DIY in canada? Where do I go?

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I forgot to take a picture of it but they threw in a sample bottle of TPA mojito Havana. It smells pretty good. Should be interesting to see what I can make with it.

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You'll be happy with the nic.

I will just have to agree with you. This is the best nic I have tried so far as stand alone. It is very smooth and very pleasant to vape. Not harsh or peppery or anything!! I could vape this all day long. One a scale of 1 to 10 this is a 10 and a keeper for me. :hearts::confetti::banana:

My Mix:
70/30 PG/VG
6mg/ml strength

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just checked out their website. Its llike a time machine to vaping 2010 hardware-wise. lol
LOL I hear you, and I am part of that time machine, but there is nothing there that I would be interested in except the nic.

Cid6.7

Member For 4 Years
I ordered a DIY kit from All E-Cig Solutions and some flavors as my 1st DIY ever..
I've mixed a few batches of just random stuff & every single batch tasted kinda like tin a metal taste to it.
So I ordered some flavors or a recipe to make a Butter pecan brulee mixed up a big batch 120ml thinkin it'll taste different. Its been steeping for about 3 weeks
but it also has the same tinny metallic kinda harsh taste it also has the same kinda twangy smell as all the other batches has as well.
Could it be the NIC base I got in the DIY kit making all the batches have this funky smell/taste.. ?
I aint dissin the company but maybe I got a bad batch of NIC..? Its not crystal clear like I've heard some people say theirs is.
On the bottle it says Moose Flavouring VG 36MG I only mix my batches to 6mg nic with the ejuice calculator.

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered a DIY kit from All E-Cig Solutions and some flavors as my 1st DIY ever..
I've mixed a few batches of just random stuff & every single batch tasted kinda like tin a metal taste to it.
So I ordered some flavors or a recipe to make a Butter pecan brulee mixed up a big batch 120ml thinkin it'll taste different. Its been steeping for about 3 weeks
but it also has the same tinny metallic kinda harsh taste it also has the same kinda twangy smell as all the other batches has as well.
Could it be the NIC base I got in the DIY kit making all the batches have this funky smell/taste.. ?
I aint dissin the company but maybe I got a bad batch of NIC..? Its not crystal clear like I've heard some people say theirs is.
On the bottle it says Moose Flavouring VG 36MG I only mix my batches to 6mg nic with the ejuice calculator.
If your mixing different flavors and coming up with the same taste it could very well be the nic, but also if your using too much of a flavor that also could be a problem. What is the maker of flavor and % your using??

As for a coupon for First Choice, I have no idea? I gave up long ago in trying to find coupons for any site.:confused:

Cid6.7

Member For 4 Years
I'm thinkin its the Nic cause it doesn't matter which flavors I mix together. I usually go for a creamy desert flavor like caramels vanillas and butter pecan I'm going for a nutty cream sweet flavor for my over all taste. I just did a big order to make a deep fried icecream & am thinkin on getting some nic from 1stchoice. You got 100mg..? How well does that mix up ? & what % did you get for PG/VG..?
Thanks bro
Peace

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone have a coupon for 1stchoice..? Peace

I did send an email to them and asked way back when I ordered my nic but they didn't have any coupons at the time

Cid6.7

Member For 4 Years
I just placed an order with them for 250ml of 100mg nic. Email transfer payment option I got the email receipt for payment. But no email addy to send payment to or info for the "secret question" what gives lol..
Found it right on their main page..... der.
Payment sent.. woot !

Last edited:

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just placed an order with them for 250ml of 100mg nic. Email transfer payment option I got the email receipt for payment. But no email addy to send payment to or info for the "secret question" what gives lol..
Found it right on their main page..... der.
Payment sent.. woot !
I had the same issue when I ordered. If I remember correctly there is payment instructions in small print in the middle of the banner at the top of the screen somewhere. Hope that helps

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm thinkin its the Nic cause it doesn't matter which flavors I mix together. I usually go for a creamy desert flavor like caramels vanillas and butter pecan I'm going for a nutty cream sweet flavor for my over all taste. I just did a big order to make a deep fried icecream & am thinkin on getting some nic from 1stchoice. You got 100mg..? How well does that mix up ? & what % did you get for PG/VG..?
Thanks bro
Peace
A little late here but yea I should have mentioned to try that nic straight up with no flavor. I ordered my nic as PG base 100mg/ml. A lot easier to shake up before using. As for mixing up there is no problem and trying it straight up (which I suggest you do first) it is great nic. I love it so much I may not even add flavors to it. Right now It is all in the freezer and will stay there until I get rid of the other nic I have.

LOL I had the same problem when trying to send an e-transfer. They should send that info with your order confermation.

Just keep in mind that you will have to show proof of age and sign for the order when it comes.

Cid6.7

Member For 4 Years
Well I ordered 100mg VG from 1stchoice and a bunch of concentrates from diy both should be here tomorrow. !! Excited to mix up a batch of the deep fried icecream with new nic !
I'll letcha know
Peace

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I ordered 100mg VG from 1stchoice and a bunch of concentrates from diy both should be here tomorrow. !! Excited to mix up a batch of the deep fried icecream with new nic !
I'll letcha know
Peace
Just make sure you give that nic a very good shake before using. And also shake the flavors also. Things will settle out in time, leaving the top of the bottle weak and the bottom strong.

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vape Maiiiilllll woot !
Is the Nic sposed to be that dark ?

Looks a little dark to me but I've not used VG based before. Maybe it makes a difference?

Cid6.7

Member For 4 Years
This is a bit off topic but since I'm here I may as well ask.
How do yah'll mix your recipes. Do you mix all flavors together then mix to your bases
Or start with nic then add vg add pg mix that, then start adding your flavors..? In the past Ive just mixed in order the calculator has them set up..

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Flavour-base-nic. No particular reason for the order.

Etown smoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I usually go flavor-nic-base Also for no real reason it's just the way I've been doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cid6.7

Member For 4 Years
Its the Nic
I mixed up a batch of deep fried icecream yesterday with my new nic/pg/vg & not even a hint of that metallic/chemical smell

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its the Nic
I mixed up a batch of deep fried icecream yesterday with my new nic/pg/vg & not even a hint of that metallic/chemical smell
I was kind of thinking it was. Did you try your new nic stand alone?? And I have to say that that nic does look a little dark to me. I have some nic from Northern Nic, (They are out of business now) that tasted like shit, and it is not that dark?? My nic from FCV was PG base and clear as water. But don't let the color fool you. It could be the VG that was used or the nic has oxidize a bit. None the less if it tastes good then your good to go. Color or clear does not always mean bad nic.

steamer861

Member For 4 Years
New supplier that was brought to my attention. I believe they are in BC. Good price on nic and fair price on shipping. I have not tried them myself......Yet.... But always good to have extra suppliers just in case.
http://www.gentlemensreserve.com/

I have bought Nic base from the GR, Their price isn't bad For a Canadian Supplier & the quality was good :)
DIY ejuice is great for flavouring, excellent selection fair pricing excellent customer service.
I buy PG & VG from Shoppers Drugmart no shipping costs, they have VG right on the shelf & you can just ask at the counter for PG, it's a special order but comes in a day or 2. I just got 2 500 ml bottles for 15 bucks :)

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I thought I'd make a post here about a very inexpensive bit of gear that has made my DIY a lot easier.

I use syringes for measuring. If you use drops, or a scale, this won't be too helpful.

Syringes have a few issues, that over time, became annoying to me. The markings on the outside that one uses to measure, wear off quickly when wearing nitrile gloves, and exposed to VG. Even just washing over time wears them off.

After a few uses, the rubber on the plunger on syringes starts to stick, and becomes difficult to operate smoothly and precisely. Last but not least, drawing liquid from bottles that are not designed for use with syringes, is a pain. The open hole in the container is not sealed, causing a dilema when trying to transfer liquids into the syringe.

The answer!

CameraZOOM-20160606160917528.jpg

This was $2 at Safeway. I have been using the same one since Dec. I apply clear tape over the external markings, and the markings remain clear, and legible.

As you can see in the pic, this syringe uses an O ring on the plunger. The O ring on this syringe never swells, and always operates smoothly even after 50 washings.

CameraZOOM-20160606161123433.jpg

It also comes with this.

CameraZOOM-20160606160840127.jpg

This doo-dad is worth the $2 by itself. Because it allows you to do this

CameraZOOM-20160606161442160.jpg

And this

CameraZOOM-20160606161841913.jpg

And this.

CameraZOOM-20160606161621823.jpg

I keep my nic in 30Ml dripper bottles, in the fridge. My reasoning, is that in the gravest extreme, if I drop the bottle, I don't lose all my precious nic, and don't have an enviromental emergency in my kitchen.

To transfer the nic from the dropper to the syringe, I used to remove the plunger, place a gloved finger at the outlet of the syringe, and use the dropper to put the desired amount into the syringe. A bit of a pain.

This syringe however, comes with another helpful bit, so you can fill the syringe with the plunger out. A stopper.

CameraZOOM-20160606161242297.jpg

I hope this helps someone. I believe wasting nic through spillage is drug abuse!!

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought I'd make a post here about a very inexpensive bit of gear that has made my DIY a lot easier.
I have one of those and have never used it. I got it from my wife I think. It is only 5ml. But I don't have the extra Stopper or what ever they call it. That looks like something you could also stick in a bottle of VG or PG and turn it up side down and extract what you need?

I don't have a problem with the markings rubbing off because I tape them from day one, But I hear you on plungers sticking after a while. That is a pain!!

Never looked at mine before and it is an "o" ring of some sort. Shiny and smooth. Will have to try this thing out. ;)

c flakes

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Two more liters of nic from First choice, one liter of PG. The nic is wrapped up like the first batch. The pg was sealed with duct tape. Will sample it tomorrow and then in the freezer it goes with the rest.

Etown smoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have to throw it out there again for the Edmonton area. Flavourfog has a great selection great prices and well I put my order in at 330 yesterday and it was ready for pick up at 5 same day. That's amazing service in my opinion

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have one of those and have never used it. I got it from my wife I think. It is only 5ml. But I don't have the extra Stopper or what ever they call it. That looks like something you could also stick in a bottle of VG or PG and turn it up side down and extract what you need?

These are 10Ml. The 4th pic is extracting VG with the gizmo. I use a big bore syringe for the VG, and this one for the rest.

Cid6.7

Member For 4 Years
Email from First Choice Vapor
Code:
Happy Canada Day everyone to celebrate we are having a 20% off your entire order sale with coupon code (CANADA). The sale starts June 30 and ends july 05.
Also do to the potential canada post strike we now will be shipping with Fedex thank you and have a awesome long weekend.

Cid6.7

Member For 4 Years
Anyone know of a reputable person IN CANADA that sells concentrates on ebay ?
When I do a search all of them are from other countries...

Etown smoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I'm just wondering if everyone is still happy with their nic from firstchoice cause I've got to order some more. Also Cid are you still happy with your nic? Mine was the same color but I thought it was good

Cid6.7

Member For 4 Years
Yep mines still good been in freezer ever since I bought it. Have made 1 30ml bottle while its been in freezer man VG gets thick in there lol took awhile to get both the vg and nic measued out.

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Etown smoke My nic was crystal clear and very good as a stand alone. Mine was 100% pg 100mg/ml. It's all in the freezer except for 30ml right now. I have other nic I want to get rid of first. But Yes I love the nic from FCV.

Just wondering was your nic VG base like Cid's??

Etown smoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah mine was the same as Cids, I was happy with it but questioned the color

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would not worry about the color to much, as long as it tastes good to you.
Maybe it was the VG used that ended up changing the coloro_O

Try ordering 100% PG next order. IT is a lot easier to work with even when you first pull it from the freezer.

Etown smoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A little off topic but does anyone have a recipe or 2 they'd like to share

c flakes

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I'm just wondering if everyone is still happy with their nic from firstchoice cause I've got to order some more. Also Cid are you still happy with your nic? Mine was the same color but I thought it was good

No problems with either order I made. Just finishing up some unflavored I made with both batches.

imaddicted2u

Member For 4 Years
I came across a deal for a liter of 30mg/ml nic for $74.99 at https://www.vapeonline.ca/diy/prema...-250ml-500ml-1-liter-pg-vg-nicotine-base.html
They call it pre-made unflavoured ejuice. It comes in 250ml, 500ml and 1000ml sizes. I plan to mix it down to 6mg/ml so, according to the recipe calculator, I'll end up with about 5 liters of mixed flavoured juice.
I don't know if it's a pricing mistake on the website or not but you can order it in whatever PG/VG ratio and nic concentration you like for the same price.
I was a little leery about ordering it but feel better since they called the day after I ordered to say a flavour I ordered was out of stock and asked if I wanted to substitute something else. I got a UPS tracking number email from them a few minutes later. So at least something is coming. Shipping is free if you spend over $100.
I just hope it's the good stuff.
The number that came up on the phone call I got came from the Mississauga Ontario office of this company http://www.skcigs.ca/retail-locations/wholesale-and-retail.html

Attachments

• juice calc.JPG
    juice calc.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 4

VU Sponsors