Become a Patron!

Diluting premixed vg/pg with nic already included

This is my first post and try at mixing my own liquids. I've recently purchased 50/50 nic solution and honestly don't know how to come up with dilution measurements. Mixture purchased is a 1 liter with nic level of 12 and lower. CAn anyone tell me how to dilute this mixture to begin adding flavor?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You have 12mg nic at 50/50, and you want to dilute it?

What nic strength are you going for? Also, do you have an eliquid calculator?

Moving thread to DIY General Discussion.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, the "liter of nic with 12 and lower" is confusing me too..LOL Sounds like you definitely need a calculator. Makes life much simpler :)

You'll get tons of suggestions. Here is a link to the one I use:

http://ecigvape.com/e_liquid_calculator.php

It'll do 10 flavors but you can set it to however many flavors you want to use.

Sorry for the confusion, I have nic levels of 12, 6 and 0. The bottle says to shake well and dilute before use. I wasn't sure if I had to add anything other than flavoring before I could vape or if I could just add flavoring. I hope this helps

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That doesn't make sense. You have 1 liter of nic. What mg is that bottle? Or do you have 3 liters of nic? One at each strength? If so..biiiiiiiiig over purchase..LOL

Cjn4697

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is my first post and try at mixing my own liquids. I've recently purchased 50/50 nic solution and honestly don't know how to come up with dilution measurements. Mixture purchased is a 1 liter with nic level of 12 and lower. CAn anyone tell me how to dilute this mixture to begin adding flavor?
Ejuice recipes is what I use to make my own. It's simple to use. Let me know how you make out

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess it would depend on what nic level you wanted your juice to be. If you're aiming for around where the bottles are, 12 or 6, you should be fine to just add the flavorings - it'll lean heavier on PG and your ratio will probably end up being 11, 10 or 5-ish, depending.

If you're looking for, say, 3mg - half-n-half the 6 and 0.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, what strength are you shooting for? It really bums me out when people go spend hundreds of dollars and THEN decide to ask the most basic of questions. There is SO much info in this DIY section and all anybody needs to do is READ. You could have bought 1 liter of 100mg nic, a couple liters of PG/VG and all you would have had to do was add your flavors. Please tell me you didn't go buy a ridiculous amount of flavoring that you never tried just because it "sounded good". Seriously man, don't do ANYTHING else until you post first what you're goal is and second what you've bought. I'm not trying to make you feel bad, but you just need to STOP for a second.

I appreciate all comments received and no I have not spent loads of money on liquids or pg/vp mixed with nicotine! The main question was considering I already bought premixed pg/vg with nic already included did I need to dilute with additional water or just flavoring, Burley answered my question. Again thanks to all for posts I will stay updated here for future references.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hope everything goes well for ya man. I really do hope you read a lot of the DIY section before you go make a major purchase like that again. Best advice is get familiar with the calculators, read everything you can about flavorings (here you will find that most of us you Flavourart flavorings), and browse the available recipes to see what appeals to you. Order small samples and try the recipes before you commit to even 30 ml flavorings. That'll save you money going forward since you have enough nic for about 4 years..lol :)

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One Lt of 0 nic???? Hope you did not pay to much for that.

I noticed that too. This scares me. What if he actually got a deal like the MFS 100mg nic for $50 and has no clue what he's even working with? Dude needs to take a step back and learn A LOT before he tries to start mixing. Just sayin'

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe, but remember we were all young and ... foolhardy at one point or another. I certainly have war stories about making dumb, blind purchases that didn't pan out the way I was thinking it would. Hopefully he continues on and learns a bit more and gets some kickin' combos that he'll both enjoy and be proud of - after all, practice makes perfect.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I noticed that too. This scares me. What if he actually got a deal like the MFS 100mg nic for $50 and has no clue what he's even working with? Dude needs to take a step back and learn A LOT before he tries to start mixing. Just sayin'
Agreed. There's something seriously wrong here, imho.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I don't know why it bugs me so much. I just think back to all the damn money I wasted when I started DIY and I try to relate that experience to newbs. It looks so "cheap" when you can get 120 mls of flavor for $10-$15 but as we all know, that can add up to LOTS of waste really fast. The nic just concerned me because I would hate to hear that anybody made themselves sick because they didn't do some simple reading. Oh well, live and learn :)

VU Sponsors