Become a Patron!

Different tanks still burnt flavor

I bought an ileaf 60w. I've tried several tanks with it, and they all end up tasting burnt.

Tanks I've tried:
Uwell Crown(accidentally bought a clone from royal vapes) - worked for 1 day then tasted burnt
Aspire nautilus - worked for about 1 day then started tasting burnt
Aspire Triton 2 - Works for about 3 hours than tastes burnt
Melo 2 - Niece knocked it off the table and broke glass before i even used it. LOL

Triton 2 experience(last tank i bought)- After reading forums i replaced my juice with a 65pg/35vg blend, so it would be thinner. Coil is .5 ohm clapton coil. I dabbed juice in the open ports on the coil. I let it sit once for about 30 minutes. Started vaping around recommended 40w for tank. Still tasted burnt after about half a tank. Replaced coil dabbed ports then let soak all night. Started vaping around 25w. Tasted burnt after about a half of a tank.

I'm more of a direct to lung vaper. Oddly enough i'm a mouth to lung ciggarette smoker.

I can't get past the nasty burnt taste, so i'm about to give up on vaping. Unless i can figure out what i'm doing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Start your wattage lower, increase it slowly, then back off once you start getting that taste. You'll likely need to start with a fresh coil. Once the cotton gets burnt up, there's no recovering from it.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There is a slight break in period for each coil head. That taste might just be the coil breaking in. Burnt hit is super harsh.

There is a slight break in period for each coil head. That taste might just be the coil breaking in. Burnt hit is super harsh.
this makes sense. It doesnt really taste like burnt cotton. Tastes more like what i would imagine burnt wires taste like. Its not super harsh, so i dont really cough.

I think i will try to power through the nasty taste. Anyway to speed up the process of breaking in a coil?

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just toke without firing and fire it for a few seconds while blowing indirectly into the drip tip over and over. The taste slowly fades away with this. Would love to know a faster method though. Letting it sit for an hour also helps (depending on your tank)

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It appears you're building your own. Are you pulsing your coils before wicking them?

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
this makes sense. It doesnt really taste like burnt cotton. Tastes more like what i would imagine burnt wires taste like. Its not super harsh, so i dont really cough.

I think i will try to power through the nasty taste. Anyway to speed up the process of breaking in a coil?

Not really. It shouldn't take too long. Just try to go at a lower wattage for a bit until it is good and saturated then cut it loose.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Could also be the juice. Some flavors like chocolate start to go burnt around 60w or so. However, I will eat chocolate to keep vapers tongue away.

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Maybe try taking it to a vapor shop and see if they can find out if you are actually at 40 watts. Maybe there is a malfunction on your mod. Also I would suggest starting at your lowest wattage for your tank and then go from there. Make sure the right coil is in there too. Depending on which coil you are using will make a huge difference of what wattage you should be at. Your can ruin a cool pretty quick by being up to high

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
Maybe try taking it to a vapor shop and see if they can find out if you are actually at 40 watts. Maybe there is a malfunction on your mod. Also I would suggest starting at your lowest wattage for your tank and then go from there. Make sure the right coil is in there too. Depending on which coil you are using will make a huge difference of what wattage you should be at. Your can ruin a cool pretty quick by being up to high

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Considering the number of tanks you experienced this on, I would agree with taking it to a shop and have them check it out for you.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm thinking it's operator failure.
Going to agree here. Far more likely culprit. Some coils just taste like shit until they are broken in. You'll definitely know a dry hit when you get one, it your face isn't cringing and you don't want to dispose of your lungs immediately, you're not getting that traditional dry hit

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you place 2-3 drops to the coil area and a drop on each juice hole it should taste okay. Most pre made coil only lasted me a week or so and that's why I went to the Aromamizer . Coils are expensive!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors