Become a Patron!

CV's 100% diy flavor shack recipe book. (Updating as needed)

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I have a small amount of flavors all from here and since they aren't a huge brand I decided I'd share a few simple recipes I have made and enjoyed.

All of these were made randomly by myself and not made to mirror any specific flavor. Meaning I threw flavors together and whatever I call it is what I think it ended up tasting like to me. YMMV

Banana smoothie.
DIY Banana 5%
DIY Holy vanilla 6%
Sweetness 2%
Good shake and vape
(For more cream flavor get one of their other vanillas, this one is meant to have no custard flavor but I haven't tried any others so YMMV)

Strawberry banana
DIY Strawberry 3%
DIY Banana 7%
(Optional) ethyl malto 1%
(Their strawberry has given me a very chemically taste that sometimes sorts itself out after steeping, try to use it in a lower percentage if tasting chemically. Never shake and vape their strawberry from my experience so far, will update if I get any changes)

Vanilla ice cream cone.
You know that pure vanilla ice cream you get at like Mc Donald's?
DIY Holy Vanilla 4%
That's it. Easy as pie and tastes amazing.

Strawberry watermelon
DIY watermelon 6%
DIY Strawberry 3%
(Optional) sweetness 1% or ethyl malto 1%

I'll update this page if any recipe changes or if I get another new simple one.

Sent from my dos terminal.

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for this.

I've also heard about the Holy Vanilla being the best of the best.
Just haven't got around to ordering it yet.
Hate to order just a single flavor:D.

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for this.

I've also heard about the Holy Vanilla being the best of the best.
Just haven't got around to ordering it yet.
Hate to order just a single flavor:D.
No problem. I want to help out however o can here.

I've never tried any other vanilla but I'm in love with it. I've added it to almost every mix in a small amount. It's got a good flavor. I would suggest their watermelon, coconut, and banana as well. Their banana is very creamy to the point it hardly needs any cream with it.

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I have a small amount of flavors all from here and since they aren't a huge brand I decided I'd share a few simple recipes I have made and enjoyed.

All of these were made randomly by myself and not made to mirror any specific flavor. Meaning I threw flavors together and whatever I call it is what I think it ended up tasting like to me. YMMV

Banana smoothie.
DIY Banana 5%
DIY Holy vanilla 8%
Sweetness 2%
Good shake and vape
(For more cream flavor get one of their other vanillas, this one is meant to have no custard flavor but I haven't tried any others so YMMV)

Strawberry banana
DIY Strawberry 3%
DIY Banana 7%
(Optional) ethyl malto 1%
(Their strawberry has given me a very chemically taste that sometimes sorts itself out after steeping, try to use it in a lower percentage if tasting chemically. Never shake and vape their strawberry from my experience so far, will update if I get any changes)

Vanilla ice cream cone.
You know that pure vanilla ice cream you get at like Mc Donald's?
DIY Holy Vanilla 8%
That's it. Easy as pie and tastes amazing.

Strawberry watermelon
DIY watermelon 6%
DIY Strawberry 3%
(Optional) sweetness 1% or ethyl malto 1%

I'll update this page if any recipe changes or if I get another new simple one.

Hi I have gooey butter cake
.havent tried alone ,was hoping to find a recipe with this added.one good thing from them is flavors no one else has.birthday cake I add a drop to many recipes.
So any ideas on using this flavor gooey butter cake .

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi I have gooey butter cake
.havent tried alone ,was hoping to find a recipe with this added.one good thing from them is flavors no one else has.birthday cake I add a drop to many recipes.
So any ideas on using this flavor gooey butter cake .
Unfortunately it is not in my inventory as I only have 8 flavors. I'm thinking about going all diy flavor shack and making recipes just using them as it would be unique I guess.

I have banana, strawberry, watermelon, coconut, holy vanilla, piña colada, Tigers blood, and ecstasy. I can help with those but that's it. Sorry. I'm pretty sure a user here named TeresaP, pretty sure that's the spelling, has it though.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alas, no gooey butter cake...:(...but I have pound cake, good as a standalone steeped, 5% or less. Their cookie dough is pretty darn good by itself too. Don't have their banana, but do have banana cream and it's simply amazing! Holy vanilla is great, but their french vanilla is a must-have. And Mr. Good Stuff.....oh my, this is some sweet, subtle caramel/marshmallow goodness that goes well in any mix (had to get a bigger bottle of that one). :)

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Alas, no gooey butter cake...:(...but I have pound cake, good as a standalone steeped, 5% or less. Their cookie dough is pretty darn good by itself too. Don't have their banana, but do have banana cream and it's simply amazing! Holy vanilla is great, but their french vanilla is a must-have. And Mr. Good Stuff.....oh my, this is some sweet, subtle caramel/marshmallow goodness that goes well in any mix (had to get a bigger bottle of that one). :)
Would love to try I have holy vanilia also been looking to use it.pound cake sounds tempting to try..

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm glad to see others have holy vanilla also, I have choclate expert , pound cake , donut & birthday cake and of course gooey butter cake. If you are trying these as stand Alones .. I guess I can try the gooey cake . I just figured there must be away to add it to a recipe .
Thank you for much input. But as you said about recipes just with there flavors would be like gold . If I come up with something I will put it here ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just mixed a 30 ml bottle of my banana smoothie yesterday intended for steeping most of it and I vaped 15 ml of it. Every damn time. I need to learn to wait cause after it has steeped that recipe is much better.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have blueberry and cranberry. I like them both. You mentioned strawberry gives a chemical taste after steep. I would lower from 3%. I read others saying the same thing about her blueberry. I use it at 0.75% and mix it with other blueberry flavors. No chemical taste. It is quite good after a few day steep. The cranberry does not need a steep like that. To me, it is good from the get go.

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have blueberry and cranberry. I like them both. You mentioned strawberry gives a chemical taste after steep. I would lower from 3%. I read others saying the same thing about her blueberry. I use it at 0.75% and mix it with other blueberry flavors. No chemical taste. It is quite good after a few day steep. The cranberry does not need a steep like that. To me, it is good from the get go.
I'll give it a try. I actually mixed a strawberry banana last night that I'm testing out today with less strawberry. I'll update the post if it's good.

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I decided to try alone too
Choclate expert and holy vanilla added to pound cake , all stand alone flavors from flavor shack..
Just .2 of ea to test try ..
Hope one opens a recipe book for there flavors. Next I'm trying birthday cake .. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been trying to find a good pound cake concentrate just by itself. Any suggestions?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been trying to find a good pound cake concentrate just by itself. Any suggestions?
DIYFS is good, I have that one. I hear good things about Bakers Flavors pound cake, but haven't tried it myself. Not sure on where to get them, other than ordering direct from Russia. Perhaps someone else here knows of a vendor that supplies Bakers and will chime in.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
DIYFS is good, I have that one. I hear good things about Bakers Flavors pound cake, but haven't tried it myself. Not sure on where to get them, other than ordering direct from Russia. Perhaps someone else here knows of a vendor that supplies Bakers and will chime in.

I've heard that VZ-SC flavors are actually Bakers???.

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Bumping thread to notify followers and new people to an update in recipes for banana smoothie and vanilla ice cream cone. Also my strawberry banana recipe update is on hold since I've found strawberry needs a good week or two to completely steep in and judge it. Other flavors currently in progress, watermelón (yes like the crazy watermelone* guy videos) and strawberry watermelon blast (an updated tweaked version of the strawberry watermelon).

Also a notice for those wanting to get the holy vanilla flavoring. It contains diacetyl which a lot of vapers are afraid of. However after a quick search I'll share what I know and you can decide if you want to use it or not.

Diacetyl is a chemical that is used as an additive in many food flavorings. The reason people don't want to vape it, for those unaware, is that in the 1990's workers in a popcorn factory caught bronchiolitis obliterans (popcorn lung) believed to be caused by inhaling powdered diacetyl used in butter flavoring. Currently the FDA (Fucking Dicks of America) deem it safe in levels lower than .3mg, for some of you you'll take that and consider it decent enough to vape but there's more to be said for those still skeptical.

It was never proven as the cause of popcorn lung and what's more, analog cigarettes contain diacetyl in amounts 110 times higher than in ejuice and the average smoker never contracted popcorn lung. This information came from studies and those were the results. Albeit the news putting all the studies together came from a place that sells ejuice flavoring in particular along many other vape accessories. So take it with a grain of salt.

For me I will put the trust in the studies done, others might not and that's okay too. I'm not here to force you to vape something you don't find safe, I just want to open some eyes to the truth of the diacetyl debate and then they can choose where to go from there.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just tried Pound Cake stand alone at 7%, and it was pretty good but may try 5% next time.
Reminds me of VZ-SC Vanilla Sponge Cake kinda.

Birthday Cake was also decent but gotta change my coil to try it again.

Also mixed some Holy Vanilla stand alone, and French Vanilla stand alone.
(steeping them for a bit now, smell good anyway)

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I need to try pound cake. I have it but forget about it. I will take your 5% recommendation.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Their French Vanilla is the best out there, imo..... I ordered a bigger bottle of that one. I too have unused pound cake, need to try that, and I loved their birthday cake at 6%.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Darn it, I have mixed the pound cake, was thinking of another....durr....lol!

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
Just tried Pound Cake stand alone at 7%, and it was pretty good but may try 5% next time.
Reminds me of VZ-SC Vanilla Sponge Cake kinda.

Birthday Cake was also decent but gotta change my coil to try it again.

Also mixed some Holy Vanilla stand alone, and French Vanilla stand alone.
(steeping them for a bit now, smell good anyway)

Maybe it's just me, but when I mixed Pound Cake (around 7% I believe) it tasted like black pepper. After it sat awhile the black pepper taste subsided quite a bit. Have you noticed this at all? I know it's not my nic...I use VT and none of the other mixes that day had an "off taste". I was thinking of dropping to 5% as well for the next batch.

I LOVE the Holy Vanilla! A little steeping really helps, but I can see why so many people love it! I have some mixed with the French Vanilla too...good stuff! I'm not normally a single flavor kind of guy, however their flavorings are quite tasty by themselves! I really like their Watermelon standalone too.

I still have a handful of their flavors I haven't mixed yet...looking forward to trying them!

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like my next order will be including pound cake.... I just ordered some stuff on Thursday from them, more bottles and nic but got some flavors too. Cheesecake, banana cream, pineapple, and whipped cream to try in place of sweetness. So you can expect to see them in upcoming recipes. I'm actually working on my most "complex" recipe so far. If this is helping anyone let me know, I just don't want to keep updating this thread if it's nuisance to some people.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Maybe it's just me, but when I mixed Pound Cake (around 7% I believe) it tasted like black pepper. After it sat awhile the black pepper taste subsided quite a bit. Have you noticed this at all? I know it's not my nic...I use VT and none of the other mixes that day had an "off taste". I was thinking of dropping to 5% as well for the next batch.

I LOVE the Holy Vanilla! A little steeping really helps, but I can see why so many people love it! I have some mixed with the French Vanilla too...good stuff! I'm not normally a single flavor kind of guy, however their flavorings are quite tasty by themselves! I really like their Watermelon standalone too.

I still have a handful of their flavors I haven't mixed yet...looking forward to trying them!

Really didn't get any black pepper taste, but I'm only running around 7 watts.

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
Really didn't get any black pepper taste, but I'm only running around 7 watts.

I'm still getting black pepper, even though I dropped to 5%. I've been using it in a dripper, so might need to drop the % even more. Or maybe I'll try it in a tank. I'm not ready to give up yet!

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With diyfs flavors I have I find them strong to the point I normally don't go over 2% for a good flavor. I do mix them and when I do I use less than that. I think I would start at 2% and work up.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I tried the Holy Vanilla at 5% stand alone, it's good but maybe a bit too strong.
Next batch I'll try 4%.

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
With diyfs flavors I have I find them strong to the point I normally don't go over 2% for a good flavor. I do mix them and when I do I use less than that. I think I would start at 2% and work up.

I'm going to need to work with them more...and hopefully remember to keep notes. The pound cake I'll need to try lower.
I mixed up their regular banana and birthday cake, both at 5%. I made the mistake of putting the same color cap on the bottles and dropped them into a cup of hot water (to thin them out so I could shake 'em up). I can't tell which is which!

Their banana cream at 5% is great - and I definitely can taste what it is. Just going to be a little playing around to see what works.

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
I tried the Holy Vanilla at 5% stand alone, it's good but maybe a bit too strong.
Next batch I'll try 4%.

I've mixed the Holy Vanilla at 7% with their French Vanilla at 2% and LOVE it! I finally found the vanilla flavor I've been looking for!
Just goes to show how different people perceive flavors at various percentages. That's the beautiful thing about DIY. You can customize your juice to make your own tastebuds happy!

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sadly I made all these not long after I quit smoking so they are fairly strong. I still like them strong but I've halved almost all of the flavors and had them turn out okay still.

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
Sadly I made all these not long after I quit smoking so they are fairly strong. I still like them strong but I've halved almost all of the flavors and had them turn out okay still.

I'm enjoying the DIYFS flavors! I simply need to spend some time with the ones I have (and have on the way :)) and figure out what works. I have a feeling I'll be using their flavors quite often in future mixes.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've mixed the Holy Vanilla at 7% with their French Vanilla at 2% and LOVE it! I finally found the vanilla flavor I've been looking for!
Just goes to show how different people perceive flavors at various percentages. That's the beautiful thing about DIY. You can customize your juice to make your own tastebuds happy!
Their French Vanilla is absolutely the best out there. And make sure you try some Mr. Good Stuff. ;)

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm enjoying the DIYFS flavors! I simply need to spend some time with the ones I have (and have on the way :)) and figure out what works. I have a feeling I'll be using their flavors quite often in future mixes.
I kind of started with them and stuck with them. Eventually I'll have to venture over to CAP and TFA.

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
I kind of started with them and stuck with them. Eventually I'll have to venture over to CAP and TFA.

I've been using a variety of flavors, generally making recipes found on VU. Every brand has their merits, and every brand has their "losers" too. I do like many FlavorArt flavorings, but now that I've started to use more Cap & TFA (and, of course, DIYFS) I'm seeing that FA isn't the only game in town. I'm not bashing them at all...they have many good products. But I'm noticing that sometimes one of the other brands works better for certain things. It really does open up some doors for mixing possibilities.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Their French Vanilla is absolutely the best out there. And make sure you try some Mr. Good Stuff. ;)

I'm trying the French Vanilla right now and it's surprisingly good at 5% stand alone.
Glad I got the 30ml sizes for both the Vanillas.
Didn't get any of the Mr. Good Stuff, but there's always a next time:).

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
I'm trying the French Vanilla right now and it's surprisingly good at 5% stand alone.
Glad I got the 30ml sizes for both the Vanillas.
Didn't get any of the Mr. Good Stuff, but there's always a next time:).

I've been meaning to try the French Vanilla standalone....must do....
I completely forgot to put Mr. Good Stuff on the last order. Like you said, there's always a next time!

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been using a variety of flavors, generally making recipes found on VU. Every brand has their merits, and every brand has their "losers" too. I do like many FlavorArt flavorings, but now that I've started to use more Cap & TFA (and, of course, DIYFS) I'm seeing that FA isn't the only game in town. I'm not bashing them at all...they have many good products. But I'm noticing that sometimes one of the other brands works better for certain things. It really does open up some doors for mixing possibilities.
I'd have to say the downside for DIYFS would probably be the fact that a lot of their flavors are meant for standalone use. The bright side is that they are very concentrated.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd have to say the downside for DIYFS would probably be the fact that a lot of their flavors are meant for standalone use. The bright side is that they are very concentrated.

Very true, I love their birthday cake at 5-6% standalone. But I tried to add it to @Huckleberried's Golden Oreo to make birthday cake Oreo and just made it sweeter, the cake flavor disappeared.

Hey everybody,
Has anyone tired their cherry? First time trying to diy a fruity juice. So far I have tried 2, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15 percents and all have had a harsh almost burnt taste. Seems to gum up my coils slightly to? Anyone had this problem? Steeping has seemed to help much either. All the other juices from
flavor shack have been pretty good.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everybody,
Has anyone tired their cherry? First time trying to diy a fruity juice. So far I have tried 2, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15 percents and all have had a harsh almost burnt taste. Seems to gum up my coils slightly to? Anyone had this problem? Steeping has seemed to help much either. All the other juices from
Any ideas?

Thanks
Hey, I don't have it but it's on my list to get. It sounds like an issue I had with their strawberry. I shake the flavor first then I only use 1%. And gunking up coils is caused from vg most of the time. I mix in 90% vg so I'm used to it.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the black cherry, but haven't worked with it as it smells like cough syrup (Just like all cherries...)....

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey everybody,
Any ideas?

Thanks

Typical Cherry & Raspberry flavors are real strong, so like Chaotic mentioned, I'd start with 1% or less.
Probably also better if mixed with something like 3% DIY Holy Vanilla/French Vanilla, or CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.
Not the most forgiving flavors for new DIY mixers IMO.

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Typical Cherry & Raspberry flavors are real strong, so like Chaotic mentioned, I'd start with 1% or less.
Probably also better if mixed with something like 3% DIY Holy Vanilla/French Vanilla, or CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.
Not the most forgiving flavors for new DIY mixers IMO.
As you know I started with them. I really enjoy the challenge. Almost perfected my strawberries and cream yesterday...

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So while I've been gone I've been updating recipes and making new ones however I started selling to a local circle of friends for a low price to help fund my flavor variety so I'll be discontinuing this thread. For anyone needing help with DIYFS flavors, any questions on my recipes that are up, or any conversations on DIYFS feel free to continue to use this thread.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here's one that I have been really enjoying.
Caramel Custard
DIYFS Vanilla Custard 6%
DIYFS Caramel 3%
Great shake and vape, but does get better with age.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's one that I have been really enjoying.
Caramel Custard
DIYFS Vanilla Custard 6%
DIYFS Caramel 3%
Great shake and vape, but does get better with age.
I have their custard, but not their caramel....darn it, Mark! Lol!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have their custard, but not their caramel....darn it, Mark! Lol!
I would think you could sub it for another brand maybe, but I'm sure I'll buy more of both of these flavors again because this mix is almost identical to what I had as my ADV for the longest time, just couldn't afford to pay $50 for 120ml of it anymore. I'm very pleased with the way this turned out.:)
I also have some Strawberry Cheesecake made, but it needs, at least, a week of steeping before I can say much about it I'll post it up once I'm happy with it.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Isn't it nice to be able to make something for a minimal amount of money that used to cost you out the arse? LOVE IT......:D

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Isn't it nice to be able to make something for a minimal amount of money that used to cost you out the arse? LOVE IT......:D
You know it! :D I'm so glad I made the jump into it now. I just placed another order for about $50 worth of new flavors last night, all Caps, TFA, and FA this time, though! :ejuice:

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sounds like my next order will be including pound cake.... I just ordered some stuff on Thursday from them, more bottles and nic but got some flavors too. Cheesecake, banana cream, pineapple, and whipped cream to try in place of sweetness. So you can expect to see them in upcoming recipes. I'm actually working on my most "complex" recipe so far. If this is helping anyone let me know, I just don't want to keep updating this thread if it's nuisance to some people.

I love. Reading
I just got a lot of flavors the banana cream is absolutly delicious with a recipe I saw holy vanilia added I think ..
I have cookies n cream seeing % I need.
Watermelon is next , then Lemonberry sounded good , strawberry lemonade I'm going for . Just need % so not over do .. I hope you keep it up hard to find ones who apreciate these lil bottles of goodness
I did get the caramel marshmallow good stuff.. Haven't tried but can't wait ... Thanks for your time out in

VU Sponsors