Become a Patron!

Different coils...

Ok, so I have a question about different coils... Whats the advantage between these different coils? I understand that lower the resistance lower the ohm hotter the coil giving a different cloud different flavor...
I have a smok procolor 225w with samsung 18650 3.7V 2500mah batteries
I have 3 tanks:
Smok TFV8 with the rebuildable deck
Kylin RTA
iJoy Combo RDTA
Id like to keep my wattage between 80-110 for battery life. With the best flavor with the best cloud...

Quad coil 5 wraps .36 Ohm
Flat twisted 5 Wraps .36 Ohm
Tiger 6 Wraps .36 Ohm

Fused Clapton 5 Wraps .45 Ohm
Mix twisted 5 Wraps .45 Ohm
Alain clapton 5 Wraps .45 Ohm

Hive 5 Wraps .5 Ohm

Clapton 6 Wraps .85 Ohm

What are the real differences between these... What coil would you all recommend with my setups?

Thanks,

Last edited:

randallpiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nicotine content would help.
If you use nicotine & still feel the need to sub-ohm at 80-110w, I definitely can't help you.
I've never been over 15w & never intend to.
Don't worry, they'll be some zero nicotine cloud chucker brothers here to give you advice.
My advice is to quit vaping because you're obviously not using nicotine.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I understand that lower the resistance lower the ohm hotter the coil giving a different cloud different flavor...

Lower Ohms does not equal a hotter vape it is how you use a coil that determines how it vapes. Recommended wattage does not mean you have to vape at that wattage. Good Luck

Nicotine content would help.
If you use nicotine & still feel the need to sub-ohm at 80-110w, I definitely can't help you.
I've never been over 15w & never intend to.
Don't worry, they'll be some zero nicotine cloud chucker brothers here to give you advice.
My advice is to quit vaping because you're obviously not using nicotine.

I started on on 6mg worked my way down to 3mg. Yes, I am working on quitting but at the same time I enjoy vaping.

Lower Ohms does not equal a hotter vape it is how you use a coil that determines how it vapes. Recommended wattage does not mean you have to vape at that wattage. Good Luck
I made my own coil... 2x24 twisted together with a drill wrapped 5 wraps. My mod is omh .105 sitting at 98.2W. I get good flavor good cloud. But the first time I hit it after waiting awhile is weak. I need the coils to warm up and I'm good. If I raise up the Watt to 135-140W the first hit is better but after that the coil is too hot.

VU Sponsors