Become a Patron!

Crockpot steeping question

BKvaper78

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would like to try steeping my diy liquids in a crockpot but I have a few questions. Most of the posts i have seen say to set the crockpot to 150 degrees 2+ hours depending on the type of liquid but no crockpot i have seen have a temperature setting. The warm setting on most of them tend to reach 210 degrees according to the manufacturers' sites. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Crack the lid open during the process.

We have one that has a temp control, once it reaches the desired temp, it sets to warm and regulates the temp.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got a mini crockpot for dips that I use.
Fucked if know where you can pick one up at other than as a set with a big one. But multiple crockpots may be in order here soonish. I know it is kind of lazy cooking but beats the hell out of heating the whole place in the summer.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a mini crockpot for dips that I use.

haha.. thats funny - I so went yard sale hopping today... looking for one of those mini crock pots... haven't seen them for sale except as a set with the larger one as you said. Figure someone has one somewhere! have all the relatives checking ;p

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
haha.. thats funny - I so went yard sale hopping today... looking for one of those mini crock pots... haven't seen them for sale except as a set with the larger one as you said. Figure someone has one somewhere! have all the relatives checking ;p
Shame you couldn't have been here this weekend. We had a neighborhood association yard sale. We didn't participate, but we did yard hop! So fun :) Lots of kitchen appliances, including a crock pot, but a regular size.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just found a couple of the mini's on ebay ... but also had a thought.. since only need to really steep 1-4 mix's at a time right now.. i bet i can tweak a cup warmer with a stoneware mug (maybe slide in a timer laying around) to do the deed .. hmmm have to test the temp on this.. but def could work!!

I will update on this little 'po' mans mini crock steeper' - with the summer here also don't like to run the full deal if I don't have to! lol

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I use the Microwave method. Quick and easy, seems to work. I put my juice in top off for 7 seconds. Then I cap and shake! I repeat this at least 2 more times, three for large batches. After the final shake I store it for a few hours with the cap off to cool and I'm ready to vape.

VU Sponsors