Delosi Flavorings

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Does anyone know anything about Delosi? I searched the VU forums, and they only show up once as a part of a separate discussion on a custard recipe. Their suggested flavoring ratio is one drop per ounce of juice... Sounds iffy to me. I'm giving them a small order (Vanilla Yogurt, Cereal Base, and Custard) to see how they are.

ScreamQueen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have nothing to offer up on this, but I'm interested in your findings. Please, fill us in when you test these out!

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Will do! Although I have nothing to compare the yogurt to, as it'll be my first time trying out a yogurt flavoring.

dannydestroy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just checked out their website. I'm interested too. Might order a couple to try.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The thing that gets me is that they suggest one drop per ounce. That's 1/8 (0.125) of one percent. How strong is this stuff at $2.13/10ml?

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Delosi-Drop.png

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't tried these flavorings, but I notice they're recommending that amount for food/beverage flavoring. It can be a lot different.. for instance, one drop of some of the more concentrated flavorings can flavor a ten ounce beverage. Try dropping some fa black cherry in your cola, or caramel in your coffee, you'll see what I mean.

Nostradadus

Member For 4 Years
Out of curiosity I emailed Delosi/Nicotine Labs (basically the same vendor) about why they didn't have much in the way of descriptions for their tobaccos; I'm more of of a tobacco base vaper than anything else. The return email and subsequent phone conversation, which I got from Sam Ray at Delosi, has me now involved in testing out the whole Delosi line of tobaccos; results of which will be used in the descriptions which appear on the Delosi website. Sam is a super nice guy and easy going. I was surprised to see on a Nicotine Labs blog post the other day, exactly what I've been waiting to see from a flavoring vendor/manufacturer.

Finally, a vendor of eliquid flavorings, responds to the outlandish raving hyperbole that eliquids are the potential death of us all! I have to hand it to Sam Ray for actually posting on his website, information which tells everyone to "calm the hell down" about what's in the eliquid which the vaping community inhales on a daily basis!

https://nicotinelabs.com/my-juice-h...esend+1&utm_source=Robly.com&utm_medium=email

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love it....;)

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay, I got my order today.
Excellent bubble packing:
Delosi-Packing.jpg

And the flavors. Nothing else. No receipt, no stickers, no "Thank You". Nothing.
Delosi-Unpacked.jpg

Close up of the flavors. Vanilla Yogurt, Custard, Cereal Base. All contain "Natural/N&A Flavor, Propylene Glycol".
Delosi-Bottles.jpg

I'll try them this weekend and let you guys know what I think.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay, well I tried them. I figured 5% would be a good median base to start with, so that's what I did. Tried them using a 0.8ohm single 26g coil at 23watts, 70/30 VG/PG. 24mg nic - 'cuz that's how I roll. :)

Custard: Boring. No custard flavor whatsoever, tasted more like a generic vanilla flavoring. Maybe 5% was too low?
Yogurt: Tastes great. Just a bare hint of yogurt taste, though. Tastes more like a custard than a yogurt, and I know I didn't mix them up. It's what the custard should have tasted like.
Cereal: They say to use it as a base only, and not as a standalone flavoring. So I used 5% cereal base and 1% FA Forest Fruit. I could only barely taste any cereal flavor, and what I could taste was overpowered by the fruit flavoring. I understand that FA flavorings are concentrated, but at a 5:1 ratio, the cereal flavor should have stood out more.

Okay, these are my opinions. YMMV. Hopefully their other flavors are better, but with so many other great flavorings out there I don't think I'll be trying anything else from them.

QuestForVapology

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I ordered about 10 delosi flavors last year, they should be used 5% to 12%. The flavors themselves weren't that great, it was also difficult to gauge their percentages on e-liquid-calculator because no one uses them.

Ok, so, I know this is kind of an older post but, Ive been mixing my own juice using Delosi for a couple of months now and this is what I've found. My first juice I mixed 10% flavor to 90% vg base and it was okay, but after a month of steeping the flavor was much, much better. But, because I'm impatient, I started mixing it at 20% flavor giving me a 20/80 pg/vg ratio. Its vapable right away, but, after a week of steeping, it's DELICIOUS. Some of the flavors havent really come through yet, like, coffee and cake batter. They just taste sweet and the cake batter tastes like vanilla. My favorite flavors so far have been alberta tobacco and honey, speculoos (spice cookie) and coffee and caramel, but with the coffee not having as strong a flavor as I would like. I like them well enough to place my 3rd order with them though.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, so, I know this is kind of an older post but, Ive been mixing my own juice using Delosi for a couple of months now and this is what I've found. My first juice I mixed 10% flavor to 90% vg base and it was okay, but after a month of steeping the flavor was much, much better. But, because I'm impatient, I started mixing it at 20% flavor giving me a 20/80 pg/vg ratio. Its vapable right away, but, after a week of steeping, it's DELICIOUS. Some of the flavors havent really come through yet, like, coffee and cake batter. They just taste sweet and the cake batter tastes like vanilla. My favorite flavors so far have been alberta tobacco and honey, speculoos (spice cookie) and coffee and caramel, but with the coffee not having as strong a flavor as I would like. I like them well enough to place my 3rd order with them though.
Thank you for that, I could be coerced into sampling a couple now.
What would you suggest as your favorites or "must-haves"?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for that, I could be coerced into sampling a couple now.
What would you suggest as your favorites or "must-haves"?
Sorry, just re-read your list of favorites....

lol thats ok. I also mixed up one that was cereal base and fruit punch using the same ratios and my husband loves it. He says it tates like fruity pebbles.

Thanks for the info! I am new to making my own ejuice and expecting to get my flavorings today in the mail from NicotineLabs. The flavoring I will have on hand are dark chocolate, french vanilla, tres leches, tira misua, and coconut. I'm tempted to try your 20% ratio because I love a robust flavor. On the other hand, I prefer sweet but not too sweet. I'm planning on a 50/50 base. Also, although I'm tempted to throw all the flavors in, LOL, I'm going to go with 2, probably the dark chocolate and the coconut. I figure I'll mix up 30 ml for my first batch. Any comments or suggestions?

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to go with 2, probably the dark chocolate and the coconut. I figure I'll mix up 30 ml for my first batch. Any comments or suggestions?

Welcome to the forum !!

While I have not sampled any of the Delosi flavorings, in general, adding a very small amount of vanilla (think around 1 drop per 10 ml of finished juice) can make chocolate flavors "Pop".

Ron
---
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."- Marcus Aurelius

Welcome to the forum !!

While I have not sampled any of the Delosi flavorings, in general, adding a very small amount of vanilla (think around 1 drop per 10 ml of finished juice) can make chocolate flavors "Pop".

Ron
---
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."- Marcus Aurelius
Thank you! I appreciate your input, I do love the chocolate ❤

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I figure I'll mix up 30 ml for my first batch. Any comments or suggestions?

welcome to VU!~ one suggestion.. don't let the sound or idea of the flavors drive you... mix up 10 ml till you know if you like it.. can always mix bigger batches once it's 'proven' ... remember ... 'the check's in the mail' ;p

After trying several other juices i finally settled with delosi because the flavors are forgiving and don't leave a chemical taste. I just finished cotton candy, mountian dew, and dragon fruit mix and it was very good. I think lots of the flavors taste good after a couple days and some are shake and vape.(cotton candy, mountian dew, strawberry, lots of fruits)
Almost all of my mixes are based with mega sweet, cotton candy, and flavored between 15 to 20%. Most mixes are only 3 or 4 flavors because it takes a lot of the delosi to make your juice pop! I like this because i find it easier to fix under flavored juice rather than over flavored.
I mix everything in 300ml wide mouth honey jars, and make 200ml at a time because it makes measuring your percentages super easy. Since my flavors are pg based and i'm flavoring at 20% there is no need to order or add any extra pg. A dremal with a cotter pin stuck in the chuck does a great job stirring the mix also.
Delosi ships quick, has my vg, nic, and bottles in one place and has a ton of flavors. I have been making juice for 2 years for myself, my girlfriend, and a few close friends, everybody seems to love these flavors...btw spiced cookie, mocha, and white chocolate is on point!

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm a little late to the party myself.

DIY Vapor has started reviewing the Delosi brand of flavors on his YT channel.

Check out both Part 1 and Part 2 of his reviews of Delosi. He also does other flavors.

Bare in mind when he is testing flavors he is using a wickless coil so he does not have to factor cotton in the variable of taste. He only uses a wickless coil for flavor testing not for all day vaping.

It is cool to watch

VU Sponsors