Creamy Coconut Custard

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Creamy coconut and vanilla custard. May be better with FA coconut subbed, but unfortunatly I do not have any. This is a tasty one regardless, at least to me.

Cap Vanilla Custard v2 - 8%
Cap Coconut - 5%
FA Fresh Cream - 1%
FA Vanilla Classic - 1%
FA Vienna Cream - 0.5%

This one is a steeper, starts work its magic at about a week, longer would be better imo.

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks! I'm going to try this tonight. What percentage of FA coconut do you suggest? I'm learning ;)

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks! I'm going to try this tonight. What percentage of FA coconut do you suggest? I'm learning ;)
I'd say try 2-3%. You can vape right after mixing, the custard melds and develops better with time though.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They all sound so good <sigh> I'll never get around to making all the recipes.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Creamy coconut and vanilla custard. May be better with FA coconut subbed, but unfortunatly I do not have any. This is a tasty one regardless, at least to me.

Cap Coconut - 5%
FA Fresh Cream - 1%
FA Vanilla Classic - 1%
FA Vienna Cream - 0.5%

This one is a steeper, starts work its magic at about a week, longer would be better imo.

I have all these except for the Cap Vanilla custard. Did you try this with FA Custard ? if not, any thoughts on how it would work with this recipe? I do have that, as well as FA coconut.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have all these except for the Cap Vanilla custard. Did you try this with FA Custard ? if not, any thoughts on how it would work with this recipe? I do have that, as well as FA coconut.

FA custard is totally different in flavor to the Caps! But you should try it with what you have - I adore FA custard as well :)

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks @Amanda! I will give it a go. I love this is in real life. In FOOD life, I mean. I know from HIC's notes that FA Custard has at least a small lemon note, but I am guessing that should be fine here, taste-wise. We'll see! I'm caught between the choices of trying next either this one, White Coconut Cake (by Cramptholomew), or just plain FA hazelnut with with Vienna Cream. After narrowing it way down, I'm not even totally sure about that. I feel like I'm pondering infinity :)

About the use of FA coconut here--which is the one I have--instead of 5% CAPS: do you think 1% would be a good starting place as an equivalent?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm totally in love with the White coconut cake - but you needs caps custard for that one too!

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ah yes.. I've never tried it--that I know of. Outside of possibly in a vendor juice, I mean. I guess they really are not so interchangeable, eh? I mean, if it tastes a bit different from what I'm used to in a custard flavor, that's okay with me...as long as it doesn't wreck the balance of the recipe in some way I can't anticipate. In fact, from HIC's descriptions, FA custard seems like it would be eggier, more like an actual custard than is the usual vendor custard flavoring--which might be closer to vanilla pudding? That would be great as far as I'm concerned. I will find out soon enough.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah yes.. I've never tried it--that I know of. Outside of possibly in a vendor juice, I mean. I guess they really are not so interchangeable, eh? I mean, if it tastes a bit different from what I'm used to in a custard flavor, that's okay with me...as long as it doesn't wreck the balance of the recipe in some way I can't anticipate. In fact, from HIC's descriptions, FA custard seems like it would be eggier, more like an actual custard than is the usual vendor custard flavoring--which might be closer to vanilla pudding? That would be great as far as I'm concerned. I will find out soon enough.

Most vendors use Caps custard! (It has a very distinctive taste)

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
.....Which is? lol I have the Capella Custard and so far I'm not impressed. Trying to figure out if I need to tweek percentages, steep longer or give up on it. Can anyone describe to their best ability what it tastes like?
Most vendors use Caps custard! (It has a very distinctive taste)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.....Which is? lol I have the Capella Custard and so far I'm not impressed. Trying to figure out if I need to tweek percentages, steep longer or give up on it. Can anyone describe to their best ability what it tastes like?

Capella custard needs a long steep. Actually it does very well in the crockpot I can't describe it at all, except to say it has a strong taste that can taste like barf to some LOL

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think that may be what I'm getting. Lol. I mean, how long is long? To me a long steep is a month while others it's a week. I love FA and to me it takes 3-4 weeks to be good. Is that what we're talking with this Capella stuff or even longer?
I don't have a crock pot or anything like that so I just let it age naturally after a couple of hot water baths.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think that may be what I'm getting. Lol. I mean, how long is long? To me a long steep is a month while others it's a week. I love FA and to me it takes 3-4 weeks to be good. Is that what we're talking with this Capella stuff or even longer?
I don't have a crock pot or anything like that so I just let it age naturally after a couple of hot water baths.

Save yourself some time and buy the $10 crockpot from Target! Caps custard gets better the longer it steeps! I find FA good right off the bat, though - at most a couple of days!

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm broke as hell but I'll keep it in mind. Does this crock pot method work best for tobaccos and dessert flavors? I don't imagine fruits and stuff like that would work well with it.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm broke as hell but I'll keep it in mind. Does this crock pot method work best for tobaccos and dessert flavors? I don't imagine fruits and stuff like that would work well with it.

I really use it for Caps custard (and caps flavors ) and tobaccos (don't make many of those). I don't use it much for straight FA flavor mixes though.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FA custard tastes like a real custard, not like a pudding. CA's flavor is tastes likes concocted flavors. What comes to my mind is banana pudding. There is one version that is made with Jello pudding. That is the Caps. Then there is the one that is made from scratch with much stirring over a double boiler. That one is FA.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FA custard tastes like a real custard, not like a pudding. CA's flavor is tastes likes concocted flavors. What comes to my mind is banana pudding. There is one version that is made with Jello pudding. That is the Caps. Then there is the one that is made from scratch with much stirring over a double boiler. That one is FA.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for! Do you find that FA custard requires more steeping than other custards, or less? In general, people say FA (on the whole) can be vaped right away, but I wonder about the custard. Maybe I will try for an almond coconut version of this - of CurlyCracker's recipe :)

I guess I'll start with 0.5% each of the coconut & almond, and 2% fa custard, along with the other ingredients.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't find FA custard needs much steeping. But then again I don't find I have to steep any FA flavors much - perhaps because the percentages are so low?

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Steeping seems to vary from person to person. Some see no change with it. Some swear by it. I personally always steep my juices. A very small amount of juices are good right away for me. It may be because I use small percentages with flavoring. I'm not sure. I also use high VG and very little to no nicotine.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is exactly what I'm hoping for! Do you find that FA custard requires more steeping than other custards, or less? In general, people say FA (on the whole) can be vaped right away, but I wonder about the custard. Maybe I will try for an almond coconut version of this - of CurlyCracker's recipe :)

I guess I'll start with 0.5% each of the coconut & almond, and 2% fa custard, along with the other ingredients.

My ADV includes FA custard. It's a shake & vape for me.

Cap Coconut - 5%
FA Fresh Cream - 1%
FA Vanilla Classic - 1%
FA Vienna Cream - 0.5%

wow this sounds good. going to try it this weekend thanks

xXxLEONIDASxXx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had to sub TFA Marshmallow for the Vienna Cream and TFA Vanilla Swirl for Vanilla Classic. Shake and vape is great, but will be awesome in a week or two. Thanks for the recipe!

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had this steeping for about a week.
Tried it this morning and wow this is so freaking delicious!
If you like a good creamy coconut cream vape, look no further!

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi @j3rian :)

Did you use the CAPS Coconut or FA's, and if FA's, what % did you use? I don't have CAPS Coconut :| I have FA Coconut, Flavorah Coconut, TFA Coconut Extra, and FW Coconut Cream Pie

Last edited:

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used the FA Coconut I think I used 2.5% I may use a little more next time.
With the FA Coconut the coconut is not overpowering but it is definitely there.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I used the FA Coconut I think I used 2.5% I may use a little more next time.
With the FA Coconut the coconut is not overpowering but it is definitely there.

Thanks.... I'm going to mix it up tomorrow morning. It looks like it could be very good.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is possible that I went with the 5% for the FA Coconut, I am not home so I can't check my notes.

But 2.5 to 5% is definitely where I was at with this.

I wish I had some of the TFA Coconut extra though....I think I would use some of that.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It is possible that I went with the 5% for the FA Coconut, I am not home so I can't check my notes.

But 2.5 to 5% is definitely where I was at with this.

I wish I had some of the TFA Coconut extra though....I think I would use some of that.

I might try smaller batches with all of the coconuts I have :D

VU Sponsors