Become a Patron!

CSMNT RDA leaking

Hi I recently purchased a Csmnt RDA and have tried various builds and wicking techniques and every time it leaks on me and I don't know why. Any help is appreciated.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Assuming you aren't overdripping it and, despite this, the juice is leaking out of the air holes, the wicking technique (and possibly also the coil positioning) is the culprit. I just dump juice down the middle of the drip tip... always make sure there is a little bit of distance between the cotton and the air holes so that juice running over the wicks doesn't come in contact with the air holes, and, slightly thin out the edges of the wicks before you juice it up so that the wicks don't get squashed by the inside of the cap. After you juice it up, use the side of the tip of a cotton hook tool or of a darning-needle to very gently (i.e. without applying any real pressure) rub the cotton fibers sticking out; underneath the coil you rub them downward and you bud them flat against the bottom of the deck, and, everywhere else you rub them away from the coils and away from the air holes. Sculpting the juiced up cotton in such a way that the 90 degree bends in the wicks aren't touching the uppermost half of the inside of the cap also helps if you drip onto the edge of the drip tip above the air holes.

001.jpg 002.jpg

VU Sponsors