Become a Patron!

Cthulhu MTL Review by DeucesJack

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Full Disclosure:

This tank was sent to me directly from Cthulhu for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form affect my review or cause me to give it a favorable review. As always, you will receive an honest, detailed, straightforward review.
321b59e1b6d9f2a0129d0503daeb8cce.jpg

First Impressions Out of the Box:

Tank comes well packaged in a plastic type jewel case. Everything is tightly packed and it should travel well. It looks like a chunky little tank with some nice texture to. Tank appears to be very well made. It looks very appealing and I hope it vapes as good as it looks.

What's Included? :

Open up the case and you are greeted with a tank, Spare Glass, MTL DT, Spare O'Rings, Blue Phillips Head Screwdriver, 3 Airflow Reduction Pins, and Spare Grub Screws.
9183081f748e9b3828e8ead1e54c4611.jpg

From The Top Down:

The DT’s provided are very nice and a MTLer’s dream. One is red and kind of restrictive and the other is black and really restrictive. The red has a .5mm bore and the black has a .3mm bore. These are both made of delrin and very well done. They do not get hot while chain vaping.

The top cap is very well machined with buttery smooth threading. The top cap has a really solid feel to it and it has some really nice threading on the exterior. The threading makes removing the top cap a breeze. The juice fill holes are as big as they can be for a tank this size. They will accommodate any type of juice bottle.

The chimney is one of the more narrow ones I have ever seen. Undoubtedly contributing to the MTL draw and fantastic flavor of this tank. The bell cap has a two step conical design that's well thought out and brilliantly executed.

The deck is a thing of beauty and you can tell just by looking at it that it was designed by people who vape. The attention to detail and the way it's set up is definitely indicative of that. It's a single coil deck with phillips head screws. Juice is fed to the cotton via the bottom of the deck. The juice ports are perfect in size a and make for easy wicking.

The airflow hole though is the meat and potatoes of this tank. The provided restrictor pins allow for a wide, precise range of airflow. Run it wide open and you have a 4mm hole. You also have the option of cutting the airflow hole back to 3mm, 1.6mm, and 1.2mm. I wish there was a way to quickly swap out the pins without having to actually remove the coil. I have a brilliant idea for that but I'm not willing to share it here.

When mounting your coil in this deck there is a little slot that's meant for you to put the end of your lead in. This insures that the end of your lead will not touch the bell cap and give you the dreaded Atomizer Short message. Again, very well thought out and designed. Like the rest of the tank threading on the deck buttery smooth.
ed3bcedf8e6155ebb3985ac7b64899a9.jpg
e3531b408a044fb636a33f690746579d.jpg
98e18d3bd02f3b4cbbb783f2d4c1f124.jpg

The JFC is the only part of this tank I truly dislike. It's one of those JFC’S that require you to actually unscrew the base about a quarter of a turn. It's functional and works well but I do prefer a separate ring for this.

The 510 pin is solid and makes a great connection on all my mods. The pin does protrude but use it on a mech or hybrid at your own risk.
abcd4931c5f48d7e51bc883b509a4036.jpg

Building and Wicking:

Building and wicking this tank is as easy as could be. Mount your coil, center it, pull the leads thru the channel and clip them. Since its a MTL tank I think it definitely does better with simple builds. It can handle a big coil but for the type of vape this tank excels in the simple coils do much better.

If you are going to run a coil like a Clapton in it I would recommend running it wide open. I am running a 2.5mm SS Clapton in there right now. I'm ohming out at .56 and I vape her at at 40 watts in TC at 500f. Flavor is great because I'm running it wide open. When I was using the restrictor pins I got a better vape from the simple coils.

I love running my tobaccos in this tank with the restrictor pins. I get a great flavorful vape. I suggest using simple builds in this tank when using the restrictor pins because that way you just don't have to throw a lot of wattage at it. It can handle the wattage but it does better in a MTL scenario with the simpler coils.

But Deuces, How Does She Vape? :

Vape quality on this tank is fantastic. As the name suggests it's definitely geared toward the MTL vaper. Knocked down to the tightest setting with the tightest DT I get a cigarette type draw. The draw on the second tightest setting is akin to a STM open about halfway open. The third tightest setting is a real restrictive lung hit almost bordering on being able to do a MTL hit. The most wide open setting with no restrictor pin is a medium draw lung hit. Not really loose or airy but but not tight at all either. This is by no means a cloud chucker. This tank is built specifically for flavor and it does a most admirable job at that.

Conclusion:

If you're a MTL vaper then this tank is a must have. It will give you a Kayfun type of vape without the hefty price tag. If you're new to vaping and not quite sure what you like this tank will give you enough range to find your sweet spot. Definitely a worthy addition to any vapers arsenal. It is worthy of being a DeucesJack approved tank.

If you found this review helpful please feel free to give me a follow and a like. If you're a Vendor and would like a DeucesJack review please feel free to PM me on this forum.

Pros:

- Construction
- Well thought out and executed design
- Tons of airflow options
- Plenty of extras
- Well packaged
- Excellent DT’s
- Beautifully designed deck
- Easy to build and wick
- Smooth threading
- Flavor
- Attention to detail
- Conical design

Cons:

- JFC should have separate adjustment
- Restrictor pins are a pain to swap out

On Different Mods:

Hohmtech G2
44593a1f27be5483da89b064d5d9fca4.jpg

Hohmtech Slice
ba181e0bca1b4bdec5dc7e8275a9858e.jpg

Wismec Reauleaux
e46561c43f1fb2122543cdd585b481d4.jpg

P4U IPV5
9b97b9f186aeb7f5d5217c88af60fb30.jpg

Bombertech Block22
874061d41ec26eab2579db664cd2639f.jpg

Ehpro Evok 80
877e6dae54f1e428b748a220d24d3098.jpg

Sigelei 213
3ef820858fa485ea495ca479c5df6911.jpg

Joytech Cuboid
8dc419b98b54cc5f5a78d5b48de81fab.jpg

Specs:

- 3 swappable air flow resistors in the tank(Dia. 1.2mm, 1.6mm, 3mm). Dia 4 mm air hole if we remove airflow resistor.
- Two drip tips(Dia. 5mm and Dia. 3mm).
- Adjustable juice flow.
- Adjustable air flow.
- Short Cthulhu two-step-chimney, improving flavor.
- Food grade 304 steel.
- 3ml capacity.
- Easy top refilling.

WIDTH: 24mm / 0.94 in

HEIGHT: 39 mm / 1.54 in (without drip tip)

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

Last edited:
How does the flavor compare to the Kayfun Lite+ V2? I am deciding on buying a glass kit for my Kayfun or going for something new altogether. Also, mine is definitely authentic. It's the Five Pawns version, which is cool I guess, but I am just trying to get a great MTL hit that can beat my Kayfun, if that is possible. Thanks dude!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How does the flavor compare to the Kayfun Lite+ V2? I am deciding on buying a glass kit for my Kayfun or going for something new altogether. Also, mine is definitely authentic. It's the Five Pawns version, which is cool I guess, but I am just trying to get a great MTL hit that can beat my Kayfun, if that is possible. Thanks dude!
Honestly, I don't have those tanks.

-William Cowper

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was kiddin with you a couple months ago about using youtube, I actually like the written reviews better.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was kiddin with you a couple months ago about using youtube, I actually like the written reviews better.
Thx man, I will continue to do both even after I launch on YT.

-William Cowper

VU Sponsors