Become a Patron!

Desert Legato

Raiden395

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For some reason I've recently become obsessed with tobacco vapes. When I first started vaping I tried a bunch at my local B&M, and like most of you've experienced, most of their repertoire consisted of concoctions primarily composed of massive amounts of TFA tobaccos with overdoses of honey and berries in a futile attempt to capture the bliss of a good tobacco. Thanks to a lot of your recipes, I've been getting a better handle on the tobacco recipes. I'd like to share one with you guys, all FA:

Desert Legato
  • Cuban Supreme 1.50%
  • Shade 1.00%
  • Vanilla Bourbon 1.00%
  • Latakia 0.50%
  • Pear 0.50%
  • Desert Ship 0.25%
Despite the small amount of Desert Ship used, I feel that it really comes through in the end. I'm not a huge fan of Cuban Supreme fresh, but after a few days of steeping the flavors really start to meld together, forming something quite alright in my opinion. It could probably use some playing with, and I'd greatly appreciate any input.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Of all the teeny samples I got in the FA tobaccos, I have all these! Woo hoo! Pear is good in tobaccos, too. Might give this one a shot this weekend. I remember liking Latakia. It was quite unusual standalone.

Thanks for the share.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Looks good Raiden! Keep up the good mix!

Desert ship and Latakia are both favs of mine. If you like the latakia, you will like perique.. :)

Raiden395

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks good Raiden! Keep up the good mix!

Desert ship and Latakia are both favs of mine. If you like the latakia, you will like perique.. :)

To be perfectly honest, Latakia, on its own, is not my favorite tobacco. It does have a lot in common with Desert Ship in terms of flavor tones, but I find that while Desert Ship develops almost a chocolate/tobacco body after steeping, Latakia becomes a notably bolder tobacco, though both become substantially smoother.

If I had to pick a favorite, it would probably be Desert Ship. That tobacco steeps perfectly and is pretty concentrated so you can get a lot out of very little. Shade is by far my favorite in terms of smell, though I've found that it's use as an additive is about all it can amount to as it doesn't quite hold its own if used as the sole tobacco in a mix. But the bottle smells absolutely incredible. Dark Vapure is also up there, but I've yet to get the chocolate sensation that I've heard mentioned. Based on this, would you say that I'll like Perique?

Edd

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is really good Raiden, I like Perique also. I bet you would too.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
To be perfectly honest, Latakia, on its own, is not my favorite tobacco. It does have a lot in common with Desert Ship in terms of flavor tones, but I find that while Desert Ship develops almost a chocolate/tobacco body after steeping, Latakia becomes a notably bolder tobacco, though both become substantially smoother.

If I had to pick a favorite, it would probably be Desert Ship. That tobacco steeps perfectly and is pretty concentrated so you can get a lot out of very little. Shade is by far my favorite in terms of smell, though I've found that it's use as an additive is about all it can amount to as it doesn't quite hold its own if used as the sole tobacco in a mix. But the bottle smells absolutely incredible. Dark Vapure is also up there, but I've yet to get the chocolate sensation that I've heard mentioned. Based on this, would you say that I'll like Perique?

latakia and perique could be brothers.. strong, bold, but yet mellow with age.. their other brother is Burley :)
if you mix any of these with the cousin, virginia.. they get even better, closer to that cig experience..
if used with the right additives, I can vape them all day.. If you like the flavor you are tasting, then yes..

dark vapor... hmm.. now this is one with many many uses..
i tend to stick around .25(hint of spicy) % to 1%(yes this is campfire flavor smoky)
i dont like going higher with this, and i use it mainly for a smoked back ground at .5%
to bring that chocolate up and out, you need to increase it, and due to how my throat is, it does aggravate it in higher amounts.

Raiden395

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
latakia and perique could be brothers.. strong, bold, but yet mellow with age.. their other brother is Burley :)
if you mix any of these with the cousin, virginia.. they get even better, closer to that cig experience..
if used with the right additives, I can vape them all day.. If you like the flavor you are tasting, then yes..

Virginia is another one that smells incredible. I'll give it a shot with Latakia. Any suggested %'s? I'll put Burley and Perique Black on my next order.

dark vapor... hmm.. now this is one with many many uses..
i tend to stick around .25(hint of spicy) % to 1%(yes this is campfire flavor smoky)
i dont like going higher with this, and i use it mainly for a smoked back ground at .5%
to bring that chocolate up and out, you need to increase it, and due to how my throat is, it does aggravate it in higher amounts.

I've noticed the same problem with Dark Vapure, and oddly enough I end up using it in much the same way that you do. If I start actually bringing it to the forefront of the juice, it starts to produce too much throat hit, and while it does get chocolate-y, it also gets too smokey for my tastes. I guess I had imagined that when it was said that it contained some sort of chocolate flavor, that I would be able to utilize it as an additive in order to reap the benefits of it. So while Dark Vapure is a tobacco which outright claims chocolate notes, I find that Desert Ship is way more appropriate as a tobacco/chocolate vape than Dark Vapure.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
virginia can be fickle it you take it up too high.. start out solo at 2% and test test..
i normally use it around .5% up to 1.5% depending on what type of outcome i want.. :)

its the lighter grassy or at least to me.. some do vape it straight, but i do not like it solo..
it belongs in the lighter tobacco side..

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
For some reason I've recently become obsessed with tobacco vapes. When I first started vaping I tried a bunch at my local B&M, and like most of you've experienced, most of their repertoire consisted of concoctions primarily composed of massive amounts of TFA tobaccos with overdoses of honey and berries in a futile attempt to capture the bliss of a good tobacco. Thanks to a lot of your recipes, I've been getting a better handle on the tobacco recipes. I'd like to share one with you guys, all FA:

Desert Legato
  • Cuban Supreme 1.50%
  • Shade 1.00%
  • Vanilla Bourbon 1.00%
  • Latakia 0.50%
  • Pear 0.50%
  • Desert Ship 0.25%
Despite the small amount of Desert Ship used, I feel that it really comes through in the end. I'm not a huge fan of Cuban Supreme fresh, but after a few days of steeping the flavors really start to meld together, forming something quite alright in my opinion. It could probably use some playing with, and I'd greatly appreciate any input.
I was thinking about making this for a friend that only likes tobacco vapes. How long would you say it should be steeped? I could make it and hide it for a few days, then surprise her with it....:)

Raiden395

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking about making this for a friend that only likes tobacco vapes. How long would you say it should be steeped? I could make it and hide it for a few days, then surprise her with it....:)
I'd have to check my notes after I get home, but typically when I mix tobaccos, I mix two ten ml bottles at a time. One is tasted right away, and the other is set to steep. I usually let the latter steep for about two weeks before I try it again, while the former is vaped as soon as it reaches the front of the queue. I'd say three days would probably be good, but the fullness of Desert Ship is hardly realized until about two weeks after it's mixed with nicotine. I'll get back to you on exactly how I experienced it.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'd have to check my notes after I get home, but typically when I mix tobaccos, I mix two ten ml bottles at a time. One is tasted right away, and the other is set to steep. I usually let the latter steep for about two weeks before I try it again, while the former is vaped as soon as it reaches the front of the queue. I'd say three days would probably be good, but the fullness of Desert Ship is hardly realized until about two weeks after it's mixed with nicotine. I'll get back to you on exactly how I experienced it.
Ok, thanks Raiden, I'd be grateful....:)

Raiden395

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry for the late replies. Unfortunately Desert Ship has been one of those flavors that I just don't mess with before the two-week mark. My notes on tasting it at first:

Right away, I'm not liking this. Right now it's just leaving a watery taste in my mouth that's none too appealing. I'm going to try taking a bit of a different direction. I added 1 drop of Honey to the mix that I tried right away, so it actually equals something a little more than 0.50%, just to keep in mind.

And after two weeks:

- I just finished a bottle of V3 and I'm quite impressed. It's a strong tobacco flavor for sure, but it's got a chocolatey, creamy, essence to it that's somewhat captivating.

(This is good with or without the drop of honey, I prefer without).

Ginger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't have any of fa flavors. Will make a cart up, thanks for the recipe. I hope this is strong. Any other advice for this one? It looks really good. Thanks for the tips here, and if I get stuck I hope I can get some help.

Raiden395

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I guess my only advice would be to go easy on the Desert Ship, 0.25% is enough. It definitely comes through after a steep, and you'll get a vape that tastes like chocolate, vanilla, and tobacco. I usually vape it out of a Magma around 0.18 ohms, dual 24 gauge coils. I haven't tried it through a clearomizer or RTA, so if you do, let me know how it goes.

Ginger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Now that sounds like fun. I never had a chocolate tobacco, but I have smoked vanilla tobacco before. How is it, vaping vanilla? Will pick these up today. Thank you, and I will. Does it need to steep or hide?

Raiden395

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When you get Desert Ship, don't be alarmed. It smells crazy. It's probably the most potent tobacco I've received yet from FlavourArt (out of RY4, Maxx Blend, Latakia, 7 Leaves Ultimate, Virginia, Shade, Cuban Supreme, Royal, and probably a couple more that I can't remember), but it's also one of the best. The weird smell, for some reason translates, into a chocolate-like flavor after steeping. It takes about two weeks to fully come through, but it's well worth the wait. The vanilla in this vape is a bit of a background note that you'll taste from time to time.

Ginger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That sounds good, and by the time I run out of my juice it might be ready. How fast does flavor art send out their flavors, or should I buy from somewhere else?

Raiden395

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Buy from PureVapes.com or Eliquidmart.com

VU Sponsors