Become a Patron!

Custom Engraved Hammond Boxes - A New Frontier

Hello all.
I have a high powered laser engraver capable of engraving (and etching if desired) stainless steel, aluminum, etc. I haven't had it long and have been playing around with different designs and settings to get the best results.

Question - are these hammond boxes galvanized? the finish has that 2 tone blotchy galvanized appearance but i cant find anywhere online that refers to them as such. Usually stainless is galvanized but I know aluminum can be too. The blotchyness goes away once you sand past the surface with sandpaper leaving a nice finish, so I assume it was dipped into something to protect it from rust? I dunno.. figure you builders might know.

Anyhow let me know what you think of the results. I have seen alot of paint dipped hammonds, and alot of laser etched and chemical etched, but I am not sure if anyone else is doing this on vapes...

I sanded the face of this one with 400 grit sandpaper before engraving, a trick i just recently started using lol.

I should get better the more experience I get with the machine. It has a rotary device I can use on mech mods but haven't messed with it yet.

9jlis9.jpg

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Letter spacing is a little off but it looks good. Nice clean look

VU Sponsors