Become a Patron!

Dead flavor from Limitless plus

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, so I build around .15-.25 ohm builds and cut my cotton bacon just below the top of the glass so there's almost no cotton visible. I've been making my juice around 12% and just recently went up to 20. I've even dropped my vg/pg ratio. I've been trying to switch flavors to avoid vapers tongue, but I can hardly taste my juice and I'm just getting frustrated. I have like 50+ new flavors and want to try them but my first few bottles have sucked. So is it vapers tongue, my juice or my atty? I know the limitless plus isn't the best genny style atty but my azeroth and smok skyhook aren't in yet. I prefer gennys so I don't have to constantly drip and the rtas always leak because I chain vape. That likely won't change lol. So what do I do?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok, so I build around .15-.25 ohm builds and cut my cotton bacon just below the top of the glass so there's almost no cotton visible. I've been making my juice around 12% and just recently went up to 20. I've even dropped my vg/pg ratio. I've been trying to switch flavors to avoid vapers tongue, but I can hardly taste my juice and I'm just getting frustrated. I have like 50+ new flavors and want to try them but my first few bottles have sucked. So is it vapers tongue, my juice or my atty? I know the limitless plus isn't the best genny style atty but my azeroth and smok skyhook aren't in yet. I prefer gennys so I don't have to constantly drip and the rtas always leak because I chain vape. That likely won't change lol. So what do I do?

Can you take a picture of your atty setup? Coil, wicking etc.

I'm looking for type of coils used and amount of cotton used.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can you take a picture of you atty setup? Coil, wicking etc.

51e01544025d9f18365b4ad7486d4dc0.jpg

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can you take a picture of your atty setup? Coil, wicking etc.

I just changed it to TC and I seem to get a little bit better flavor. Should I be doing that instead?

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok, first observations of your picture.
Your coils are extremely gunked up. This will inhibit juices from getting between the outer wrap wire and core wire of your clapton coils.
I would recommend cleaning those coils really good with an old toothbrush under hot water (atty removed from MOD).

Second method of cleaning --- fired red hot and then dipped in water.

It appears that you are running clapton coils. are these fused claptons (dual core wires) or single clapton?
Either way, there is a lot of wire mass there. What wattage are you running at?

I just changed it to TC and I seem to get a little bit better flavor. Should I be doing that instead?
This depends --- I assume these are TC supporting coils (Stainless Steel wire)?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wattage?????
I've been known to run .1 to .25 builds at 100 watts and 15watts.....

If you have or are developing VT.... switch to UNFLAVORED and reduce heat. VT is the result of excesses of vaping.... increasing power or flavor or pg/VG numbers just makes things worse.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, first observations of your picture.
Your coils are extremely gunked up. This will inhibit juices from getting between the outer wrap coil and core coil of your clapton coils.
I would recommend cleaning those coils really good with an old toothbrush under hot water (atty removed from MOD).

Second method of cleaning --- fired red hot and then dipped in water.

It appears that you are running clapton coils. are these fused claptons (dual core wires) or single clapton?
Either way, there is a lot of wire mass there. What wattage are you running at?

This depends --- I assume these are TC supporting coils (Stainless Steel wire)?
Yes, 26 ni80 fused claptons in 36 k1A. The water trick, I learned from a local shop but another shop said it could be bad if theres a short. Obviously, like you said, remove from mod should avoid that?

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes, 26 ni80 fused claptons in 36 k1A. The water trick, I learned from a local shop but another shop said it could be bad if theres a short. Obviously, like you said, remove from mod should avoid that?

I personally don't like the cleaning method #2 --- I sure as hell don't want to short out my MOD, even if it only costs me $30.
I prefer to remove the atty and scrub the coils in hot soapy water. Then run them through my ultra-sonic cleaner again.

However --- if my coils got THAT gunked up --- I would chuck them and throw a new pair in. That is me though -- I build coils. :D
Not sure if you do or not.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes, 26 ni80 fused claptons in 36 k1A
Yea --- that is a lot of wire mass there --- What wattage you hitting those dual coils at ?

If I were running those coils, I would be hitting them between 65-85 watts, for my heat tolerances.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I personally don't like the cleaning method #2 --- I sure as hell don't want to short out my MOD, even if it only costs me $30.
I prefer to remove the atty and scrub the coils in hot soapy water. Then run them through my ultra-sonic cleaner again.

However --- if my coils got THAT gunked up --- I would chuck them and throw a new pair in. That is me though -- I build coils. :D
Not sure if you do or not.
Yup. I'll probably just make a new build

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea --- that is a lot of wire mass there --- What wattage you hitting those dual coils at ?

If I were running those coils, I would be hitting them between 65-85 watts, for my heat tolerances.
Yup. I'm at 68. I was sick a few weeks ago and I had to reduce my wattage. I was running at 75-80 before getting sick

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wattage?????
I've been known to run .1 to .25 builds at 100 watts and 15watts.....

If you have or are developing VT.... switch to UNFLAVORED and reduce heat. VT is the result of excesses of vaping.... increasing power or flavor or pg/VG numbers just makes things worse.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
So how long should I vape this? (As disgusting as it sounds, lol)

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yup. I'll probably just make a new build

If you build coils, then yes ... throw a new pair in there. Even if you didn't build coils and didn't want to mess with cleaning that one... I would chuck a new set in there and see if your flavor straightens out.

Yup. I'm at 68. I was sick a few weeks ago and I had to reduce my wattage. I was running at 75-80 before getting sick
Yup, your around the correct wattage then. Nothing wrong with that setting on those coils.

So how long should I vape this?
That is up to you... it will kill your flavors though. Me, it would be gone. :D

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had the limitless, Azeroth and aromamizer, I was not happy with the flavor on any of them.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think maybe I'm running lower than my sweet spot range for my number of wraps. Should I go smaller diameter with more wraps or my normal 3mm with 5 wraps?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I think maybe I'm running lower than my sweet spot range for my number of wraps. Should I go smaller diameter with more wraps or my normal 3mm with 5 wraps?

your build looks fine. if anything add a few wraps. the limitless has a lot of air flow and a large chamber so it's really made for large builds.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

That is a hefty atty ... i would keep the coils at a minimum of 3mm ID. I ran mine all the way up to 4mm ID without an issue.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Remember, the larger the coil ID, the more surface contact you are getting... in theory, should get much better flavor and no dry hits. You can however "choke" the coils if you over stuff the coil with cotton. There is a fine line balance between the two.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Still have not found one I really like. At the moment, Other than the serpent mini, I only use RDA's.
Off topic -- sorry OP

skt --- take a look at the iJoy EXO RTA --- you may really like that one if you like the Merlin Mini. + more juice capacity. I can't pry it out of my wife's hands, or the OBS Engine ... i've not gotten to use either of them. I only get to build, wick, and hand back . :giggle:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Still have not found one I really like. At the moment, Other than the serpent mini, I only use RDA's.
that's the only RTA you like? dam i don't have that one lol
I didn't get it because I'm not hue on single coil RTAs, most of wotofo's tanks have been just ok to me, and i'm not a fan of mini capacity really. But i do have some. I just got the carrate 24 and I'm really liking it. Have you tried the ohmgea alpha one? Single coil, similar deck to the serpent mini, but a 4.5ml capacity. It's one of the few Single coil RTAs i really like

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
that's the only RTA you like? dam i don't have that one lol
I didn't get it because I'm not hue on single coil RTAs, most of wotofo's tanks have been just ok to me, and i'm not a fan of mini capacity really. But i do have some. I just got the carrate 24 and I'm really liking it. Have you tried the ohmgea alpha one? Single coil, similar deck to the serpent mini, but a 4.5ml capacity. It's one of the few Single coil RTAs i really like
Yup --- you don't have it... Now I get to correct one of the master collectors.

Merlin Mini >> Augvape
Does both single and dual coil.
Juice resi is too damn small for me. Makes a good flavor testing atty though.

:D

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yup --- you don't have it... Now I get to correct one of the master collectors.

Merlin Mini >> Augvape
Does both single and dual coil.
Juice resi is too damn small for me. Makes a good flavor testing atty though.

:D
I have the full size merlin. I don't buy many mini's personally. I know a lot of people say great things about it though. I recently purchased a bunch of RTAs last week. the caratte (got 2 of them by accident kinda lol) Fuji dual coil GTA, mobula RTA, Billow V3 plus, 2nd vertex RTA (haven't used my 1st yet lol), Kaos Erebus, TFMT RTA, Kumo RTA, Warcraft RTA, Troll RTA. Most haven't even arrived yet lol SO i'm taking a break form buying until i catch up on using and reviewing the stuff i have.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have limitless plus. I don't mind the flavor or at all. I run it at 80w with a 100w .3s preheat. 26/32 claptons

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Side note for previous thread jackers..lol... merlin mini is the bomb. Tons of flavor, great deck choices, runs great, minimal leaking when wicked right, looks awesome

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors