DIY Flavor Shack

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll be honest, the only reason I have this little box of their flavorings is because I won a forum contest and received a $50 gift code. Otherwise I probably never would have ordered from them, as I never see anyone else here using them. And they're pretty pricey.....
But worth it.
The ones I've tried thus far are simply amazing, very true to flavor. They're highly concentrated, so the little 3.7ml bottles I thought would last through a couple of mixes are going to stretch quite a way. I'm beyond pleased and will say that Dawn from DIYFS has definitely got my repeat business. I highly advise giving them a try. ;)

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, I just searched this forum for "shack", hoping someone had done reviews on these as I've noticed the same thing--nobody seems to use them around here--and your post from today was the only thing that popped up. I look forward to hearing more about their flavors if you're up for reviewing them, even briefly. They *are* pricey, like you say. How do they compare in terms of concentration to FA?

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Would you say their flavors tend to be vapable on their own (this is what I've heard, for instance, about OneOnOne flavors) or are more like TFA in that they're usually better in a mix with other things?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With what I've mixed so far, they're good as standalone or mixes. I honestly expected them to be weak - not sure why - so the first I mixed as a standalone at 10%. WAY too much! I think I got a few new cavities...lol! I cut it back to 5% and it was dreamy for a full flavor lover like myself, those with more sensitive tastes could go as low as 3-4%. I then mixed a banana cream with one called "Mr. Goodstuff," which is a creamy, vanilla, subtle caramel-ish at a total of 6% flavor and it's wonderful!
I'd definitely compare the strength to FlavourArt any day. A little goes a very long way. Which is good, because the 3.7ml bottles I got started at $2.45 and some went a little higher. They sent two "freebie" bottles, one called "Starstruck," which is described as Trix cereal w/milk. At 5%, it tastes identical to the cereal.
I will surely order more, I love them! Got a mix going now with part DIYFS and part FA. It smells lovely, we'll taste momentarily....:)

VU Sponsors