Become a Patron!

Dark Vanilla Creme Cake, Renamed Yeti Cake!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
As developed in the Daily Mixing Thread, renamed Yeti Cake 'cause it's the Bigfoot of Vanillas!

Butter (TPA) 0.4%
Coconut Extra (TFA) 0.6%
Cream Soda (FW) 1% (optional)
French Vanilla Deluxe (TPA) 2%
Marshmallow (DIY) 1.5%
Nonna's Cake (FA) 3%
Sugar Cookie (Cap) 1%
Vanilla Whipped Cream (CAP) 3%
Zeppola (FA) 0.6%

Rich vanilla cake with overtones of fried Twinkie. Inclusion of FW Cream Soda lends a slight spicy note, a little more sweetness, and a cleaner mouth-feel.

Want to try this with 0.6% banana once I have a good banana flavor at hand. Let me know if you have a banana flavor that you particularly like, that isn't overpowering!

ETA: Needs a 7-10 day steep.
ETA 6/10: Sub Cap Sugar Cookie for FA Cookie.

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's sad to have over 700 flavors and still be one short - :sad: - in this case it's the cream soda, but I do have one from DIY Flavor Shack to try and sub if I don't leave it out. Sounds good!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It's sad to have over 700 flavors and still be one short - :sad: - in this case it's the cream soda, but I do have one from DIY Flavor Shack to try and sub if I don't leave it out. Sounds good!

If DIY's Cream Soda is as good as their Marshmallow, your mix will probably be better than mine, as long as it doesn't get overwhelmingly sweet. My mix that includes the Cream Soda is pretty sweet.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well crap...just checked my book and the DIYFS cream soda was one I gave away awhile back. VT creaming soda maybe? Or just leave it out to make sure I don't ruin it...lol!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well crap...just checked my book and the DIYFS cream soda was one I gave away awhile back. VT creaming soda maybe? Or just leave it out to make sure I don't ruin it...lol!

I'll just say that if I were making that call, I'd probably try the VT Creaming Soda at half-strength, so 0.5%, IF the flavor smells and tastes like an American-style cream soda. Just a pop-fizz of well-rounded and slightly spicy vanilla is all you need here. Otherwise, I'd leave it out.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So I mixed this again with the Sugar Cookie and the FW cream soda(of course I got it).....I like it BETTER! I do think the FW makes enough of a difference, to me anyways. Yum yum yum! Thanks for sharing and keeping us updated with your notes. :blowkiss:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As developed in the Daily Mixing Thread, renamed Yeti Cake 'cause it's the Bigfoot of Vanillas!

Butter (TPA) 0.4%
Coconut Extra (TFA) 0.6%
Cream Soda (FW) 1% (optional)
French Vanilla Deluxe (TPA) 2%
Marshmallow (DIY) 1.5%
Nonna's Cake (FA) 3%
Sugar Cookie (Cap) 1%
Vanilla Whipped Cream (CAP) 3%
Zeppola (FA) 0.6%

Rich vanilla cake with overtones of fried Twinkie. Inclusion of FW Cream Soda lends a slight spicy note, a little more sweetness, and a cleaner mouth-feel.

Want to try this with 0.6% banana once I have a good banana flavor at hand. Let me know if you have a banana flavor that you particularly like, that isn't overpowering!

ETA: Needs a 7-10 day steep.
ETA 6/10: Sub Cap Sugar Cookie for FA Cookie.
Not sure how I missed this one, sounds really good, Jane...!

VU Sponsors