Become a Patron!

Difference between same ohm # MTL vs Direct?

Hey I just got my first vape 3 days ago, an Aegis mini. I purchased the Nicolas MTL tank which came with a 1.8 and a .6 coil.

I was using the 1.8 which got messed up somehow after 24 hours maybe oversaturated? No idea. Either way now I'm using the .6

What I'd like to know is the difference between lets say this .6 coil and MTL tank and using a regular .6 on the cerberus tank which came with the mod?

Just higher power -> more vapor? And thats not so suitable for higher nic content compared to 3%?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The cerberus tank looks as though it uses mesh coils. You still might be able to use other coils in it. I do not know because I vape RDAs, not tanks. Not vaped much mesh either save for once in a Smoke Tech RSST Genny. I didn't get over enthused by it.

I think you'd be alright using the .6 coil if the tank will accept it. I couldn't really tell you too much difference from DL and MTL, one you draw straight into your lungs. The other you draw into your mouth and hold it prior to the lungs. To me both ways come through your mouth, it's just a matter of your personal technique in how they vape.

If you're only using 3mg nicotine per ml of juice, you ought not get too much of a harsh throat. I vape 18 mg per ml and do alright.

That's a bigger question than it seems like :)

I agree as well. *chuckles*

The cerberus has .3's and look double the width as the MTL coils in the nicolas so I assume that means more flow and the higher power means more vapor so overall it just means a lot more air and vapor in a drag?

Oh right I forgot also the juice is 50/50 which I guess might not work well in the cerb tank.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well I only vape 50/50 juice in everything. Not thin enough to cause leaks, not thick enough to cause dry hits. As others have said; this particular question could spawn pages of analysis and even some debate. That being said, here's my 2 cents. I use a Steam Crave Aromamizer Lite frequently. It can be utilized as a DL or MTL RTA. I use it both ways, depending on my mood. I vape 6mg eliquid I make myself. I don't change juice or the coil when I switch from DL to MTL. The coil has a resistance of .20 ohms, and I power it with usually around 50 watts.
fbf5e5785ce55b1abb3912a45f41e40f.jpg

The Wire Spider

101vape

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's about the type of inhale you get. One is not better than the other. Just different styles of inhale.

MTL = Mouth to Lung = Tighter airflow. Doesn't use as much juice, but definitely a weaker inhale.
DL = Direct Lung = Wide airflow. Uses more juice. Bigger clouds though.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Restricted Air Flow and Unrestricted Air Flow is the only difference IMO there is no such animal as Direct To Lung unless of course you happen to have a chest tube. Just because I hold a puff in my mouth or not it is still going through my mouth and throat before my lungs.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
In most cases if its single
Cool or mesh, the lower the number the lower the resistance, hence re more power is needed to push the coil.
Additional, in most cases, the lower the number the wider the inner diameter of the coil is; hence allowing more air to push the coil.

Direct lung and “clouds bro” vaping generally relies on:
Low resistance
High power
High airflow
And coil placement.

Mtl is usually
Close to or above 1 ohm resistance
Tighter airflow
Lower power
And
Coil placements

If it’s multi coil you’ll probably have several smaller diameter airflow coils with a larger chimney.

Notice I did not say anything as a definite: there is none.
Some wire materials are lower resistance by design and there are several ways to decrease airflow in some gear.

There is also no wrong way to
Vape:
If you enjoy what you’re doing, than keep doing it.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well I only vape 50/50 juice in everything. Not thin enough to cause leaks, not thick enough to cause dry hits. As others have said; this particular question could spawn pages of analysis and even some debate. That being said, here's my 2 cents. I use a Steam Crave Aromamizer Lite frequently. It can be utilized as a DL or MTL RTA. I use it both ways, depending on my mood. I vape 6mg eliquid I make myself. I don't change juice or the coil when I switch from DL to MTL. The coil has a resistance of .20 ohms, and I power it with usually around 50 watts.
fbf5e5785ce55b1abb3912a45f41e40f.jpg

The Wire Spider
What mod is that?

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What mod is that?
That is the Pug by Vapergate. 80 watts, power only, internal 2800 mah battery. 3 charging ports: micro USB, type C USB, Apple Lightning port.

The Wire Spider

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That is the Pug by Vapergate. 80 watts, power only, internal 2800 mah battery. 3 charging ports: micro USB, type C USB, Apple Lightning port.

The Wire Spider
I like the way it looks. Hows it work? Bat life?

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I get a full day of regular vaping at 50-60 watts! The only cons I found is that the finish is a tad shoddy for a pricey device (~$65-$70), and the buttons rattle like a 10 year old device. I could have sworn that we were past rattling buttons...but overall, it's a great little mod if you overlook the nitpicky shit!

The Wire Spider

VU Sponsors