Custom Parallel Box Mod

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Hey everybody hows it going!? Im wanting to build myself a box mod and do the whole custom builder thing. Im just unsure on where to start with this whole thing.

I was thinking of picking up a kit from NoNameBoxMods or MotleyMods. Im leaning more towards Motley as his prices and parts look better. As i believe it should have everything i need to get going right? Well besides solder but i have buckets of that laying around lol.

My question is for a parallel box do i need to get a pair of 20A fuses? I see them in some diagrams and I see some without any at all. NoName has them included while Motley does not.

Also if anyone has any tips and tricks to do with this that would be greatly appreciated!!

RonaldStark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You do not need fuses, though you will need a mosfet and resistor to take the amp load off your switch. A fuse will add an element of safety but at the expense of added resistance in your circuit, and if shit does go south the chances are that your mosfet will fry and act as a very expensive fuse anyways

Sent from my iPhone using

VU Sponsors