Become a Patron!

Didn't fall off of the wagon!

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, it's been 23 days since I've been a full-blown smoker. It's also been 16 days since I've had A cigarette.

The last one I had was on my 30th (16 days ago) when I had a LOT to drink (and I only had one) and was still relying on my ego/Protank combo. Before that was three days earlier when I rode my motorcycle to work. Yes, I was such a die-hard that I even lit up on my bike. Anyway being that it is impossible for me to vape on my bike I had a cig on the way to work and on the way home.

So today I rode my bike and, well I had a couple cigs in a case that I decided to bring with me. I lit up in the driveway and...well...it was absolutely disgusting. I chucked it after about 4 drags. It just felt like it wasn't doing the same thing it used to. No euphoric rush, no semblance of good taste, just smoke and disgustingness and a reek that has just started to fade 5 hours later.

Some people would consider this a "slip-up", I consider it an epiphany. The thing that brought me so much joy, the "friend" that was always there, is dead. It even tried to play the same game it played before with the 'cig-withdrawl' whatnot, but I don't play that game anymore.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, sounds like me, I had 1 about a week after I bought my good set up, 1 drag.....and it made me gag, haven't had one since and don't plan on it. The smell of them makes me sick now and I feel so damn much better.....it's all down hill from here brother!!!!!!!:)

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used to get the amazing first drag, pig barn second drag when I was on Chantix. What a wonderful drug that was........

It's happened the last few times I've smoked. Unless Marlboro started filling their smooths with pig dung and floor cleaner.

Wait, they already do that don't they?

My advice is to commit to vaping. I haven't had a stick for almost 3 years because of vaping. I can smell CIG smoke a mile away now and it's bothersome when I'm in its immediate vicinity (since vaping is somewhat restricted to smoking areas here in California). When you really get into it becomes a hobby with all the devices & juices. But the key is to cut down on the nicotine level gradually. I started at 12mg and I'm now at 3mg. Eventually I want to get to zero then maybe even stop altogether. But I enjoy it for now!

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could probably stand to go to 3mg right now, but I bought 5 30ml bottles of juice.

I suppose I could cut them a little bit with some VG when they get down a little more.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My LAST cigarette was the most depressing moment I've had in a long time lol

I dual used for a few weeks. Then stopped, and was strictly vape for about 3 weeks. Then I got in a stressful situation, bought a pack. Fired it up, by the third hit I was wondering if the damn thing had went out. Zero taste, no throat/lung hit. So I tossed them.

And now, every time the urge hits. I just remind myself what the last one "didn't" do for me. Hit my mod a couple of times. And everything is right with the world again. :)

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My LAST cigarette was the most depressing moment I've had in a long time lol

I dual used for a few weeks. Then stopped, and was strictly vape for about 3 weeks. Then I got in a stressful situation, bought a pack. Fired it up, by the third hit I was wondering if the damn thing had went out. Zero taste, no throat/lung hit. So I tossed them.

And now, every time the urge hits. I just remind myself what the last one "didn't" do for me. Hit my mod a couple of times. And everything is right with the world again. :)
This is exactly what happened to me yesterday. Like smoking ass flavored air.

I had no desire to have a repeat performance on the way home. I just waited to get home to have a vape.

If only more smokers knew about vaping... Except that if the majority of smokers quit cigarettes and started vaping Big Tobacco would be pissed off and Big Tobacco has lots of things us vapers and the people that make and sell the equipment we use don't have:

Money, lawyers, and lobbyists.

If they lose a bunch of their "loyal" customers they can have the power to legislate away our exponentially safer (and better) hobby/habit.

I know that RJ Reynolds and Phillip Morris have thrown their hats into the ring with their cig-alike e-cigs, but you know they'd ditch them in a heartbeat if the FDA says no more e-cigs.

I don't think it'll happen; I think we're past the point of no return now.

eruptedvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Never think of it is a loss. When people think they've slipped up, they tend to just think "Screw it." It's a win. You figured something out on your journey to being done entirely.

Congratulations you!

Justin with Erupted Vapor

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha, I had one or two of those moments a few months after vaping exclusively. I was in dire need of an upgrade. My VV ego/kanger T3 wasn't doing it for me anymore.

The first few puffs were actually pretty enjoyable, but it started getting less tolerable towards the middle. By the time I got through about 3/5ths of it, I got a terrible headache and started feeling nauseated. If I vape enough 6mg juice, I can get a nic buzz. This felt more like mild poisoning.

The smell it left on me was probably the worst part about it. I couldn't stand it wafting up from my shirt. It was irritating my eyes. I hated the grimy, smelly fingertips, too. My nose clogged right up and I had to clear white mucus out of my throat. My chest felt a little bit tight. The next morning, I hocked up a few dense, compacted greenish brown globs. I don't know how I ever put up with that. Just one fucked me up, left, down, and right.

That's when I knew for sure that I wasn't going back. I had to laugh at myself for guilt-tripping over having intermittent cravings and worrying that I might slip up. I was making it bigger than it was in reality and operating as though it was still a challenge for me to not smoke. Trying to finish a cigarette was more of a challenge than anything.

I never craved a cigarette again after that. That experience imparted upon me such a negative connotation with the act of smoking that I couldn't stand to be around cigarette smoke. Seeing somebody smoke reminded me of it far too much for my liking.

My first vaping convert recently had this epiphany - more than a year after making the switch. He smoked a Newport at work because he was broke and had no juice. He hated it so much that he was begging me for juice when he got home. I laughed and told him to just ask me right away next time.

I don't think it'll happen; I think we're past the point of no return now.
Agreed. At this point, vaping is a billion-dollar, multinational industry. It's getting almost to big to fail. My biggest concern now is over-regulation which would serve to present major challenges to smaller vape companies, hinder availability of vaping devices as well as the development of new technology, and make vaping a less affordable option. I don't think I'm being pessimistic in seeing that as a possibility. I believe that vaping is more than likely here to stay, albeit with a caveat. Although our liberties as vapers are not in jeopardy right now, they are still being threatened.

eruptedvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haha, I had one or two of those moments a few months after vaping exclusively. I was in dire need of an upgrade. My VV ego/kanger T3 wasn't doing it for me anymore.

The first few puffs were actually pretty enjoyable, but it started getting less tolerable towards the middle. By the time I got through about 3/5ths of it, I got a terrible headache and started feeling nauseated. If I vape enough 6mg juice, I can get a nic buzz. This felt more like mild poisoning.

The smell it left on me was probably the worst part about it. I couldn't stand it wafting up from my shirt. It was irritating my eyes. I hated the grimy, smelly fingertips, too. My nose clogged right up and I had to clear white mucus out of my throat. My chest felt a little bit tight. The next morning, I hocked up a few dense, compacted greenish brown globs. I don't know how I ever put up with that. Just one fucked me up, left, down, and right.

That's when I knew for sure that I wasn't going back. I had to laugh at myself for guilt-tripping over having intermittent cravings and worrying that I might slip up. I was making it bigger than it was in reality and operating as though it was still a challenge for me to not smoke. Trying to finish a cigarette was more of a challenge than anything.

I never craved a cigarette again after that. That experience imparted upon me such a negative connotation with the act of smoking that I couldn't stand to be around cigarette smoke. Seeing somebody smoke reminded me of it far too much for my liking.

My first vaping convert recently had this epiphany - more than a year after making the switch. He smoked a Newport at work because he was broke and had no juice. He hated it so much that he was begging me for juice when he got home. I laughed and told him to just ask me right away next time.

Agreed. At this point, vaping is a billion-dollar, multinational industry. It's getting almost to big to fail. My biggest concern now is over-regulation which would serve to present major challenges to smaller vape companies, hinder availability of vaping devices as well as the development of new technology, and make vaping a less affordable option. I don't think I'm being pessimistic in seeing that as a possibility. I believe that vaping is more than likely here to stay, albeit with a caveat. Although our liberties as vapers are not in jeopardy right now, they are still being threatened.

Let us all remember that the louder we are as a community, the more we will be heard and the more people will come to agree with us. We need to advocate for our choices and for this community.

Justin with Erupted Vapor

steven7010

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good for you i have smoked a cig the 1st 2 months i was vapping and yes its so nasty i was like omg i cant bever go back to cigs i mean think about it would you rather taste tobacco cig with nic or strawberry with nic i love to vap and will probably never quit because what i have read and understand from test its way way better and i have to have something to do lol

VU Sponsors