Become a Patron!

Different batteries in a Box Mod?

Hey guys, so my friend built me a box mod and gave it to me, I was wondering, because the pair of batteries of I have now one falls below 3v, before the other one hits 4v.. it charges to 4.2, I was wondering if I could use one sony vc4, and a LG 18650.. would that work or harm it in anyway??

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bad idea. They should be a matched pair, bought together, always kept together and charged together. Mark them 1 and 2 and alternate their position in the mod each time they are freshly charged and reinstalled. If there is that much difference either the batteries or the mod have an issue.

Last edited:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What @Lefty said. But if your friend built this box, I've got to wonder if maybe he got something wrong, unless maybe you weren't using a matched set of brand-new batteries from the start for the mod?

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree with the guys above...is the box wired for series or parallel? if it's wired for parallel either a battery is failing or there is a bad connection somewhere because the draw is uneven...and if it's wired for series the problem could be that much more severe...I would get a fresh pair of batteries for that mod, actually I would get two fresh pairs so you always have a charged set and I would have your friend look over his work ASAP to make sure he doesn't have a bad connection or a short somewhere before the problem becomes worse than a battery being drained unevenly...I would also rotate battery positions every charge so the batteries are being drained as evenly as humanly (or batteryly?) as possible

VU Sponsors