Become a Patron!

DIY Flops and opinions on use of additives

Hello everyone!

I've been browsing the forum for sometime and just now decided to actually make an account to finally join the community as I have been getting quite serious about DIY.

It's been a few months of intense mixing and vaping and I've nearly gotten no where or set back to square one on all of my batches. I've probably went through 50 batches to date with all of them being flops ( I know... not a lot but getting there ). I've tried to replicate aswell as create my own recipes but the juice never turns out to be to be as good as I thought it would and when I have friends taste test they would say "it's OK". Frustrated, I have been looking at all the reasons as to why it's just an "OK" juice and trying to pin point what exactly I am missing from the puzzle. Maybe some of the veterans can give me some insight as to how to make an "OK" juice turn into something amazing.

The store bought juices seem just "that" much better than the DIY and I'm not sure if it's all the additives or secret ingredients. I added just one ingredient - sweetener, and it has made the juices that much better than what it originally was. It gave it the same tasty aftertaste/exhale that some of the premium juice guys make. I've been looking into using the sweetener on all of my juices going forward but am skeptical so am looking for insight and how you would use sweeteners in juices or if this is a taboo or what not. Do you guys use sweeteners at all? I know its all an experimentation etc. trial and error thing but any master techniques regarding the area sweeteners would be much appreciated.

Thanks all!

Supe

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Before you consider additives, consider your most basic ingredients. How does your unflavored nic base taste? If you have PG with a weird chemical flavor to it, or nic that's not so great, even the best set of flavorings will never get beyond mediocre results.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to V/U! HeadinCiouds is on spot with that! When I first started DIY I got nic from a vendor that was yellowing and had a peppery taste. I thought the flavoring would cover it enough [wrong], luckily it was a small bottle and when it ran out wow what a difference. There is a place for sweetener maybe not in everything though.

Thanks for the heads up guys. I am in Canada and I do know that there is a difference between Canadian vs. US nicotine. I get my nicotine from a pretty reliable source and believe it is American. Same with the PG and VG. I will keep playing around I think it may be just me overreaching. If things get better will definitely post about it!

VU Sponsors