Become a Patron!

Creamy Butter Pecan

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could have sworn I posted this before, as I've been making this for about a year, but I think it must have slipped by me. It's too good NOT to share, though! According to my notes from last September, this was V7 & I've made it 5 times now without tinkering. It needs at least a week, but not much more than that.

1.25% FA Butter
5.5% FW Butter Pecan
1.75% HS Caramel Toffee
2.25% CAP Cereal 27
1.75% FW Salted Caramel
1.75% TFA Sweet Cream
2.25% CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
1.25 INW Vanilla Cream

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Amazing. You really are putting out the recipes! Another to go on the list!

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Amazing. You really are putting out the recipes! Another to go on the list!
Thanks, but now it will be a while. I only mix about every 3 months & the few that I thought were good enough from July's session have been published. Some that didn't make the cut will be up again in the future for another version & some have been scrapped. It will probably be October now before I mix multiple batches again, which means it won't be until November before I know if any of those are good. I AM going to give my Cherries & Cream recipe another go 'round (V4) in the next few weeks though, because that one has been kicking my butt & I'm determined to get a good one out of it yet! :D

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks, but now it will be a while. I only mix about every 3 months & the few that I thought were good enough from July's session have been published. Some that didn't make the cut will be up again in the future for another version & some have been scrapped. It will probably be October now before I mix multiple batches again, which means it won't be until November before I know if any of those are good. I AM going to give my Cherries & Cream recipe another go 'round (V4) in the next few weeks though, because that one has been kicking my butt & I'm determined to get a good one out of it yet! :D
Cherries are tough! Have you tried WF Black Cherry Jelly Bean? Or MB Red Cherry? Both are pretty good cherries.....obviously the WF is a little more candy like, being it’s a jelly bean, but it does do that dark cherry thing fairly well.

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cherries are tough! Have you tried WF Black Cherry Jelly Bean? Or MB Red Cherry? Both are pretty good cherries.....obviously the WF is a little more candy like, being it’s a jelly bean, but it does do that dark cherry thing fairly well.
I have 11 or 12 cherry flavors now & I figure if I can't get something from them then it will be a while because I'll move on to something else rather than keep chasing.

My latest combo consisting of FW Amaretto, FW Cherry Crush, FW Maraschino with just a little bit of INW Shisha Strawberry is starting to seem promising, but I won't know anything definite for another month or so.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have 11 or 12 cherry flavors now & I figure if I can't get something from them then it will be a while because I'll move on to something else rather than keep chasing.

My latest combo consisting of FW Amaretto, FW Cherry Crush, FW Maraschino with just a little bit of INW Shisha Strawberry is starting to seem promising, but I won't know anything definite for another month or so.
Nice. Let us know your results. :)

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not to blow my own horn too much, but it's so good I feel guilty when I vape it!

I used to feel just like this when I first discovered a cinnamon churro vape i liked, years ago. I would wake up in the middle of the night to vape it. It was my first positive experience with AP (among relatively few before or since) and I was in heaven.

sad ending: As a result I bought a 60ml of FW Cinnamon Churro and immediately got sick of it. It happens.

Thanks for the recipe, Howard! I'm excited to try it.

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could have sworn I posted this before, as I've been making this for about a year, but I think it must have slipped by me. It's too good NOT to share, though! According to my notes from last September, this was V7 & I've made it 5 times now without tinkering. It needs at least a week, but not much more than that.

1.25% FA Butter
5.5% FW Butter Pecan
1.75% HS Caramel Toffee
2.25% CAP Cereal 27
1.75% FW Salted Caramel
1.75% TFA Sweet Cream
2.25% CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
1.25 INW Vanilla Cream
I'm just starting to mix and this sounds great. Can't find the FA butter, any good substitutes?

VU Sponsors