Become a Patron!

Cuboid Mini coils tastes a little burnt

Hello - first post here.

I recently decided to ditch the cigarettes and go for vaping instead! So I bought a Joyetech Cuboid Mini starter kit. I started using the 0.25 ohm notch coil from the kit, and I burnt that up really quickly. I then used the 0.5 ohm coil, and burnt that too. I then went to the 1.5 ohm Clapton coil, and it lasted about 1 day - and then I burnt that too! It is not extremely burnt in the flavor, but it tastes a little burnt and has no flavor from the juice.

I then bought a pack of 5 more of the clapton coils, and now after 1 day again, it is starting to taste a little burnt!

I am priming the coils with at least 5 drops of juice before inserting. I am also letting the coils soak for 5-10 minutes before taking the first puffs. My E-juice is 50/50 PG/VG with 12mg of Nicotine - I even tried a more powerful juice flavor to see if it would overrule the bad taste.

Any help in resolving this issue would be great!
P.S. I am well below the watt limitations for the coils - this clapton coil has an 8-20W recommendation, and I am usually vaping on 8 or 9 watts in Power Mode.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Bumping for help. I've never used one, but I've seen other threads for this device before. Good luck, and welcome to VU :wave:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If your trying to match the draw of a cigarette you may not have enough air flow to cool the coil. Just a thought..

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have this set up, I haven't got the burning taste as you describe, the only difference I can see from mine to yours, would be my juice ratios are 70/30 and 10 mg nic, using the clapton coils like you are, same wattage.
82156fa4-dce3-4300-b865-962ca77aaeba_zpshv7vdyim.jpg

VU Sponsors