Become a Patron!

DIGIFLAVOR Themis Dual coil - Spitting issue

Hello,

I am having an issue with the atomiser, Themis dual coil, as it spits horribly if it's more than 60% full.
I've changed the cotton, tinkered with it's density, changed the coils, tinkered with the coil height, and still, the same issue.

Please, any advice, it is a good advice!

P.S. I went with it to a vape shop and they said the build was correct, they changed the cotton, and still, same issue.
I changed the driper to the 510 to no avail, as the spitting still happens.

The juice is 97%VG 3%PG
Also, i tried with 70%VG 30%PG < seems to be worse
Tried 85%VG 15%water < seems to be even worse.

HELP!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hello,

I am having an issue with the atomiser, Themis dual coil, as it spits horribly if it's more than 60% full.
I've changed the cotton, tinkered with it's density, changed the coils, tinkered with the coil height, and still, the same issue.

Please, any advice, it is a good advice!

P.S. I went with it to a vape shop and they said the build was correct, they changed the cotton, and still, same issue.
I changed the driper to the 510 to no avail, as the spitting still happens.

The juice is 97%VG 3%PG
Also, i tried with 70%VG 30%PG < seems to be worse
Tried 85%VG 15%water < seems to be even worse.

HELP!

I have a few atties that seem to spit no matter what, but others I have been able to remedy with a different build or a thicker wick.

Twisted wire coils seem particularly bad to spit.

I read somewhere and it seems to make sense, that in some instances spitting is caused by the wick not coming into close enough contact with the coil. That allows for spaces where liquid accumulates. When power is applied, that liquid boils and pops rather than vaporizing like it should. While you don't want to overstuff your coil with cotton, you want to be sure that there isn't space between the cotton and the coil after the cotton is primed with liquid.

The next thing is you want to be sure that you are using enough wattage for your coil. If wattage is very low, some coils will spit. What is the resistance of your coils and what wattage are you using?

VU Sponsors