Become a Patron!

Cracking/popping sound? iSub Tank

lexi13nicole

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I just received my innokin iSub tank, I LOVE it. Soo much better then the iClear 30, or I think so anyway. It makes kind of a loud pop/crack while I vape, is this normal? Can you rinse the coils out to change juice as well? Or is it better to just replace the coil?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JackVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
It is normal, mine has the same problem, you may change to different ejuice. I am not sure. Isub kind of stupid for the bottom fill, you can never full fill the tank.

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
The snap, crackle, and pop that you are hearing is the juice being heated by the coil and vaporizing. Not all tanks emit that distinct sound, but when I hear it, it is music to my ears. I personally do not rinse my coils per say, but if I had a menthol flavor in the tank and I want to switch to a non-menthol flavor, I take the easy way out and simply replace my coil. Some flavors like menthol or cinnamon can "stick to the wick" and carry that flavor over on a fresh tank of juice. Hope that helps :)

I totally hate the popping sound I get with the iSub and with the Cubis tanks - so I quit using them (hate wasting money) so my question is: Is there ANY way or any juice ratio that prevents this or just not using them? Thank you so much!

Oh, and both of them gurgle, too, and leak. Just soooo unhappy with them.

liblue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I totally hate the popping sound I get with the iSub and with the Cubis tanks - so I quit using them (hate wasting money) so my question is: Is there ANY way or any juice ratio that prevents this or just not using them? Thank you so much!

Oh, and both of them gurgle, too, and leak. Just soooo unhappy with them.
You might try turning up the power........I used to also be bothered with the noise....but as the coil gets used it's not as much...

You might try turning up the power........I used to also be bothered with the noise....but as the coil gets used it's not as much...
Thanks, liblue - so basically you're saying it will always *pop* and gurgle? I am still new enough at vaping to be afraid of turning up the watts very much, I try to abide by the safety charts AMAP - what wattage would you recommend to slow down the popping & maybe stop the gurgling? Thanks!

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As long as I'm not getting spit back, I like a nice crackely coil.

I have tried to rinse coils for re-use and in my experience it tasted weird. Just refill the tank and after some vaping, the old flavor should fade.

As long as I'm not getting spit back, I like a nice crackely coil.

I have tried to rinse coils for re-use and in my experience it tasted weird. Just refill the tank and after some vaping, the old flavor should fade.

Thanks, skt239 - I just cannot seem to relax when I vape when I get an unexpected (or even expected) loud pop - mild crackling isn't so bad but when it sounds like the old cap guns I played with as a child, it makes me jump. No, spit back is nasty - I agree. I generally don't try to rinse my coils although I had to after a particularly perfumey, fakey peach taste that just wouldn't go away (VapeWild LBC juice - ugh!). Thanks for the tip.

F

fckaugust8th

It would help if you tell us what resistance coil and how many watts/volts you are using. Typically, the coils will pop when the juice is heated to boiling/vaporizing temperature but there isn't a complete vaporization. This will result in the snap, crackle, pop sounds as well as some hot juice popping on your tongue ( spit back). Usually I start at the low end of the recommended range and slowly start moving up in small increments. As the wattage (I go 0.2-0.3 watts at a time)goes up, the vaporization is more complete and the crackles go down. That should also alleviate/eliminate the gurgles too. I would not suggest going very much above that point, you might end up with a dry hit (not enough juice on the wick, burnt cotton) and that is one nasty taste, take it on faith and don't do it.:confused:

I was using the recommended settings for the coil that came with it (it's in the tank right now & I can't read thru the plastic) - I am a cautious vaper so don't usually go over 10-15 watts or over 4.1 volts on my MVP 3 Pro or my CoolFire4, I think I did try up to 25 on the iSub but still with no joy. Thank you soooo much for the in-depth answer, Brewbear, that really helps explain what's really happening. I actually got to experience the dry hit once (burned up the coil, too!) and learned to look at the volts & watts FIRST, then look up how much I can go with any given coil/setup. It WAS nasty! :)

It would help if you tell us what resistance coil and how many watts/volts you are using. Typically, the coils will pop when the juice is heated to boiling/vaporizing temperature but there isn't a complete vaporization. This will result in the snap, crackle, pop sounds as well as some hot juice popping on your tongue ( spit back). Usually I start at the low end of the recommended range and slowly start moving up in small increments. As the wattage (I go 0.2-0.3 watts at a time)goes up, the vaporization is more complete and the crackles go down. That should also alleviate/eliminate the gurgles too. I would not suggest going very much above that point, you might end up with a dry hit (not enough juice on the wick, burnt cotton) and that is one nasty taste, take it on faith and don't do it.:confused:

VU Sponsors