Become a Patron!

Diy Hana 30w

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FT added the stand alone box Hana style box today. They already carry the 30w chips. I'm already wanting to get a 30w mod, & semi retire my vamo.

Here's the pluses I see:
Cheap intro to high watts
18650, have plenty of
USB recharge, would like to add a qi patch for wireless charging
Compact, more mobile than 26650

Do you guys think this would be money well spent? Or should I go for something else?
http://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10007864/1785702-diy-enclosure-case-for-hana-modz-pack-dna-30
http://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10007864/1735400-hana-modz-pack-dna-30-style-mod-vw-modules

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't read the discussions on it but I think even though the whole ready made box is cheap it's still a good idea if you're a beginner enthusiast. And I know there are much higher wattage chips now but the 30watt is really cheap. Might as well pick up some 510 connectors while your there too. I wish fasttech also did cradles for the DNA

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I guess my main concern would be with that chip since we don't know if it's even the same one used in the Cana/Cloupor/etc. clones

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The diy parts are about $10 cheaper in the end. I've got the tools & patience to do it. I'm aware of even higher wattage chips coming out. I'm mainly wanting to get away from PWM & try out constant power. If I like it, it'll eventually get downgraded to a work mod, & I'd get something nicer for home.

Hobby: what do mean cradle? Something to physically hold the chip in place? If so & worst case, maybe hot glue it in place?

I guess it sounds like I'm answering my own question. Somebody convince me...

Vapor Zen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know I will get some of the FT boxes soon.. I will wait for reviews on them and a ships same day status but they looks great.. I got some of the FT DNA 30 chips already and will be bread boarding them soon.. I need 6A fuses for reverse polarity protection and am tooling up now to make several different box mods.. I'm going dual 18650 first in a Hammond box.. I also needed chip cradles so thx for the links Hobby Kid.. Practice makes perfect..

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think they mostly make to order, so it'll take a little bit of time. That shapeways link isn't the only seller there doing the cradle. I put this into google and it came back with several people doing it 'shapeways dna cradle'

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Old thread but, FT seems to have done away with the boxes...cant find them at all now...probably something to do with the lawsuit.

Chips are still there though.

I found one place claiming to sell the cloupor clone chips but i got no response back from the vendor for verification.

VU Sponsors