Become a Patron!

Ditching the drill for building

Dikinalaska

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So I've been vaping in some fashion for quite a while, but just recently gotten into building. Last night, while not able to build because the wife was asleep, I realized how much I hate the sound of the drill going for that long. I decided to brainstorm, and came up with a pretty silent solution. It's a rotary tattoo machine I had laying around as a spare, some pieces from my RC hobby, and a little ingenuity. I haven't mounted it yet, but just ran a little proof of concept and am quite pleased. I only have 26, but it looks like it'd fit 4 bare strands in it. I don't much build more than 2 strand cores anyway, so if I really want to do something fancy I'll either make a new chick, or just use the drill. With also using my spare tattoo power station, I have a foot pedal on/off switch, and a simple dial for variable speed. I'm super excited about it, so I had to share. I've been a lurker around for a long while, but not a member for long. Finally had something I felt was worth posting lol. What do you guys think?
2474d3af238a68203471e3ea4e81649c.jpg

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
All I ever do is wrap a single strand around a 3mm screwdriver, so I'm certainly no judge. I did enjoy reading your post, though. Glad you're stepping into the ring :)

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's pretty ingenious. I know I never would have thought of it. Never know. Making and selling those could be a decent little side business.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool, but I just use a coilmaster tool and roundwire.
Fancy as I go is a parallel coil.
Kind of an unfused, unclaptoned coil.

Vapes good, quick, easy and cheap.
And easier to clean as well.

VU Sponsors