Become a Patron!

Danger with building.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Like I have explained in another thread not too long ago, the iJoy 5-legged 20700 only really shines in a dual series mech IMHO. Another thing about this battery is that it is a 30 amp battery so you can build at lower ohms compared to the VTC5A─in order to compensate for the fact the 20700 doesn't hit as hard... thereby offering different coil building options to explore (not necessarily always better ones, but still).

On a dual series mech (i.e. on my brass Vaperz Cloud XXX equipped with the separately sold extension tube as well as with the separately sold bottom section that uses the newer Comp-S switch as opposed to using the older VC Tech switch) at .28 ohms─dual coil fused claptons using Kanthal cores─I can vape on the iJoys pretty much all day without me having to change the batteries. This cannot be said about using dual VTC5A in this same setup by using the accompanying 18650 plastic adapter sleeves. Also note that different rewrap companies can use different grades of batteries so... same battery, different grade = slightly different performance. Efest have been notorious in the past for having lower grades and then selling them at above average prices, albeit they have bettered themselves according to Mooch. Lower grades are not rejects, but they perform a little worse so then why should we be paying extra.

Here's a quick/dirty picture of the .28 ohms coil build that I am referring to... I have it in my Purge Mods Head Shot RDA:

View attachment 98764
Very nice buddy, how have you been? I've completely switched over to Mechs and unreg. I'm so happy with them. I hated one mech and let it ruin my opinion of single battery mods. That and the kbox mini. The mini has fucking horrendous battery life.

As for series, your getting a whole day from them geez that's a ton of vaping

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
And you thought that would interest me?
Kind of rude...

You are getting products to the majority of Vapers but that doesn't mean your going about it the right way. Most Vapers don't drip, but then again I don't think I'd prefer to be in that category myself.

Allot of shops where I'm from sell RDTAs and RDAs, rta's, but admitting that they don't sell much. Many shops have told me that vaping is nothing like it used to be blah blah. They don't sell enough drippers because the vast majority of Vapers want smok aliens, and baby beast tanks.

That being said your still missing a decent sized chunk of the pie any imo the most amazing and beautiful part of vaping.

I think this may interest you. And those disclaimers will stand up in court. Yes they will. With a picture of the ID, and signature it sure as hell will stick.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kind of rude...

You are getting products to the majority of Vapers but that doesn't mean your going about it the right way. Most Vapers don't drip, but then again I don't think I'd prefer to be in that category myself.

Allot of shops where I'm from sell RDTAs and RDAs, rta's, but admitting that they don't sell much. Many shops have told me that vaping is nothing like it used to be blah blah. They don't sell enough drippers because the vast majority of Vapers want smok aliens, and baby beast tanks.

That being said your still missing a decent sized chunk of the pie any imo the most amazing and beautiful part of vaping.

I think this may interest you. And those disclaimers will stand up in court. Yes they will. With a picture of the ID, and signature it sure as hell will stick.

The general Vaper are perfectly happy with their factory coils and enjoy the convenience. I was myself in that group, it was the deeming regulations and seeing what the States where enacting as laws that drove me to rebuilding, and for that matter Mech's. Thus I found the enormous benefits of of them both and have never looked back. Rebuildables don't sell a fraction of the volume as the standard factory coil gear, but they still sell. Major benefit of Vape shops to still sell them is the knowledge being passed on.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The general Vaper are perfectly happy with their factory coils and enjoy the convenience. I was myself in that group, it was the deeming regulations and seeing what the States where enacting as laws that drove me to rebuilding, and for that matter Mech's. Thus I found the enormous benefits of of them both and have never looked back. Rebuildables don't sell a fraction of the volume as the standard factory coil gear, but they still sell. Major benefit of Vape shops to still sell them is the knowledge being passed on.
I can't say I came down this road due to regulations but I'm glad Ive traveled down rebuildables and mechanical or unregulated mods. It may be a lesser traveled road but that makes it more pristine.

How have you been @r055co

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Very nice buddy, how have you been? I've completely switched over to Mechs and unreg. I'm so happy with them. I hated one mech and let it ruin my opinion of single battery mods. That and the kbox mini. The mini has fucking horrendous battery life.

As for series, your getting a whole day from them geez that's a ton of vaping

I'm fine, thanks. How are you? At first I was very skeptical about mechs, but I got my first mech (Purge Mods Maelstrom brass) after only a few months of vaping, and now mechs have become pretty close to being the only things I'll vape on. I remember like yesterday how the shopkeeper tried to convert me. "With a mech you vape directly on the battery", he said. "It just vapes better... I think it does." Then a guy sitting next to me looks up and says, "it's just a fact." :xD:

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I think the overall tone of the posts here is WE are your customers, aka "the public". As far as your liability goes, it isn't up to you to guess what some idiot might do after leaving your shop. Aside from knowing your products. Like if a rta has a short pos pin.. you tell the customer.. do not use this on a non regulated mod because... 510 pin short, hard short, go boom.... if the customer still does it.. well.. one less stupid person in the gene pool. Some people are going to learn the hard way, despite being told not to do something and why, and there is nothing you can do about it. I have mental images of noob vapers skipping along to the computer, giggling as they pull up ebay to purchase 4500mah 45A batteries and then blaming vaping because they didn't do any research or listen to veteran vapers telling them don't buy unproven batteries to vape on and end up with lips on the back of their head like in a Daffy Duck cartoon.

You should actually love cloud chasers. Like you said.. ejuice is your bread and butter.. and cloud chasers burn through ejuice as fast as they can get it to come out of the bottle.. Look.. if I had a bottle I could dip my atomizer in to paint the coils.. I would have it. lol. But then, I also build flavor coils which i normally vape on. Clouds are just a hobby and pass time.

Now I see some mention of mechs here.. and it should be stressed, mechanical mods are an advanced vaping mod for advanced vapers. You should know everything there is to know about mechs, batteries, ohms law, and reasonably safe building practices. If you use a mechanical mod, you should never ask "Is this build safe?" You should KNOW if it is "safe" before you even build the coil.

Personally, I prefer a high wattage regulated mod. I like the consistency of vape over the battery charge. I also normally, use an Tsunami RDA with flavor coils.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I think the overall tone of the posts here is WE are your customers, aka "the public". As far as your liability goes, it isn't up to you to guess what some idiot might do after leaving your shop. Aside from knowing your products. Like if a rta has a short pos pin.. you tell the customer.. do not use this on a non regulated mod because... 510 pin short, hard short, go boom.... if the customer still does it.. well.. one less stupid person in the gene pool. Some people are going to learn the hard way, despite being told not to do something and why, and there is nothing you can do about it. I have mental images of noob vapers skipping along to the computer, giggling as they pull up ebay to purchase 4500mah 45A batteries and then blaming vaping because they didn't do any research or listen to veteran vapers telling them don't buy unproven batteries to vape on and end up with lips on the back of their head like in a Daffy Duck cartoon.

You should actually love cloud chasers. Like you said.. ejuice is your bread and butter.. and cloud chasers burn through ejuice as fast as they can get it to come out of the bottle.. Look.. if I had a bottle I could dip my atomizer in to paint the coils.. I would have it. lol. But then, I also build flavor coils which i normally vape on. Clouds are just a hobby and pass time.

Now I see some mention of mechs here.. and it should be stressed, mechanical mods are an advanced vaping mod for advanced vapers. You should know everything there is to know about mechs, batteries, ohms law, and reasonably safe building practices. If you use a mechanical mod, you should never ask "Is this build safe?" You should KNOW if it is "safe" before you even build the coil.

Personally, I prefer a high wattage regulated mod. I like the consistency of vape over the battery charge. I also normally, use an Tsunami RDA with flavor coils.
I thought the same way and yes technically regulated devices are more well regulated. But the way I build and most other people, when performance starts to sag, replace battery and back to being tits on chicks

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I thought the same way and yes technically regulated devices are more well regulated. But the way I build and most other people, when performance starts to sag, replace battery and back to being tits on chicks

Yeah,, i do the same on my mech. My regulated went fubar, so I have to replace it. lol.. Im running 5 batteries in rotation.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't say I came down this road due to regulations but I'm glad Ive traveled down rebuildables and mechanical or unregulated mods. It may be a lesser traveled road but that makes it more pristine.

How have you been @r055co

Oh the benefits of building for yourself is huge. That and IMO Mech's provides the smoothest and satisfying vape, regulated along with TC just can't match the right build on a quality Mech. Plus finding the right build is 1/2 the fun, love it.

As for myself, doing well for 2018 is the year I retire and I'm so looking forward to it. I'm just going to travel, vape, dance and enjoy life ;)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Bgh723

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Sorry, I get your point. I've said before we sell everything but Mec Mods. We both know all devices are safe until we install batteries.

VU Sponsors