'm going to start on. The order was edited to take one double choc off and add a blackberry. My error in ordering that they are helping me on. Oops! I left out dang caramel! I'll just go to our restaurant vendor here and pick up the kind I need, easy breazy!
I think since they don't go bad I'll start watching for more commonly used flavors that go in my recipes. I at least have a decent start it looks as if. I uploaded the ejuice maker/blender and have found many decent ones to try. I need to tweak it since on some they say I need the flavor but in reality I have it ordered. Guess that's an err on that site.
Thank you so much for being patient with me as well. Hopefully I won't waste much and I've already done some calculations on what I'll be saving. Whoah!!!! That's alot per year for me! Never broke it down that much. Plus I build! Have enough to last me for quite awhile just on today's purchase.

I can't wait to get this new journey started. Should be as fun as me cooking. Love to cook! The only thing I won't do as far as vaping is making my wire. I'll continue to buy spooled exotic and be happy with that. :)

I'll be ordering from BullCity. Thank you. I just wanted the first good selection to start out and now I've got it. Yay!!!! :)

Ps: Check out that battery percent on the screenshot! New battery and trying to calibrate it to the phone. I've been running on 1% for 4 hours now. One battery minder told me it would die more than 3 hours ago. Totally funny! :)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hope this was a decent deal for $133....Eek! :)View attachment 126815
This looks like a pretty good list! Lots of options to choose from. And @Just Frank pretty much gave you the advice you need. And it sounds like you took the advice of picking recipes you want to try and got those flavors. Excellent! I can’t wait to see what you come up with!:hohoho:

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This looks like a pretty good list! Lots of options to choose from. And @Just Frank pretty much gave you the advice you need. And it sounds like you took the advice of picking recipes you want to try and got those flavors. Excellent! I can’t wait to see what you come up with!:hohoho:

Thank you! I did follow the advice. At first I was thinking the Lorann deal was good, but then I went online like everyone said and wrote down the ingredients in the recipes that were tried and true. Then it all made sense whenever I read up on the flavors and their own profiles while shopping.
This thread saved me $85 that I would have thrown away in essence. Whew.

I went online and found more that I needed and just added on. Now I'm staying away from there until I need base liquids now. Lol. I'm done! :) Vapemail is going to be something serious in the next week or so. Yikes!

Thank you for looking over my choices as well and letting me know. I cannot wait to get started now. I took out my scales and they are waiting now vs collecting dust under my cabinet. Scales go from .05g to 5g, I'm good there as well. I'm going to try to measure from the syringes to start but might find myself working with the weight. I've watched several videos on YouTube. Made space in my outside fridge and freezer also today.

I do have a question. Should I go ahead and split up the nic solution in small bottles or leave it as they are, like the one I'm going to have open? Also, with the flavors, do they go in the fridge or underneath my area in my kitchen cab or bar? I'm unsure about those two things.

I'm going to start by making some "C. Crunch" first. Craving that lately and I'm short on my supply here. Lol. Who knows what I'll come up with. ...:):confetti::vapemail::weereindeer:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I break down my nic into 120ml amber Boston rounds glass with poly cone caps for freezing. Flavors are fine in any cool place.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I never spit up my Nicotine I leave it the original bottles in a cool dark place. I think the less exposure to air the better. Just my opinion

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never spit up my Nicotine I leave it the original bottles in a cool dark place. I think the less exposure to air the better. Just my opinion
Half empty bottle has a lot of air. I buy 125ml and split into four 30s and have enough I make juice that day with the remaining 5ml. That way you only have one at a time with a lot of o2 in the nic. The other 3 are full 30ml bottles. But I know what you mean by transferring all of it

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Half empty bottle has a lot of air. I buy 125ml and split into four 30s and have enough I make juice that day with the remaining 5ml. That way you only have one at a time with a lot of o2 in the nic. The other 3 are full 30ml bottles. But I know what you mean by transferring all of it

Only the surface of the nicotine is affected and not exposing the entire amount to air as it is poured. So a small circle versus the entire 125 MLs. I buy in 500 ML bottles and never had a problem with stored nicotine. Whatever works for you.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only the surface of the nicotine is affected and not exposing the entire amount to air as it is poured. So a small circle versus the entire 125 MLs. I buy in 500 ML bottles and never had a problem with stored nicotine. Whatever works for you.
Well shit I didn't know that. I thought the hole bottle would be affected. Great info. Thanks

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you all for answering this for me. I will have two smaller bottles (I bought two kits from NR with their 48%) and one larger one in my preferred route of 100mg. This will certainly help me out. I feel dumb now for not ordering the glass bottles. I will look online for some free shipping out there and see if I can't buy a few since I have a little time before my order arrives or the majority of it. One order was processed and two are unfulfilled at the moment. I figured on what I had read it was smarter to split them up and not open the others too much. Looks like I will try and use the smaller ones first and save those bottles for future use also.
I read online about coloration...This nicotine should be clear, correct? If it's dark then I need to worry with integrity?? I live in AL and I saw on a Google search about buying during the cold months with nic vs the hotter months (AL stays warm). I guess I started out at the right time of year, I suppose. (?)
I'm just glad I keep my freezer locked outside since I won't have to worry about kids coming over and me freaking out! LOL I'm somehow the neighborhood cool non blood aunt around here (pool, fun pets, bike, music, FOOD!)...:D:pizza::bliss:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I feel dumb now for not ordering the glass bottles.

Don't think of it as dumb, just think of it as an experiment and a trial run. I started with plastic bottles and still have a bunch brand new to use if I make something for someone. At first I was on a constant hunt for bottles now it is bottles, bottles everywhere..............

:ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well shit I didn't know that. I thought the hole bottle would be affected. Great info. Thanks

Just an observation here but just finished off a 500 ML Bottle of 48MG Nicotine in VG and it was as clear as the day I got it and this bottle was purchased a long time ago.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Will be when you disturb the surface getting more out.

Do the Math and calculate how much surface area you make by pouring it and all the smaller bottles surface area. Can't argue with the fact the 500 ML bottle I just finished was not degraded or spoiled.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Thank you all for answering this for me. I will have two smaller bottles (I bought two kits from NR with their 48%) and one larger one in my preferred route of 100mg. This will certainly help me out. I feel dumb now for not ordering the glass bottles. I will look online for some free shipping out there and see if I can't buy a few since I have a little time before my order arrives or the majority of it. One order was processed and two are unfulfilled at the moment. I figured on what I had read it was smarter to split them up and not open the others too much. Looks like I will try and use the smaller ones first and save those bottles for future use also.
I read online about coloration...This nicotine should be clear, correct? If it's dark then I need to worry with integrity?? I live in AL and I saw on a Google search about buying during the cold months with nic vs the hotter months (AL stays warm). I guess I started out at the right time of year, I suppose. (?)
I'm just glad I keep my freezer locked outside since I won't have to worry about kids coming over and me freaking out! LOL I'm somehow the neighborhood cool non blood aunt around here (pool, fun pets, bike, music, FOOD!)...:D:pizza::bliss:
Glass bottle outlet store on amazon. Eligible for amazon free shipping.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N5HU3CP?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title#

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Do the Math and calculate how much surface area you make by pouring it and all the smaller bottles surface area. Can't argue with the fact the 500 ML bottle I just finished was not degraded or spoiled.
It's perfectly fine if we don't store our nic the same way. Not once did I imply your way was wrong, simply not what I do after researching the options.

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@SteveS45 Thank you...I had some crazy thought of why needing them whenever the kit was sending like 10 or so plus the ones I can recycle here. I have a few but not many. Heck I've been tossing them until this past week. The few non amber bottles I'm sure I can rig those babies up with some tape for now. I'm duct tape rich here! The things you learn on a daily here. My dad thought I had lost it before I thought this out with asking him who had the best price on syringes but with the blunt tip. He questioned to wtheck I was doing. I just laughed and explained, he's diabetic. :) He's actually pro-vape to include our surgeon. Whoohoo!! My home is going to look like a darn beauty salon/vape shop in all of my closets plus fridge/freezer!
I just thought I had researched the DIY supplies enough, silly me didn't think about getting bottles!

@Letitia9 You saved me again with the amber bottles too!! I'll split these up and go from there...I can see this being a reason to add a small freezer come this summer. LOL :)

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I split mine into 30s too. I've read you're supposed to shake it up well before splitting. So that's what I do. I get 450ML, and split that up into 120ml bottles. But I always have 4 - 30ml bottles for mixing. When they run out I break open another 120 and refil the 30s. My nic is always in PET plastic. Glass would be ideal but I don't care. My nic has been just fine. I like the convenience of adding my nic the same as I do my flavors, by drops.

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have green and amber bottles but never use them because I want to see the color of the e-Liquids.
That makes sense. The link Letitia gave me those are amber. I'll save these clear ones also.
Is the nic solution supposed to be clear or kinda tan?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, everyone answered your question!

Going back to baking......;)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The only thing I know about it is where I bought it from and the strengths (NR and 48mg - 100mg in pg). That's all I know. Sad but I'm lost on that one..Eek!

I never bought from NR so I honestly can't say. I am sure someone who does will comment so don't worry.

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guess I need to give NR a few great props! In my three orders, yeah just three, they gave me a refund. Reason on the I guess their drop down choices were out of stock. So I emailed and asked about what was refunded, I was hoping not the nic. Well they gave me a refund for $20 as a discount for new customer and shipping speed since all but my first order didn't go out. They are awesome there. Very nice and easy to deal with. Bless them on my crazy three orders though. They understand us new peeps not fully understanding. Thank goodness! My orders are due in on the 24th and 26th, whoop whoop!!!:bliss::stars::confetti:

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still waiting on my first order to mail out. Second one to arrive tomorrow, yeah FEDEX delayed my order today and it's been sitting in Nashville since Saturday.

Made my first trial with Peaches and Cream as a shake and vape. Just to try out things, ya know. Lol. Well, first day my throat caught a little heck, second day smoothed out and I added a little double choc clear by 2 drops last night. It's about gone! !!! Only made 10ml.

I'm having issues with not having decent base flavors due to my shipping right now and I feel stuck in limbo. Not sure what to try alone or just wait. This wait is about cruel, I'll say that much! Lol

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Still waiting on my first order to mail out. Second one to arrive tomorrow, yeah FEDEX delayed my order today and it's been sitting in Nashville since Saturday.

Made my first trial with Peaches and Cream as a shake and vape. Just to try out things, ya know. Lol. Well, first day my throat caught a little heck, second day smoothed out and I added a little double choc clear by 2 drops last night. It's about gone! !!! Only made 10ml.

I'm having issues with not having decent base flavors due to my shipping right now and I feel stuck in limbo. Not sure what to try alone or just wait. This wait is about cruel, I'll say that much! Lol

It's a great time to make standalone samplers so you can get familiar with the actual taste of each flavor you do have on hand, give them time to settle some and get familiar with your flavors in general

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

Solos in different strengths.. take a lot of notes ;)

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a great time to make standalone samplers so you can get familiar with the actual taste of each flavor you do have on hand, give them time to settle some and get familiar with your flavors in general

I was thinking that earlier today. Thank you. I've been staring down a few that I have, especially the Cookies and Cream, Blood Orange and Kiwi-Strawberry even the plain sugar cookies. I've done more research on the %'s to mix at on stand alones yesterday and today. Temptation has been there.
I went with a 9ml nic level. I vape on 6ml and 12ml and I think the nic is my culprit to my throat getting hit. I shaked it first then I'm shaking this mini bottle each time. Peppery taste but it could easily be the peach as well. I'm dumbfounded on that one. Reason for the choc addition. I might dial it down some. I wanted to do a higher vg but the values in the nic on pg didn't allow for that. I will say this, I'm not itching in the least bit so maybe that's a great and welcomed sign to me mixing! That's why this bottle is about gone, no itching with it but itching with the store bought. My 70/30 blend might have been off some, I'm thinking. I did kinda cheat on the vg after I mixed. Lol.:teehee:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking that earlier today. Thank you. I've been staring down a few that I have, especially the Cookies and Cream, Blood Orange and Kiwi-Strawberry even the plain sugar cookies. I've done more research on the %'s to mix at on stand alones yesterday and today. Temptation has been there.
I went with a 9ml nic level. I vape on 6ml and 12ml and I think the nic is my culprit to my throat getting hit. I shaked it first then I'm shaking this mini bottle each time. Peppery taste but it could easily be the peach as well. I'm dumbfounded on that one. Reason for the choc addition. I might dial it down some. I wanted to do a higher vg but the values in the nic on pg didn't allow for that. I will say this, I'm not itching in the least bit so maybe that's a great and welcomed sign to me mixing! That's why this bottle is about gone, no itching with it but itching with the store bought. My 70/30 blend might have been off some, I'm thinking. I did kinda cheat on the vg after I mixed. Lol.:teehee:

I never go with anyone else's given amounts.. we all taste things differently..
It's why I tell folks to start low, like 1-2 flavor drops in 10ml and work up..
take notes as you go..
make enough for at least a 2 week time period..

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Solos in different strengths.. take a lot of notes ;)

Thank you! I pondered those thoughts the past few days. Let me try a simple Cookies and Cream. I'm thinking that's a good craving too. I saw that it's pretty good to start and gets only better. I'm now realizing I need a stash of small bottles. Maybe 10's vs bigger ones.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you! I pondered those thoughts the past few days. Let me try a simple Cookies and Cream. I'm thinking that's a good craving too. I saw that it's pretty good to start and gets only better. I'm now realizing I need a stash of small bottles. Maybe 10's vs bigger ones.

Which brand? LoL :p
Im rather picky, can't help it.. but yes.. go with something you like.. have some fun! :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
As far as bottles..
I keep 100 10ml glass bottles with screw caps (syrenges work great to fill tanks and drippers, home use/testing)
I order 500 30ml pet bottles for personal use once a year..
Then I have 4oz and 8oz pet bottles for mixes I love..

Keeps things super simple.

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Smoky Blue The C&C is Real Flavors brand. Sweet cream in a previous post was Capella.
I'm thinking tomorrow I'll do a 8% on the C&C, saw where some liked more and some less. Figured that would be a start. The D. Choc clear has my attention though. I guess I'm craving Oreos or a darn choc cake from what I'm staring at.
I agree about the bottles and keeping it simple. I have some glass on order but that's for my nic and I ordered yesterday some plastic ones. Think 30ml. I looked today for a decent 15ml or 10ml and just never went back on there to order. Reviews are so mixed on the tops. Once I get those last few things in I'm pretty set on things, I hope. I think I bought too much nic though but from my understanding it's good for awhile. I'm just waiting on the glass bottles to arrive then I'm freezing it.
Please don't laugh but I was just too stingy about air and used a small syringe and hole to draw my nic from the other day. Air is air but at the moment I thought I was getting ahead until the bottles come in. Lol

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
@Smoky Blue The C&C is Real Flavors brand. Sweet cream in a previous post was Capella.
I'm thinking tomorrow I'll do a 8% on the C&C, saw where some liked more and some less. Figured that would be a start. The D. Choc clear has my attention though. I guess I'm craving Oreos or a darn choc cake from what I'm staring at.
I agree about the bottles and keeping it simple. I have some glass on order but that's for my nic and I ordered yesterday some plastic ones. Think 30ml. I looked today for a decent 15ml or 10ml and just never went back on there to order. Reviews are so mixed on the tops. Once I get those last few things in I'm pretty set on things, I hope. I think I bought too much nic though but from my understanding it's good for awhile. I'm just waiting on the glass bottles to arrive then I'm freezing it.
Please don't laugh but I was just too stingy about air and used a small syringe and hole to draw my nic from the other day. Air is air but at the moment I thought I was getting ahead until the bottles come in. Lol

One can never have enough nicotine.. suggestion to think ahead:
1 gallon of nic per vaper in the house per year.. so you are safe ;)

Dont poke holes in bottles, even tho your needle is small lol.. just dont!
Go get some tape and seal it up! gee...
By the time your bottles get here, not much will be missing/air wont corrupt it at all, for the tiny bit of wait time you have..
You will be fine.

I can not talk on the flavors you did pick up.. they are pretty much standards.. requires steep time: cookies and cream

I mainly work with ultras, not much steep time, 1-5 days at the most.
If you are in the mood to dig.. more than welcome to find my link in my signature to my elr account.
I have tons of recipes there.. here, I havent a clue what all I left behind/around.. :)

VU Sponsors