Become a Patron!

Delta 2 issues

VapeLikeALady

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So tonight I went to change the coil on my Delta 2 that I have so happily been vaping on for the past month or so. This is the second time I changed the coil in it, and it taste funny.

I primed it in the juice valve control holes and in the coil itself. Screwed it in and let it sit for about 10 minutes. I turned the watts down and began vaping. So it's not that I didn't prime it- but it just taste weird... Maybe it's the machine oil??

Anybody else had this issue. I have the rebuildable part for it but didn't wanna mess with it tonight. I normally vape 20/80 or 70/30 mixes and haven't had any issues at all.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think the rba deck gives a better fuller vape then the stock coils. Give it a try. I usually use nickel but my kanthal build of 26g 7 spaced wraps with a 3.5 mm dia vape really good.

VapeLikeALady

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll try that on my RBA. It taste better today and I turned my watts up... Going by the vape store anyway so I'll throw something in there while I'm there. What are the ohms on yours?

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the rba deck gives a better fuller vape then the stock coils. Give it a try. I usually use nickel but my kanthal build of 26g 7 spaced wraps with a 3.5 mm dia vape really good.
+1
The stock coils are decent and good in a pinch but the flavor is definitely muted compared to the rba.

His build would come out around 1.0 to 1.1ohm.
I also keep my duece in this range.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I like to take my stuff apart every 8 thanks or so, soak in hot water with a little vinager, soak in more hot water, rinse and dry in a toaster oven. Keeps the FUNKY out.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I found if you remove the rubber seal inside the chimney and clean it the previous liquid is almost all gone. That seal is what's holding on to some smell/taste if old juice.

VU Sponsors