Become a Patron!

Dave's not here, man

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, that's how I started off my first post almost exactly a year ago...and this updated intro has been a while in coming. I'll try to keep it short.

Hi, I'm Dave, hailing from the People's Republic of Ocean Beach, San Diego, California. I've been vaping on and off for about five years, exclusively for two years exactly as of the date of this post (I actually quit a few weeks before that, but had a single slip-up after some fireworks and barley pops - about a 3/4 pack-a-day habit before that since age 15). I did the standard progression of the time: 510 stick batteries and bridgeless atomizers stuffed with empty teabags and blue aquarium foam to eGos and cartos to eGo Twists with carto tanks and Evods (and the original Protank when it was hot, new tech), weak regulated tubes (Vamo), mechs/RDAs (too many to count, still love my Nemmy), regulated boxes (still vaping a Sig 100 v1 and loving it).

I don't do fancy builds or super-sub-ohm cloud chasing. I don't buy into every new tech that hits the market (though I try to pick up some of the basic new mods to stay apprised of entry-level tech). I don't tear apart items that are meant to be thrown away and try to rebuild them. I don't conduct advanced electronic analysis, or write dissertations on battery chemistry. So I won't help you with that.

I do make simple, user-friendly coils that work (most of the time). I understand battery and charger basics, have a working knowledge of ohm's law, and have used some variant of most of the devices currently popular on the market. I have some DIY experience, though it's not extensive I can do it well enough that I haven't bought any juice for my wife or me in recent memory, and I mix for a few dozen locals. I've bought from a wide variety of internet suppliers, good and bad, and I keep book on what other forum members are saying about vendors. This is what I'm glad to help out with, and my focus here is largely on helping newer members advance their journey down the vaping rabbit hole safely and with satisfaction.

Most of the time you'll find me reaching out to new members to try and improve their vape and their forum experience - new member or old, feel free to DM me for help - if I can't solve your problem or answer your question I can probably point you toward someone who can. That's what I'm here for.

Happy vapor trails...

Last edited:

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You have me intrigued with the tea bags and aquarium foam. I have only been vaping 2 years and have never heard of that. What was it for? To filter the liquid I would guess, keep it from entering your mouth? I think I picked a good time to start, after that ;)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
It's Dave man...
Dave's not here man.
No, it's Dave ....

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have me intrigued with the tea bags and aquarium foam. I have only been vaping 2 years and have never heard of that. What was it for? To filter the liquid I would guess, keep it from entering your mouth? I think I picked a good time to start, after that ;)
That shiznit was our wicking back in the day...

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
ah the good ol days of pyramid teas bags and blue foam for are 3 piece atty systems. those were the days.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I love "Dave's not here." And it actually came to pass, in my life -- we had a good friend named Dave. His ex-wife was giving him a lot of grief, so he decided to light out for parts unknown, just him and his cat in his van. He left behind a whole lot of stuff, and came over shortly before leaving to tell us that we could have his TV, along with a whole bunch of kitchenware. We told him we'd keep it for him, and it he decided to come back, we'd give it back -- but he never did, and it finally went to picture tube heaven. But for years, if either of us referred to Dave at all, for any reason, the would simply reply "Dave's not here... but his TV is." :D

Andria

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I gave my girl my boxes of pyramid tea bag boxes but still have a big bag of blue foam

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi Dave.

Mrs. Lost says hi as well, and she doesn't even want a laptop.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Too bad I'm not, or I'd say "Hi" back. Mrs. Dave says hi, though, and finds it amusing that other members of this silly interweb forum now have Mrs. Screennames, though she thinks I should alternatively be Mr. Chris at least occasionally...

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Too bad I'm not, or I'd say "Hi" back. Mrs. Dave says hi, though, and finds it amusing that other members of this silly interweb forum now have Mrs. Screennames, though she thinks I should alternatively be Mr. Chris at least occasionally...

Back before I started using my real name online, I used the screen name "Carmilla".... imagine my husband's chagrin, when attending some Atlanta Chatline bashes, to be known as "Mr. Carmilla."

Andria

VU Sponsors