Become a Patron!

custom install... TC chip into a Coupor Mini box

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok folks... i norm ran mechs until i copped a cloupor mini and i really like it (yes i know their rep). and now i received an Evic VT and LOVE it except for the size. i know its not considered big, but i have really come to love the concealable size of the CM.

i spent weeks researching what chip to go with. and what mods have those chips. anyway i have come to the conclusion that i need a TC device (that works), but in that Cloupor mini form factor.

can any modders here advise what TC chips will fit in the Cloupor mini shell?

oh and i can do w/out the usb if that means squeezing in a nicer chip. thoughts?

Last edited:
T

Taver13

im actually in the process of trying to get a dna40 v3 to work in a cloupor mini, it can be done, just alot of screwing around and cutting stuff to make room, ill be sure to get pictures up for you

T

Taver13

imag0115-jpg.23117

progress being made. gonna finish it up tomorrow,

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
would love to see end results of this one great form factor

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love the form factor of the cliupor mini...especially with the silicone sleeve I have for it.
mine was a lemon but the size was awesome wouldn't mind having one with a 350j chip or a china clone 50 watt dna tc chip

T

Taver13

mine was a lemon but the size was awesome wouldn't mind having one with a 350j chip or a china clone 50 watt dna tc chip
mine was still going strong, and i used it all the time, it was my beater, so i abused it, brought it to work, threw it around n the car. i kept the chip

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Let me know it how it goes can't wait to see the end result buddy

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
im actually in the process of trying to get a dna40 v3 to work in a cloupor mini, it can be done, just alot of screwing around and cutting stuff to make room, ill be sure to get pictures up for you

this is great! this was the chip i was considering. so it wont fit w/out trimming it up a bit eh?

and i agree with both you and Maverick S... the coupor mini is my favorite form factor to date. it perfect in my hand and with a derringer on it its almost like a derringer rig. small but very effective.

anyway, thank you for any pics you can post. and any other directions you may be able to provide.

i am good working with my hands, but have little to no soldering experience. that would be my only challenge i think.

T

Taver13

this is great! this was the chip i was considering. so it wont fit w/out trimming it up a bit eh?

and i agree with both you and Maverick S... the coupor mini is my favorite form factor to date. it perfect in my hand and with a derringer on it its almost like a derringer rig. small but very effective.

anyway, thank you for any pics you can post. and any other directions you may be able to provide.

i am good working with my hands, but have little to no soldering experience. that would be my only challenge i think.
I will defiantly keep updating. I'm going to head back down to the dungeon to work on it. It needed trimming yes but if you look at the chip there are parts of the edges meant to be trimmed if neede

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will defiantly keep updating. I'm going to head back down to the dungeon to work on it. It needed trimming yes but if you look at the chip there are parts of the edges meant to be trimmed if neede

thank you! i may reach out to you if/when i get this chip and start working on it. if you are cool with that of course...?

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thank you!

wait the DNA chips are designed for Ni wire only right? Ti can be used, but some math must be done to get it working accurately correct?

any other chips avail that work with Ni or Ti that may fit?

im still considering the DNA 40 as the best possibility due to size tho.

T

Taver13

how you liking that evic, i have had my eye on one,i love the way that damn thing looks for some reason

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
im loving it so far. its a little larger than i would like, but i can be picky. as discussed earlier the Cloupor Mini is my fave to date size wise.

the Evic though... is awesome so far. the adjustment wheel thing on top isnt as well made as some will have you believe in the reviews. you can tell there is a chincy spring in there. BUT adjustments are not something i will mess with very often once i get my preferred vape dialed in. other than that its seems to be built very well. the battery has lasted me since i got it (last thursday) and still isnt close to half empty. i dont chain vape tho so others would experience less life i would imagine.

if it continues to work like it is now. it is sooooo worth $60 (kit w/out tank). i am keeping the silicone sleeve on mine so that when another option comes along in a smaller size and offers replaceable cells, i will likely be selling the Evic.

fitting the Evic chip into the cloupor would be the ultimate, but im sure it wont fit. the screen is huge.

T

Taver13

if you decide to part ways with it let me know, if i dont have one yet, i may be interested. i cant see myself using anything other than temp control anymore

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
if you decide to part ways with it let me know, if i dont have one yet, i may be interested. i cant see myself using anything other than temp control anymore

if/when that time comes... you will be the first to know.

T

Taver13

well, i slacked off on the build today, ended up cleaning and re-orginizing the juice lab. i got wreckless when we launched and got slammed with orders. i hope to finish this thing off tomorrow

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i know you are a busy man, but any progress?

also, about the DNA40... i have zero experience with this chip. what are all the negatives i keep hearing about when it comes to this one. in the DNA200 thread there are countless posts of people saying things like "i really hope evolv can dig themselves out of the DNA40 hole"... or similar stuff.

what were the DNA40 problems?

T

Taver13

im actually on my way down to the dungeon to work on it in a few, i think the hole they are refering too is the earlier 2 versions when they released it with too many bugs. the v3 version is a great chip but the damage had already been done

T

Taver13

well, i didnt like the way this was coming out, and the switches sucked, so i ripped it all apart. im gonna order some different switches, and start all over. damnit.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well, i didnt like the way this was coming out, and the switches sucked, so i ripped it all apart. im gonna order some different switches, and start all over. damnit.

damn!

you mean the buttons on the Cloupor mini sucked on the DNA40 chip? like they didnt line up properly or were not activating properly?

i was REALLY hoping the chip could simply be swapped into the stock cloupor box.

again, thanks for all your work on this!

T

Taver13

the button layout is not even close to the same. i took the fire button off of the dna board completly. in order for it to fit the edges need to be trimmed as well. it requires that you run new switches from the provided holes in the board. trying to mounth the buttons in the cloupor was just not working, so im gonna order some of those hana buttons. those should be a bit easier to mount

T

Taver13

i should have also stated that t he buttons on the mini are part of the board

T

Taver13

hey sorry i havent been around, i finally got to move back into my house this week so i have been pretty busy. have no fear i will be hopefully get to finish it up here by the end of the week

T

Taver13

time to ressurect this thread! im back at it after finally getting some much needed downtime

T

Taver13

2015-08-09 11.10.20.jpg
just reinforced the solder joints, going to add a dab of hot glue to them so they dont have a chance of touching the mod body and shorting to ground when i try to jam all this crap in the damn thing

VU Sponsors