Become a Patron!

Could vaping be stealing my energy?

Melicious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Has anyone else noticed a decrease in energy since switching from cigs to vaping? It wasn't that long ago that I could spring out of bed in the morning full of pep and ready to hit the ground running. Lately I've been waking up REALLY tired. It takes me a good hour to feel ready to do anything and by mid-afternoon I'm always ready to crash. I was also getting a lot of headaches during the first few months after the switch. These issues may be completely unrelated to vaping so I'm curious about the experiences of others.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your getting old lol. Just kidding. There's a lot of negative side effects in the beginning from quitting cigarettes. Headaches and feeling run down are some of them. Someone will read this post and put up a link about the "after effects of quitting". I've seen it before. Hope you feel better !

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Head aches were a factor for me just for the first few weeks after getting off the smokes, I think that links up with the way nic is run through the body in a different way with cig's VS vaping, Vaping it's absorbed through the mouth into the blood stream.That is a guess for me. also cigs did seem to give me added energy and with that taken away I felt that energy missing, so maybe there is something to what your asking, I just don't have the detailed facts about it to really say. Who knows maybe soon we will start seeing some clinical study results start coming out soon that can possible answer a few of these types of questions.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How much are you vaping? Headaches can also be the result of too much nicotine.

Also, one thing I try to do is to curtail my vaping prior to going to sleep or at least vape juices with less nicotine in them than I normally would during the day.. Nicotine being a stimulant can have an effect on sleep patterns for some folks.

Melicious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hmmm...that's a good question. I probably average around 15 ml a day at 1.5% nic. I have the Kanger subtank mini and I can easily go through 3 tanks sometimes 4 in a day depending on what's going on. The headaches have subsided, but my energy hasn't completely returned. Maybe I should whip up some zero nic juice for before bed use. Thanks for the feedback and replies. I know we all have different routines and respond to things differently, but it can be helpful to compare notes!!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It certainly took time for me to sleep well in the beginning. I lowered the strength of my nic and it helped tremendously. Also, very important, stay hydrated.

streakerz10

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I quit the ciggs in February this year and I haven't had a single migraine headache since used to be every other day and I don't need as much sleep to feel refreshed

Hey there.. It would be a norm, this are some known side affects when you quit analogue Ciggies.. 2 things I would suggest you do. Drink lots water and have a banana a day matey.. Try it a week and lemme know if you feel better.. Hope this help.

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk

I was the same way . I couldent just jump out of bed like I used to befor the switch but after awhile I got better. Try exercising to regain your stamina and it should also help the way you feel

Sent from my SCH-R530X using Tapatalk

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I quit the ciggs in February this year and I haven't had a single migraine headache since used to be every other day and I don't need as much sleep to feel refreshed
This for me also. But I did the dietary change thing also.
Just the once in a while tension headache when I get a bit dehydrated.

High Society Supply

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try coffee. Americas number 1 caffiene fix for more energy. Also you can try exercising to pump up your natural endorphins, get your blood pumping with increase your energy. And maybe take some breaths between vapes.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm the other way around. Cig's always messed with my sinuses, this caused poor sleep due to restricted breathing. I could smoke one and feel my energy sap away from me.

It's only been a little over 2 months, but since I started vaping, I sleep better, wake refreshed, my allergies are greatly reduced, and I generally feel much better.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone else noticed a decrease in energy since switching from cigs to vaping? It wasn't that long ago that I could spring out of bed in the morning full of pep and ready to hit the ground running. Lately I've been waking up REALLY tired. It takes me a good hour to feel ready to do anything and by mid-afternoon I'm always ready to crash. I was also getting a lot of headaches during the first few months after the switch. These issues may be completely unrelated to vaping so I'm curious about the experiences of others.
When you quit smoking, the crap that has built up in your system is slowly dealt with by your body. My fix was to take a multivitamin in the morning and then take a B Vitamin complex 2 hours before bed. It took a few weeks, but the energy returned. During that time I was coughing up crap from smoking, but with a few weeks time, that too stopped. Cut back on the caffeine, nothing after 12:00 noon, including Tea and Soda's. It will help.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When you quit smoking, the crap that has built up in your system is slowly dealt with by your body. My fix was to take a multivitamin in the morning and then take a B Vitamin complex 2 hours before bed. It took a few weeks, but the energy returned. During that time I was coughing up crap from smoking, but with a few weeks time, that too stopped. Cut back on the caffeine, nothing after 12:00 noon, including Tea and Soda's. It will help.
And drink LOTS of water! Vaping dehydrates you, so you need to replenish it. My water intake has gone up from about a quart per day to about a gallon per day. Plus water is good for you!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And drink LOTS of water! Vaping dehydrates you, so you need to replenish it. My water intake has gone up from about a quart per day to about a gallon per day. Plus water is good for you!
Yea, but DiHydrogen Monoxide kills more people than tobacco every year;)

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea, but DiHydrogen Monoxide kills more people than tobacco every year;)

Yeah, it's generally instantly deadly when inhaled! lol

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When I switched to vaping I had the bad headaches and a really nasty cough. The headaches went away after a couple weeks and the cough after 6 weeks or so. Now I feel better than I have felt in years.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I switched to vaping I had the bad headaches and a really nasty cough. The headaches went away after a couple weeks and the cough after 6 weeks or so. Now I feel better than I have felt in years.
The headaches were caused from tar, & other shit withdrawal. Rough voice, shut up & listen. Smell comes back, it's awesome.

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My cough was REALLY bad for the first couple weeks. I never coughed that violently or frequently when I smoked cigarettes. I was a little worried that I was having a bad reaction to vaping but I kept reading that it was just my lungs clearing out all the crap from years of cigarette smoking. I freaked out a little when I saw little black specks in the phlegm I coughed up :eek: but I read on webmb that it was common in people who recently quit smoking cigarettes.

Melicious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It does feel great to be rid of that stinky habit. Admittedly I enjoyed smoking, but I like vaping even more! I do get plenty of exercise and water. I'll add the banana and some supplements to my daily regimen and see how that works out. I guess I didn't give enough thought to the side effects (or duration) associated with quitting and the measures I can take to help the process!! It can be alarming and discouraging to be caught unaware and of course the temptation is to blame it all on vaping. A friend's brother returned to cigs when he got really sick after making the switch. I also experienced a solid week of terrible flu-like symptoms, but thankfully that along with the headaches are behind me at this point. Hopefully in a few weeks time I'll be posting some positive energy gains as well!!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
There's a lot your body has to recover from, when you stop smoking. Shocking, huh? Body shocking. SOOOO much better to be rid of them.

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It does feel great to be rid of that stinky habit. Admittedly I enjoyed smoking, but I like vaping even more! I do get plenty of exercise and water. I'll add the banana and some supplements to my daily regimen and see how that works out. I guess I didn't give enough thought to the side effects (or duration) associated with quitting and the measures I can take to help the process!! It can be alarming and discouraging to be caught unaware and of course the temptation is to blame it all on vaping. A friend's brother returned to cigs when he got really sick after making the switch. I also experienced a solid week of terrible flu-like symptoms, but thankfully that along with the headaches are behind me at this point. Hopefully in a few weeks time I'll be posting some positive energy gains as well!!

Flu like symptoms is a good way to describe the feeling you go through.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Hell yeah it could be vaping that's causing it...vaping isn't breathing air.it's not good just becuase it's not smoking....you may very well have a reaction to what you are vaping. you may be allergic PG,you may be allergic to the artifical sweetners like sucrolose and flavorings,you may even be allergic to VG though highly unlikely...
alot and I mean alot of people have reactions to the stuff they start vaping with and have to go through a process of elimination in order to find out the culprit of why the feel bad....hell I know the owner of a well known juice company that's allergic to VG of all things....
The most likely culprit is the PG you're vaping, the sensitivity to PG ranges from people who develop rashes,and sores to watering eyes and sore sinuses, to less drastic reactions.When I started vaping i vaped 70pg/30 vg juice..it was the industry standard...I would get watery eyes and a slight cough,but hell what smoker doesn't.....then slowly slowly over the weeks and months I got this incredible fatigue, and after that i started getting muscle cramps....I started with eliminating all the artifical sweetners and flavorings, that didn't make a huge difference....I went on the ECF board and started investigting, I learned alot of people were sensitive to PG,but their reactions were not like mine they got terrible rashes and sores, in their mouths,and other stuff, but usually it happened to them immediately or soon after vaping PG.....until I came across a post by a guy who described the same experince
I was having a slow sneaking fatigue that accumilated over time....some people's reaction to PG is cumlative it doesn't happen all at once it happens when enough PG has accumulated in their systems. after reading that post I stopped vaping...two days later I felt much much better...I started vaping again with 50pg50 vg and felt alot better, but after a few months I started feeling bad so I dropped down to 100%VG juices....today I vape about 12%PG88%VG....I would suggest eliminating PG first it's usually the culprit don't vape any PG at all for a week or more and see how you feel....if it doesn't work move on to eliminating other things vg,artifical ingredents,ect..until you find out what's causing it..then tailor your vape accordingly.

Melicious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Turns out a packet of Emergen-C and 315mg of green tea extract every morning helps tremendously. Time probably has something to do with it too. It's been a full six months now so I think my body might be finally getting adjusted to the new routine.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Taste comes back! Food tastes good.
Aint that the truth! During all the years I smoked, I couldn't care less about food. It was all mediocre tasting and a bother to deal with (gotta cook it, do dishes, etc). Now that I vape, I'm pretty much constantly thinking about food 'cause it all tastes so good!

creaman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Speaking personally, I quit smoking just over two months ago. The first two weeks of vaping for me were the absolute worst, but had nothing to do with vaping in my opinion. I say they were the worst because I was coughing up so much crap, it began waking me up at night. I heard a lot of people talk about quitting, or going to vaping, and the effects your body experiences after, but didn't know what to actually expect. Now, I started out on 24 mg because 12mg did nothing to curb my urge initially. At around the 3 week mark, I dropped to 18, then 12 a week later. Two weeks ago I purchased an bigger setup and now I'm vaping 3mg max vg's and feel tremendously better. As far as headaches, I haven't had any to this point. I did just have a dr appt today and my dr pointed out that I seem to have slightly low blood pressure, which would seem odd as I've never had low bp, but in fact, it's always been higher. I told him I quit smoking and started vaping, and he had nothing but praise for my choice and urged me to continue(he also said it's a great step towards stopping nicotine use altogether lol). My suggestion, drink more water and eat healthier. Habits change for some after quitting smoking, and your body adjusts to the change as well. Gotta figure that some people's bodies respond better than others, but, I'm also not a medical professional nor will I pretend to be one. Just my advice from what has worked for me over the years.

death2fake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nicotine intake can decrease your hemoglobin count. Thus tiring you. You could very well well be taking higher levels of nicotine thus making your hemoglobin count lower than when on cigs or your taking in less nicotine which would mean your taking in less of the stimulant drug called nicotine. Both can contribute to less energy.

VU Sponsors