Become a Patron!

DIY and Open Pod Systems

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Dear Pod People,

Even though refillable, I've held out, and held out, taking a pod very seriously, reason being, I have zero desire to start buying factory coils again, and less desire to repeatedly purchase pod packs. Enter: Pasito, and the Jester Pods, both apparently rebuildable.

Lately, I'm hearing really great things about the Pasito pod, but I have questions.

I DIY my juice. I really have no interest in purchasing separate types of nic, or buying pre-made (salt nic) juice. I know it's ok to use regular nic, but would it be necessary to mix it at a higher mg? A lower mg?

What about flavoring? For those of you that mix your own for pods, do you have to increase the amount of flavoring to get the flavor you're used to? Reduce the amount?

My typical carry to work is the eLeaf Pico with a RTA. Though a small device, it sticks out of my pocket enough to be noticeable (by boss people), so I thought a Pasito might be small/flat enough to be less noticeable, since I carry a notebook in my pocket, too.

I appreciate any experience you have to offer.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been using the pasito almost solely for a week. The rba is great in my opinion. But I bought it for higher nic 3 or 4 puffs while away from my main vape. I've yet to mix juice for this yet as I've bought a ton of blackberry breeze from vapewild a while back. But it's a 12mg regular nic. Kept with mtl it's not to much throat hit. But if you were to open the airflow on the pasito 12mg might be too much after 3 puffs. As for flavorings just my guess would be a bit more than normal juice. But I honestly don't know on that one. Depends on percentages you use now I guess. But I haven't had any issues at all with the pasito.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use a pod device quite often. I just find them easier to carry around and conceal if the need exists. I haven't bothered too much with nic salts primarily because I already have plenty of freebase. I do double the potency of the nic for my pod devices however, mainly because I use them sparingly and in short bursts. I don't bother altering the amount of flavoring though because I'm not expecting them to be flavor monsters. They could probably stand a little tweak upwards to compensate for the compact size but honestly, I find the flavor decent enough for my purposes.

I don't have a Pasito yet but it's definitely on my list. Finally a pod with a RBA! That it's fairly reasonably priced is just gravy, lol.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I know midnight420 has one and likes it. I am on the fence with getting one myself.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dear Pod People,

Even though refillable, I've held out, and held out, taking a pod very seriously, reason being, I have zero desire to start buying factory coils again, and less desire to repeatedly purchase pod packs. Enter: Pasito, and the Jester Pods, both apparently rebuildable.

Lately, I'm hearing really great things about the Pasito pod, but I have questions.

I DIY my juice. I really have no interest in purchasing separate types of nic, or buying pre-made (salt nic) juice. I know it's ok to use regular nic, but would it be necessary to mix it at a higher mg? A lower mg?

What about flavoring? For those of you that mix your own for pods, do you have to increase the amount of flavoring to get the flavor you're used to? Reduce the amount?

My typical carry to work is the eLeaf Pico with a RTA. Though a small device, it sticks out of my pocket enough to be noticeable (by boss people), so I thought a Pasito might be small/flat enough to be less noticeable, since I carry a notebook in my pocket, too.

I appreciate any experience you have to offer.
My husband only likes pod system,, he uses my reg base nicotine. I vape his "zero" pod often,, i like it when I walk the dog. I make his ejuice at 10mg mine is 0-3mg. I also have been trying out nic salts,, again I use them the same as reg base nic on squonks &my sub ohm tanks (28-35 watts @ .20-.30 ohms all using 1-2 18650 batteries) I think the higher nic in pods is to ensure a nic delivery on a far smaller battery "muscle"

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use pods for the ultra pocketable aspect and a nic fix when out and about.

With that said, I primarily only run high nic, like straight up one puff and I’m straight (50mg) usage only.

50/50/50

I tried mixing for pods and nailing it to where the pods would taste right, and gave up...for the intended purpose was just for a quick fix.

With that being said, the factory coils last a long time...but again, for example; I’ll be out with friends or family for 5hrs, I might take 3-4 rips? So said coils are lasting a while before they just go bad from lack of use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use pods for the ultra pocketable aspect and a nic fix when out and about.

With that said, I primarily only run high nic, like straight up one puff and I’m straight (50mg) usage only.

50/50/50

I tried mixing for pods and nailing it to where the pods would taste right, and gave up...for the intended purpose was just for a quick fix.

With that being said, the factory coils last a long time...but again, for example; I’ll be out with friends or family for 5hrs, I might take 3-4 rips? So said coils are lasting a while before they just go bad from lack of use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What I found interesting was that I am a heavy vaper @ 30-50 mls a day (was 2packs/35 years) my husband smoked more than me so i expected him to vape more than me,,,, nope with the pods he refills them maybe once a day ,,, so the high nic fast is effective for him as for me when I vape his zero pod I still vape a lot but I do think its less than my consumption on sub ohm set ups. But I am more of a nervous (?) flavor chaser.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That makes sense.

Thanks much for your replies, guys!
I am buying nic salt just for me,,hubby is more simple,, he is fine with simple freebase.

To sample nic salts I simply went bought some 'pod ejuice' and put it into my sub ohm it was fine,,. Granted ,I only put in roughly 10% into my tank since it was 50mg and the rest of the tank had my reg recipe of 0 nic

Using my rough real world use of freebase nic for a pod system,, make yourself a bottle of 2x-3x your reg dose and adjust from there to your taste. I stll have that bottle of nic salts juice I bought just for topping off my tanks/squonk when desired

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Been using the pasito almost solely for a week. The rba is great in my opinion. But I bought it for higher nic 3 or 4 puffs while away from my main vape. I've yet to mix juice for this yet as I've bought a ton of blackberry breeze from vapewild a while back. But it's a 12mg regular nic. Kept with mtl it's not to much throat hit. But if you were to open the airflow on the pasito 12mg might be too much after 3 puffs. As for flavorings just my guess would be a bit more than normal juice. But I honestly don't know on that one. Depends on percentages you use now I guess. But I haven't had any issues at all with the pasito.
Ditto, nice lil pod with fantastic battery life.....:)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I am buying nic salt just for me,,hubby is more simple,, he is fine with simple freebase.

To sample nic salts I simply went bought some 'pod ejuice' and put it into my sub ohm it was fine,,. Granted ,I only put in roughly 10% into my tank since it was 50mg and the rest of the tank had my reg recipe of 0 nic

Using my rough real world use of freebase nic for a pod system,, make yourself a bottle of 2x-3x your reg dose and adjust from there to your taste. I stll have that bottle of nic salts juice I bought just for topping off my tanks/squonk when desired
I recently dropped down to about 7mg. I remember 24 made me kinda sick back when I first started vaping, so I dropped to 18, since there was no 20 or 22, back then. Maybe I'll mix up a bottle of 18 for old times sake, lol. I just don't wanna have to go and buy all kinds of different types of nic for something I might not necessarily do that often. I can always try my regular mix, too, then use the 18 for a fall back, if need be.

I'm quite surprised to see that your husband became the main pod user! That's pretty fantastic, really.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are you vaping your regular DIY that you'd use in your tanks/squonks? I can't recall what you vape these days.
I make high nic salts 50-50....but you could even use high VG if you wanted to, the rebuildable atty works like a charm.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I make high nic salts 50-50....but you could even use high VG if you wanted to, the rebuildable atty works like a charm.
I'm so happy to hear that! I'm a high PG vaper, one of those weird ones that can't tolerate much VG, but now that a rebuildable one finally is out, I'm glad to know if works so well. For both you and @MrMeowgi to say so, it's gotta be true.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
What'd it run ya there? I saw one at electrictobacconist for just under $26. RBA is under $6.

I had so much trouble with that sight last time I swore never again (was about 2 years ago though)

I went ahead and did FT - and got extra RBA pods - still had to pay extra for shipping though because it's a battery :(

Found a coupon to get it for $19 from Sourcemore, but the shipping put it at FT price and also did not come with RBA and they did not offer it as an option

Yes, being an extreme cheapskate

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently dropped down to about 7mg. I remember 24 made me kinda sick back when I first started vaping, so I dropped to 18, since there was no 20 or 22, back then. Maybe I'll mix up a bottle of 18 for old times sake, lol. I just don't wanna have to go and buy all kinds of different types of nic for something I might not necessarily do that often. I can always try my regular mix, too, then use the 18 for a fall back, if need be.

I'm quite surprised to see that your husband became the main pod user! That's pretty fantastic, really.
Yeah but I bought 2 of everything in my stash over the years planning ahead for him! Just to see him go to pods hahahaha. Remember my OCD about not owning too much stuff,, I have turned into an active hunt their ass down piffer to help others convert to vaping. Today I drove to an office to meet and educate 2white collar guys & set them up with some gear and juices,, i met them by accident vaping outside waiting on my friend to park her car they passed by and asked what that smell was as they came out to smoke.... My husband says I'm gonna end up on the news as crazy woman converting Houston into a pro vape city. (So far I have 2 others converted to vaping away from sugar/snacks)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I had so much trouble with that sight last time I swore never again (was about 2 years ago though)

I went ahead and did FT - and got extra RBA pods - still had to pay extra for shipping though because it's a battery :(

Found a coupon to get it for $19 from Sourcemore, but the shipping put it at FT price and also did not come with RBA and they did not offer it as an option

Yes, being an extreme cheapskate
I remember reading in a different thread about the other place, so checked there. But, also, @debinnv mentioned that FT has the drip tips for the Pasito, should the need arise, so I put those in a wishlist. I'm so impatient sometimes, I don't like waiting for FT.

Bigbob2322

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I don't do pods, the few I tried didn't amount to much in the flavor dept until I won a Pasito with the rba coil and after building it I was very surprised how good the flavor is.It's a bit of a bitch to build because of the size and post hole placement but not that bad. Vapor and flavor is above average on this little gem. I just did a rewick and snapped a few photos.

20190721_101249.jpg
20190721_101227.jpg
20190721_101411.jpg

Attachments

• 20190721_110611.jpg
    20190721_110611.jpg
    591.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20190721_113106.jpg
    20190721_113106.jpg
    679.2 KB · Views: 17

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't do pods, the few I tried didn't amount to much in the flavor dept until I won a Pasito with the rba coil and after building it I was very surprised how good the flavor is.It's a bit of a bitch to build because of the size and post hole placement but not that bad. Vapor and flavor is above average on this little gem. I just did a rewick and snapped a few photos.

View attachment 143666
View attachment 143667
View attachment 143668
I was watching a video on those,, is there a reason like lack of space or ???? That you couldn't just wrap the wire ends around the screw heads? The atty reminds me of some older gen attys.

Bigbob2322

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I was watching a video on those,, is there a reason like lack of space or ???? That you couldn't just wrap the wire ends around the screw heads? The atty reminds me of some older gen attys.
The deck and screw heads are tiny, to be honest with you I never even thought to try that :facepalm: but using the post holes isn't that difficult.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I watched a couple videos on rebuilding it, saw both ways. One had made sort of an "S" shape, bending the legs of the coil to fit through the holes, the other vid showed the coil being wrapped under the post screws. Could try both, I have 26, 27, and 32g. Haven't used the 32 in a long time! I figure, I used to wrap Protank coils, so maybe I'll be ok. My eyes aren't what they used to be, but my glasses have gotten stronger, too, LOL!

View attachment 143666
View attachment 143667
View attachment 143668

Thanks for the pics! Useful.

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
sup Huck..long time no see.
get the innokin i.o
its disgustingly small yet powerful. very loose draws. 10/10
i know everyone thinks i'm jerking off that device...but i am in love with it.
as for juices.
i use everything from 50/50 50mg salt nic to 60/40 12mg freebase nic.
no issues with anything ever except its tough to refill due to the super small size of the pods.
mad flavor and big clouds for a tiny af pod system. the pods are godlike.
the innokin people claim it can even vape cbd oil...but idk. havent tested and never will put thick cbd oil in mine.
later

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered a Uwell Caliburn from 3FVape 6 weeks ago. They just sent me a What'sapp asking for a Google Map pin. What a bunch of wankers.

I'll be travelling to Romania this Xmas and I want to bring something small and unobtrusive so I figured I give this one a shot. If I like it, I'll order a couple of more. They should be able to hold me over for the holiday.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've heard the Caliburn has great flavor! I ended up finding a good deal on the Pasito, then a HELLUVA deal on a Mico, just couldn't pass that up. I didn't mix anything different, just been using my same ol' juice. The Pasito I find too noisy for stealth, but I like the flavor. The Mico is a bit better for stealth, flavor is fine for the purpose it serves. Really never thought I'd buy a pod, but I'll admit I was wrong. Super handy to have on hand.

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
EDITED - RULE #2

as for pod systems.
imo.
theyre the future of vaping.
its not box mods.
if anyone 4 years ago wouldve told me when i first started vaping...that...such a tiny super quiet device would reliably produce lots of vapor, retain great taste, and not need constant charging...i just wouldnt believe it.
the jump in technology is amazing.
it makes me wonder what the future holds for vapi.....oh yeahhhh...
the corrupt governments. vaping is now banned in the entire country of India.
india has 100 million smokers, big market, and its heavily taxed so you know what the deal is with all of that.
i hope the Indians stand up and vote corrupt fools who are against freedom out of office. hope so, for their health's sake.
and freedom's sake.
hmm.
well, i know vaping eventually will win. and combusted plant matter and the governments will lose.
because you cant fight technology, or the future.
watching Gov. Cuomo fight vaping.
to serve the Master Settlement Agreement...
is hilarious to me.
its just...laughable that he actually thinks banning flavors will somehow result in people going back to smoking which, obviously to us vapers, is NEVER going to happen.
people will diy or go black market ejuice 100% for sure.
no one who likes vaping non tobacco/menthol ejuice is going to buy a pack of Marlboro.
like how ridiculously stupid can someone get.
no wonder everyone in NY calls Gov. Cuomo...Fredo from Godfather II.
smdh.

lastly, as wonderful as pod devices are...the one thing i dont like is most pod mods dont have temperature control and they dont have a audio cue to sound off if you lose it.
the pax era has bluetooth and a android/ios app that lets you control temp with your phone which i love.
and the new juul think c1..if you lose it you can use the app to cause the pod to sound off with a beeping so you can find it. it be better if it included a gps signal but right now i think it would make a pod device too expensive.
maybe in 5 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
grimmgreen's twitter banner is fuckin hilarious.

2019-09-23_183245.png
but so what?!?!
sighhhh
ohhh Fredo.
you broke my heart.
you broke...my heart.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
New Pod/starter kit out ,Squid Squad....available as RBA or coil/pod. Element has it for $49.95 - 54.95

VU Sponsors