Become a Patron!

device and wattage help

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I recently got an ipv mini 2 as an upgrade to my cloupor zna 50 clone. Since getting this device I've had quite a bit if trouble with my subtank. Ever other day or so I'll be vaping suddenly I get a horrible tasting pull as if the cotton was dry and then every pull thereafter will taste the same until I switch to a new coil this is now the third time in less than week this has happened. Today I remembered this device was 20 watts more powerful and was wondering is it the ipv mini 2 being more powerful burning up these coils? Also are wattage across all devices calibrated to be the same? For example is 22 watts on the ipv mini the same as 22 watts on the cloupor zna? I only vape at about 22 watts never higher but sometime lower. I have posted this in the tanks section as I was originally thinking the issue was the subtank itself or the coils. I've also read the subtank coils can some time not have enough cotton and maybe I have a bad batch. I've just ordered a new batch of coils and a subtank mini to replace the full size subtank to hopefully fix this issue but if it's the mod I can go back to the zna. Sorry if it's sounds like I'm rambling but I am at my watts end with this lol. I appreciate any insight into this issue. Thanks

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You've never been above 22 watts? I'd guess it's bad coils if so. I'm not aware of bad coils being an issue. I hope not.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What e-liquid are you vaping? Dark e-liquids can cause a build up on the coil faster than light ones. Making them not last as long before the taste seems off. Have you tried to build your own coil?

VU Sponsors