Become a Patron!

Did I ruin my batteries? Boxdrip 160

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
ICRs don't have a very high CDR, is the main problem. 6 amps is fine for a flashlight or laptop; not good at all when you're using a sub-ohm coil which requires very high amperage so the battery doesn't go boom.

The ICR you posted earlier also is a "protected" battery, which are not actually 18650s -- the battery can't be more than 65mm long, or they won't fit in a vape mod. Protected batteries are too long.

Andria

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ICRs don't have a very high CDR, is the main problem. 6 amps is fine for a flashlight or laptop; not good at all when you're using a sub-ohm coil which requires very high amperage so the battery doesn't go boom.

The ICR you posted earlier also is a "protected" battery, which are not actually 18650s -- the battery can't be more than 65mm long, or they won't fit in a vape mod. Protected batteries are too long.

Andria
Interesting thank you.
I don’t understand where your saying it doesn’t fit though, fits perfectly in the slot

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes there is an excellent reason not to use them: they're ICRs, not IMRs nor even INRs. ICRs are NOT!!!!!!!!!! SAFE FOR VAPING!

Andria
I don't know what the difference between the Samsung 26F and the Samsung 26FU is. But I do know there exist two different versions of ICR, one of which is considered safe enough for vaping (see the section titled "Bottom Line" on the page linked below), BUT... if we can assume the amp rating of the 26FU is similar to the 26F, then it would be usable only for very low wattage vaping, and, like I said I don't know what the difference between the 26F and the 26FU is... so I still wouldn't risk it.
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...-bench-test-results-just-not-worth-it.773291/

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't know what the difference between the Samsung 26F and the Samsung 26FU is. But I do know there exist two different versions of ICR, one of which is considered safe enough for vaping (see the section titled "Bottom Line" on the page linked below), BUT... if we can assume the amp rating of the 26FU is similar to the 26F, then it would be usable only for very low wattage vaping, and, like I said I don't know what the difference between the 26F and the 26FU is... so I still wouldn't risk it.
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...-bench-test-results-just-not-worth-it.773291/

Well I tell ya what, you go right ahead and try to fit a 69.5mm long battery into a slot meant for a 65mm battery and see how that works.

Andria

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A8051F0A-7283-41C9-9FE0-489BC0470EA0.jpeg
Well I tell ya what, you go right ahead and try to fit a 69.5mm long battery into a slot meant for a 65mm battery and see how that works.

Andria
Again I don’t know where your getting this. It litterally is fitting perfectly into the slot? I don’t know what to tell ya cupcake.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 94770
Again I don’t know where your getting this. It litterally is fitting perfectly into the slot? I don’t know what to tell ya cupcake.
Never mind her... she was just wrongfully assuming your 26FU batteries are button top. The picture you posted very clearly shows they are flat top.
They say 26f not 26fu
I don’t know the difference but it’s not the same battery
That's the real problem. I can't find any info about what this difference might be... so I still would NOT risk using it for vaping, and, even if it turns out the amp rating is the same and it also turns out the voltage sag is also the same, then with two of these batteries you would still have to stay below 30 watts.

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Never mind her... she was just wrongfully assuming your 26FU batteries are button top. The picture you posted very clearly shows they are flat top.

That's the real problem. I can't find any info about what this difference might be... so I still would NOT risk using it for vaping, and, even if it turns out the amp rating is the same and it also turns out the voltage sag is also the same, then with two of these batteries you would still have to stay below 30 watts.
Ok thank you. I will have to wait for new batteries... I think they where sold 1 a peice it’s pictured two batteries and it says “ batteries in the title not battery, I think I may never be able to use this fucking thing
https://www.canadaejuice.com/samsung-30q-18650-3000mah?search=Samsung#intro

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok thank you. I will have to wait for new batteries... I think they where sold 1 a peice it’s pictured two batteries and it says “ batteries in the title not battery, I think I may never be able to use this fucking thing
https://www.canadaejuice.com/samsung-30q-18650-3000mah?search=Samsung#intro
I'm almost certain that is 1 a piece. I don't know how much you pay for local shipping, but I found at least 1 Canadian online vendor that has them cheaper:
https://www.canvape.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Samsung30Q

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
She's trying to tell you in a nice way you're going to blow your fucking lips off. Just listen to the women like a man is supposed to and buy good batteries. Even if the longer batteries fit. From the pics I can see the damage to negative side and the battery wrap itself. Dang .

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
She's trying to tell you in a nice way you're going to blow your fucking lips off. Just listen to the women like a man is supposed to and buy good batteries. Even if the longer batteries fit. From the pics I can see the damage to negative side and the battery wrap itself. Dang .

I don't doubt she was only trying to help. But she was three times incorrect. ;) That Samsung 26FU (FU for 'Fuck You'?) has been spot welded into the pack. Removing it from the pack leaves those marks on the battery contact. They can be sandpapered off, albeit I agree utmost care should be taken with removing a spot welded battery from a pack. However, nothing indicates he did that wrong. For all we know, that dark spot on the battery wrap could be just a tiny piece of debris clinging to it from when he opened the pack. Also, he already got told not to use the batteries for vaping and why. So no need for you to fuck him over with your useless comments after he's already just been fucked over once.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not a moderator here but can some please curb comments so as to have them in this subforum? Thank you. I needed to get into asbestos coveralls there a bit. Rather sure newbies don't need or want to walk through an inferno to ask for a candle.

Nota Bene: I asked nicely & politely, remember the human.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't doubt she was only trying to help. But she was three times incorrect. ;) That Samsung 26FU (FU for 'Fuck You'?) has been spot welded into the pack. Removing it from the pack leaves those marks on the battery contact. They can be sandpapered off, albeit I agree utmost care should be taken with removing a spot welded battery from a pack. However, nothing indicates he did that wrong. For all we know, that dark spot on the battery wrap could be just a tiny piece of debris clinging to it from when he opened the pack. Also, he already got told not to use the batteries for vaping and why. So no need for you to fuck him over with your useless comments after he's already just been fucked over once.
I didn't fuck him over with my comment. He plainly didn't listen and search for any other battery option except the ones he was suggested.asking about laptop batteries and then when told it probably wouldn't fit he has to prove her wrong. Well just because it fits doesn't mean it's good. I can fit my car in the front door of the courthouse but I'm pretty sure it's bit supposed to go there.

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I didn't fuck him over with my comment. He plainly didn't listen and search for any other battery option except the ones he was suggested.asking about laptop batteries and then when told it probably wouldn't fit he has to prove her wrong. Well just because it fits doesn't mean it's good. I can fit my car in the front door of the courthouse but I'm pretty sure it's bit supposed to go there.

She seemed like a know it all like myself and so I had to show her she isn’t talking about the same batteries. I the accepted advice and was not using them. I was then later just interested in the facts.

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your cool I like you, not some internet ego hungry snob. you understand I’m just a intrigued noob that just wants to know facts

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
CAD02662-74EF-48D9-9C43-655A2119D299.jpeg 30DF1213-BFA7-485C-8598-1D044E154343.jpeg
My first coil build and wick. Does it look alright to you guys? Turns red from inside to outside very evenly. More concerned on wicking. Wick look ok? Just thought I’d ask I have time while waiting for batteries to charge up

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Meh I judge people off what they presented them selfs to me as. Thus far he was good to me .
And I judge people by how they treat everyone. I examine myself the same way and boy do I have some work to do. :D
By the way that Samsung 26FU is rated at 6.0 Amps if the specs I found are correct. I wouldnt use that or the VIPOW batteries you were sold. Use the ones a lot of folks recommended here. Good luck :)

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And I judge people by how they treat everyone. I examine myself the same way and boy do I have some work to do. :D
By the way that Samsung 26FU is rated at 6.0 Amps if the specs I found are correct. I wouldnt use that or the VIPOW batteries you were sold. Use the ones a lot of folks recommended here. Good luck :)
Yes, I got new Samsung inr batteries in the mail today work like a charm! As well a fancy ass charger ☺️. Thanks

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Its crappy that there are still B&M's that take advantage of the uneducated vaper. Intentionally selling the wrong batteries says it all to what else they sell that is sub-par just to make the buck. Using the built in mod charger IMO is only for emergencies since some can over charge the battery thus shortening the lifespan of the batt.
I need not add anything to what was already said other than getting the proper batts along with a good charger will save you plenty if grief down the road.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 95115 View attachment 95114
My first coil build and wick. Does it look alright to you guys? Turns red from inside to outside very evenly. More concerned on wicking. Wick look ok? Just thought I’d ask I have time while waiting for batteries to charge up
Do you have a cotton hook? If not, use something like a darning needle underneath the coils to gently comb the wicks downward until no cotton is touching the bottom part of the coils anywhere. It's OK if the ends of the wicks meet below the coil... I find that it tends to hold juice better, and the combing also loosens up the cotton fibers some more at the bottom of the edges of the coil. At the top of the edges I like to carefully poke between the cotton fibers a few times and gently wiggle a tiny little bit to make sure the cotton fibers aren't too heavily compressed in those crucial areas. It's a personal thing, but I find that it wicks better.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Care to tell us where exactly it was that you've found those specs? Or should we judge you by the fact you're just talking out of your ass? :p

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I know it's on the internet. But it isn't 6 amps. ;)
Oh, I could post the link but then you would just say the source isn’t reliable blah blah and keep moving the goalpost because you’re never wrong and then I will say read my original post where I said “if the specs I read are correct” ;) so let’s just assume you’re right and I’m wrong, I have no shortcoming I need to compensate for lol.
If anyone else here would like the link to the specs I read I will be happy to provide the link :)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh, I could post the link but then you would just say the source isn’t reliable blah blah and keep moving the goalpost because you’re never wrong and then I will say read my original post where I said “if the specs I read are correct” ;) so let’s just assume you’re right and I’m wrong, I have no shortcoming I need to compensate for lol.
If anyone else here would like the link to the specs I read I will be happy to provide the link :)
Listen, mate. At this point I couldn't give two hoots about what you think because, to me, personally, the subject of battery safety and battery performance is NOT a game, and, people who spread misinformation/vagueries about batteries for vaping are NOT being helpful to anyone. Mooch asked people to spread the word about battery safety. He didn't ask people to spread their own fantasies about battery safety so go fuck yourself.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Listen, mate. At this point I couldn't give two hoots about what you think because, to me, personally, the subject of battery safety and battery performance is NOT a game, and, people who spread misinformation/vagueries about batteries for vaping are NOT being helpful to anyone. Mooch asked people to spread the word about battery safety. He didn't ask people to spread their own fantasies about battery safety so go fuck yourself.
Did you really just now invoke Mooch? :rolleyes:
Did Mooch tell you to personally attack everyone in this thread who may have been honestly mistaken about something, instead of kindly educating them with the facts that you know? Most of what I read from others in this thread were good recommendations on the batteries to use for vaping. Did Mooch tell you to accuse me of making something up regarding something so benign as seeing the specs of a Samsung 26FU? I didn't mind the last one though I would much rather you come after me than people I like here, I find attacks such as yours amusing, bring it on, lol. But I still wont give you the link ;)

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Did you really just now invoke Mooch? :rolleyes:
Did Mooch tell you to personally attack everyone in this thread who may have been honestly mistaken about something, instead of kindly educating them with the facts that you know? Most of what I read from others in this thread were good recommendations on the batteries to use for vaping. Did Mooch tell you to accuse me of making something up regarding something so benign as seeing the specs of a Samsung 26FU? I didn't mind the last one though I would much rather you come after me than people I like here, I find attacks such as yours amusing, bring it on, lol. But I still wont give you the link ;)
I did not personally attack everyone in this thread who may have been honestly mistaken about something. The facts that I know are that a lot of people on this forum website are spreading misinformation and child fantasies about batteries for vaping when all that those people had to do was read Mooch's blog and watch the multiple video interviews with Mooch on YouTube. If you don't know something about batteries, then the best way for you to help others is to just keep your battery advice to your stupid self and be your own victim of your stupid ignorance and unwillingness to learn stuff from Mooch. Of course you won't give me the link. That's just because if you did decide to give it to me you'd be making a complete ass of yourself once again. The real reason why it's not a 6 amp battery is simply because, until someone like Mooch has tested it, you DON'T KNOW the true amp rating despite that Mooch also has said a lot of these low amp batteries by Samsung share the same datasheet. So go and take your foolish behavior and your massive ego elsewhere, please.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
:D
I did not personally attack everyone in this thread who may have been honestly mistaken about something. The facts that I know are that a lot of people on this forum website are spreading misinformation and child fantasies about batteries for vaping when all that those people had to do was read Mooch's blog and watch the multiple video interviews with Mooch on YouTube. If you don't know something about batteries, then the best way for you to help others is to just keep your battery advice to your stupid self and be your own victim of your stupid ignorance and unwillingness to learn stuff from Mooch. Of course you won't give me the link. That's just because if you did decide to give it to me you'd be making a complete ass of yourself once again. The real reason why it's not a 6 amp battery is simply because, until someone like Mooch has tested it, you DON'T KNOW the true amp rating despite that Mooch also has said a lot of these low amp batteries by Samsung share the same datasheet. So go and take your foolish behavior and your massive ego elsewhere, please.
As predicted, and you didn’t even need the link to dismiss the specs I found sight unseen, haha. I counted 5 “Mooch”s in your post, is he your big brother whose gonna beat me up? :D
As an electrical and controls engineer I like to read Mooch’s testing AND the specs too, but this one he didn’t test. But you weren’t questioning specs, you falsely accused me of making up the fact I found some specs for the Samsung 26FU. I never claimed the specs I found were correct, in fact I added “if the specs I found are correct” so you’re arguing about something you haven’t even seen and something I never claimed lol. You know a lot about batteries, people.... well not so much. And I’m not going anywhere, have a nice day!

Last edited:

VU Sponsors