1. UP FOR A NEW CHALLENGE? CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT

Did I damage my vape ?

Discussion in 'Ask An Expert' started by jesusboy22, Jul 8, 2018.

1. jesusboy22

jesusboy22 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I am very new to vaping and bought a Eleaf iCare 140.

I didn't put any juice into the vape

I tried to turn it on and hold the button (without putting it in my mouth) for a few seconds and I saw smoke come out. The pen now REEKS of smoke, will this smell go away?

2. Tom950

Tom950 VU Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Without juice you basically dry fired and smoked your coil/wick. You have another coil head to put in it ? Next time dont fire wo juice in it

Teresa P and 5150sick like this.
  3. 5150sick

5150sick Under Ground Hustler Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Mod Team Leader

Blog Posts:
    I think you may have fried the coil.

Sometimes the taste will go away or at least get better but you are better off putting a new coil in your tank.

What kind of tank do you have?

Oh Damn. You do mean the tank / coil had smoke coming out and not the mod right?

4. f1r3b1rd

f1r3b1rd Rolling Thunder Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Replace the coil. It should go away with a new coil.

Take out the old one and before you install the new one prime the coil with eliquid. Just a few drops on the head.
    After you fill it with juice take a few puffs without firing the pen and let it sit for a few minutes.
    After that, try it again.

5150sick likes this.
  5. jesusboy22

jesusboy22 New Member

Blog Posts:
    But am I able to still use it?

6. Tom950

Tom950 VU Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    You can juice it up and try it. However it will probably taste like shit. You can always pop a new coil in if it indeed tastes nasty and burnt

Hype and 5150sick like this.
  7. JayyVapes

JayyVapes Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Just a dry fire.. you will have to change the coil because you burnt it. The mod itself is still good to go.