Become a Patron!

DIY...a little different...

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But...but...YOU need to understand that since I was paid to sponsor these coffee grounds their use has superceded any and all common sense practices and completely negated the need for your budget. THEY'RE DAMN GOOD, USE 'EM!! :eek:
Ok...you convinced me. I'll throw everything I know out the window and do it your way. I won't like it, but that's ok, at least then I'll fit in with the cool kids.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok...you convinced me. I'll throw everything I know out the window and do it your way. I won't like it, but that's ok, at least then I'll fit in with the cool kids.
Long as you understand....now run along and order a few more bottles, $99.95 and have a nice day....;)

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Long as you understand....now run along and order a few more bottles, $99.95 and have a nice day....;)
BAAAH
Funny-Sheep-Facts.jpg

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just my .02, but I've had mixed results with steeping, it seems to be more dependent on the mix, especially custards. However, I know for a fact TFA's Berry Cereal has a down right unpleasant taste to myself as well as the couple dozen or so I let try that mistake lol :/

Could you load up on some flavors? I'm sure. I've done it, I'm sure most have. Not sure to crazy high percentages, but I have a 30-35% total flavoring recipe or two. However, like has been stated several times and staying with the cooking metaphor - much like cooking, the recipe is the generally accepted blue-print for a dish. In general, most people will like it, but alter it to your taste as you wish. It's DIY after all.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh I'm sorry, next time I make sure that I sugar coat my opinion, so you won't get hurt son. Gtfo, presumptuous my ass. i haven't called anybody anything, I stated my experience and opinion. Coming once again with the oh its subjective or everyone has different taste argument isn't going to cut it.

Picking a percentage someone likes it, is subjective.
A specific combination is subject of its being subjective.
A flavor not being someone's favorite or cup of tea, fine subjective as well.

But what is not subjective, is if you have 100 people and 95 can't taste your flavor at any percentage, even tho its advertised/marketed as super/ultra/extreme/place any word here concentrate. unless you were catering to just the 5 people, that manufacturer missed the mark and not because I don't like it, because he/she is missing a huge business opportunity here. But if that's what that company wanted, great.

This is an example with random numbers I picked, before you get butt hurt again.
Was that degree of aggression really necessary?

Other than that, OP what you describe sounds pretty similar to how I imagine commercial juice is made. Definitely a formula for broad appeal, but perhaps not the most cost efficient from a DIY perspective. One of my favorite vanilla custards is 26% flavoring, the majority of it CAP VC1, but Game Over Custard still has it beat at half the flavoring. Yes, high percentages can work, but I tend to view my high percentage successes as compromises, while patting myself on the back when I get a favorable result with less than 10% flavoring. To each his own, but that's my viewpoint.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lmao... what a few years, eh @Time ;)

Just like high school, the popular kids would pick on us if'n we didn't do it their way or buy their brand or from their vendor. :giggle:

I don't visit the DYI section much anymore but there appears to more diversity now-a-days. The OP would have have been browbeat into submission if he'd have posted this thread a couple years ago. :p

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I posted a recipe the other day for a clone of Country Clouds Cornbread Puddin juice (more flavorful than theirs) and the requester said "isn't 27% flavoring a little bit much?" I was like not at all. Try it. They did. After a 10 ml sample, they made 60 ml to vape on. Nothing but good comments about it. You never know till you try.

Where would I find that recipe?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:giggle: Well, those don't coincide with what I like to use, so I'm just going to say it, You don't know what you're talking about TP. MAXWELL HOUSE IS THE GREATEST COFFEE EVER and I use 4 cups of grounds and buy them by the pallet.

(This message is sponsored by Maxwell house and it's affiliates. I am a paid actor.)

This was recorded in 1928.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Just like high school, the popular kids would pick on us if'n we didn't do it their way or buy their brand or from their vendor. :giggle:

I don't visit the DYI section much anymore but there appears to more diversity now-a-days. The OP would have have been browbeat into submission if he'd have posted this thread a couple years ago. :p

Pretty much. Then again.. I have always ignored that.. I did enjoy a few threads, but then I got busy..
I pop in when I can, I attempt to help.. but I can not repair, fix nor promise that what I like, someone else might too.. especially when the feedback is nill.. without communication, it is what it is.. and yeps.. again.. fine. It works both ways.
Knowing this, and how I have seen things in the last 8+ yrs.. my give a damn is so busted.. I doubt it will ever be fixed too.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hahahaha ok ok Ill jump in because of all the "shill" remarks. First I'll say I agree with the OP that DIY is all about how you like it, that's the whole point right? I remember a time where I was called a shill by some folks, some that are in this very thread now because I said I liked Vaperstek nicotine the best and so when I came across threads that were talking about nicotine I said I liked vaperstek every time because that was my opinion. You will learn if you are on these forums very long there are many people who just can't handle someone having a different opinion than theirs so they will go very much out of their way to make sure and tell you that your opinion is wrong.

The original post though cant be any more true, If you like INW 2 apples at 16% and I like it at 1% that doesn't make either one of us right it just proves without a doubt that we all have very different taste and opinions. I think steeping is pointless and also agree if it is not good shake and vape its not going to be good next month or 3 months down the road but if someone like to give it time to steep then that's perfectly fine as well and I wouldn't tell them they are wrong. Every post just about in this whole forum is opinion and we all know what opinions are like, everyone has one.

Another thing is taste change! Imagine that, my style of mixing has gone through many variations and I will no doubt change my style many more times in the future. My style of vaping has also seen many changes from cig a like vapes to ego twist to kanger tanks and RDA's and this changes mixing factors, for me anyway. Back in 2013 20% flavoring was where it was at, that was the norm and what everyone followed and as I grew as a mixer and my deceives changed I learned I needed less flavoring for personal success. I have recipes that vary from 4 flavors equaling 2% flavoring and recipes that have 10 flavors coming out to 14% of the total mix being flavoring. The key to making great DIY is to not follow everyone's "rules" but to experiment and learn your flavors. The biggest problem with DIY these days is there is to much information almost and to many people saying their way is the only way and no one is actually learning their flavors and how to use them. reviews and recipes should only be used as guidelines for experimentation.

My opinion anyway

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hahahaha ok ok Ill jump in because of all the "shill" remarks. First I'll say I agree with the OP that DIY is all about how you like it, that's the whole point right? I remember a time where I was called a shill by some folks, some that are in this very thread now because I said I liked Vaperstek nicotine the best and so when I came across threads that were talking about nicotine I said I liked vaperstek every time because that was my opinion. You will learn if you are on these forums very long there are many people who just can't handle someone having a different opinion than theirs so they will go very much out of their way to make sure and tell you that your opinion is wrong.

Don't forget those VT German flavors Kevin came out with. Didn't you "review" all those flavors before anybody else could get 'em?

Twasn't just nicotine you had a hard on for. ;)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Don't forget those VT German flavors Kevin came out with. Didn't you "review" all those flavors before anybody else could get 'em?

Twasn't just nicotine you had a hard on for. ;)
I reviewed 3 http://vapingunderground.com/threads/german-flavors-from-vaperstek-reviews-by-wllmc.42991/ I happen to have the receipt for those 3 flavors I bought and paid for when they came out. Again people assume a lot of things. I've actually been given very few things and have given more away than anyone probably. Ive given away over $100.00 dollars worth of free flavoring out of my own pocket and at least 2 gallons of free juice to people that cant afford it this month alone. but I want to see them keep vaping so I help. I do that with flavor reviews also, I give my opinion on them because not everyone can run out and buy everything when it comes out and I have a bad habit of buying flavors so I sometimes give opinions on how they taste to me. which I do very few of actually in comparison to 90% of all reviewers but when I said I liked Vaperstek nicotine the best its because I like it the best lol.

Attachments

• Vapers Tek -.pdf
    233.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Latest review by @wllmc ....
"So I just tried these new flavors and man, they're probably the best I've ever had, taste just like the real deal, so smooth and tasty! But I can't tell you what they are or who sells them, and even if you guess what they are I'm not sending you any....enjoy!"
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Latest review by @wllmc ....
"So I just tried these new flavors and man, they're probably the best I've ever had, taste just like the real deal, so smooth and tasty! But I can't tell you what they are or who sells them, and even if you guess what they are I'm not sending you any....enjoy!"
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
if if @wllmc is a shill, he created and sold one of the most popular custard flavors on the market and then after going out of the sales business for himself gave away the recipe. now granted his signature is a total advertisement for BCF. if he shilled for anything it was his own company and now bcf. but go look at his recipes they use flavors from lots of companies. so the argument is mute
in regards to VT nic, he and HIC and a couple others were not alone in singing its praises and to be honest it is good but not $130 a liter good compared to other stuff and low and behold their prices have come way down over the past year or so and are now more in line with other comparable companies nic.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Please elaborate or explain what you mean?

lmao I don't need to explain :p views ratings and the almighty omg this is good stuff says it all ;)

The original post though cant be any more true, If you like INW 2 apples at 16% and I like it at 1% that doesn't make either one of us right it just proves without a doubt that we all have very different taste and opinions. I think steeping is pointless and also agree if it is not good shake and vape its not going to be good next month or 3 months down the road but if someone like to give it time to steep then that's perfectly fine as well and I wouldn't tell them they are wrong. Every post just about in this whole forum is opinion and we all know what opinions are like, everyone has one.

Another thing is taste change! Imagine that, my style of mixing has gone through many variations and I will no doubt change my style many more times in the future. My style of vaping has also seen many changes from cig a like vapes to ego twist to kanger tanks and RDA's and this changes mixing factors, for me anyway. Back in 2013 20% flavoring was where it was at, that was the norm and what everyone followed and as I grew as a mixer and my deceives changed I learned I needed less flavoring for personal success. I have recipes that vary from 4 flavors equaling 2% flavoring and recipes that have 10 flavors coming out to 14% of the total mix being flavoring. The key to making great DIY is to not follow everyone's "rules" but to experiment and learn your flavors. The biggest problem with DIY these days is there is to much information almost and to many people saying their way is the only way and no one is actually learning their flavors and how to use them. reviews and recipes should only be used as guidelines for experimentation.

My opinion anyway

Pretty much what we all say ^^^ @wllmc remember nicvape too? :p

At least you missed that Alterna train I had going for a bit, till lab results ruled it was more than 50% water.. and yes I still have those results!!

What kills me is when someone posts up a help fix my mix.. its too much granola in my blueberry.. common sense says lower granola.. but then again.. posts were like add apple to it or banana to make the blueberry pop.. well it wont help if then granola is eating the blueberry before you do.. but yet.. hey Smoky stays in the wrong.. lol.. gota love diy.. and the people that assume too much :)

anyways.. yeah I needed this good laugh.. funny to see old and new people (to me) laughing and cutting up.. this is what diy to me is about.. having fun, not complaining.. screw up? hell do another 50 renditions.. it's not like one goes out and buys 50 premade juices at cost.. gesh.. lighten up and learn a bit.. ya might get surprised but then again, come at it with the wrong perspective.. and yeps... ya wont get nada but a headache.. :p

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
if if @wllmc is a shill, he created and sold one of the most popular custard flavors on the market and then after going out of the sales business for himself gave away the recipe. now granted his signature is a total advertisement for BCF. if he shilled for anything it was his own company and now bcf. but go look at his recipes they use flavors from lots of companies. so the argument is mute
in regards to VT nic, he and HIC and a couple others were not alone in singing its praises and to be honest it is good but not $130 a liter good compared to other stuff and low and behold their prices have come way down over the past year or so and are now more in line with other comparable companies nic.
Hey Matt! Hope all is well man. All this is very true :) I dont think it could be defined as a shill though but I get what you are saying.

Shill - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill
A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization.

Everyone knows I work for BCF :)

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everyone knows I work for BCF

Assuming "everyone knows" is not the same as disclosing that you have a close relationship with the person or organization. I didn't know, as in I never saw a post from you saying it. I suspected.

You have no "VU Vendor Employee" banner as do many on this forum. All you disclose in most of your posts is the links you use as a signature.

That is, by definition, a shill. ;)

And that is all I said, from the beginning in this thread. There are shills in the DIY section. I didn't name any names.

Last edited:

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Assuming "everyone knows" is not the same as disclosing that you have a close relationship with the person or organization. I didn't know, as in I never saw a post from you saying it. I suspected.

You have no "VU Vendor Employee" banner as do many on this forum. All you disclose in most of your posts is the links you use as a signature.

That is, by definition, a shill. ;)

Yer a lil paranoid, there is no conspiracy...
I've heard him discuss and refer to his relationship w/ BCF many times.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yer a lil paranoid, there is no conspiracy...
I've heard him discuss and refer to his relationship w/ BCF many times.

Who said anything about a conspiracy?

I said he is a shill. ;)

Being popular doesn't make him less of shill. To the contrary, it makes him a good shill.

Nobody is going to use a shill that nobody pays attention to. :giggle:

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
lmao I don't need to explain :p views ratings and the almighty omg this is good stuff says it all ;)

At least you missed that Alterna train I had going for a bit, till lab results ruled it was more than 50% water.. and yes I still have those results!!

I did miss all this, you are going to have to fill me in someday, Now I am curious lol

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I said he is a shill. ;)
And you were factually incorrect. Your claim fails to meet the definition of shill.
...without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization.

A shill, by definition is a liar, a rat with a false interest and a hidden agenda.
That has simply never happened. He in my reading has never hidden his involvement
in whatever companies in the vaping industry. You would know that if you had read more.

On the upside, your claim does meet the standard for hysterical false accusations.
willy_nilly.gif
willy_nilly.gif

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And you were factually incorrect. Your claim fails to meet the definition of shill.

A shill, by definition is a liar, a rat with a false interest and a hidden agenda.
That has simply never happened. He in my reading has never hidden his involvement
in whatever companies in the vaping industry. You would know that if you had read more.

On the upside, your claim does meet the standard for hysterical false accusations.
willy_nilly.gif
willy_nilly.gif

LOL.

You flip a definition like ej. You wanna tell me what "murder" is too?

From Meriam-Webster(an actual dictionary, not wikipedia)

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/shill

Definition of shill
intransitive verb
1 : to act as a shill
2 : to act as a spokesperson or promoter
  • the eminent Shakespearean producer … is now shilling for a brokerage house
  • —Andy Rooney
Definition of shill
1 a : one who acts as a decoy (as for a pitchman or gambler)
b : one who makes a sales pitch or serves as a promoter
2 : pitch 8a

Anything else you want to teach me about language and what words mean grandpa?

Last edited:

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay time, whatever you say... he's a shill. :crazy:

He's one of those ebil low-percentage mixers that have infiltrated our ranks
in order to spy on us high percentage mixers and control our thoughts and then
somehow profit obscenely by selling 70% less flavor than before... :confused:

Time for pill call dude...

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

LOL.

He works and shills for BCF.

What the fuck does mixing percents have to do with it? That's all you and Burley talking about percents. All I said is that there are shills in the DIY forum.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What the fuck does mixing percents have to do with it? That's all you and Burley talking about percents. All I said is that there are shills in the DIY forum.
You said-
"There are shills that started the low percentage trend. Whether you want to accept it or not."

I wanted to understand your theory. I think I know why you said it now.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I did miss all this, you are going to have to fill me in someday, Now I am curious lol

I will.. one of these days :popcorn:

I'd write a tell all book, but I'd def have to change names and give a who is who directory before the book ever started :bingo:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

:giggle:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I will.. one of these days :popcorn:

I'd write a tell all book, but I'd def have to change names and give a who is who directory before the book ever started :bingo:
lol sounds even more interesting now

VU Sponsors